It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where would you go/what would you bring if you had to live in seclusion?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Ok everyone, the BOB's listed are the norm and great all around gear, but not one person listed the one thing that everyone should have, and that's a 18 rubber cathetor tube. There are so many uses for this simple tool and it is absolutely worth its weight in life saving potential.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
As far as location or destination, I'm going to have to suggest the Pacific Northwest. Prince of Wales Island in S.E. Alaska comes to mind. Why you ask, the survival resources.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
What would you use a rubber catheter tube for? I consider myself pretty well prepared, have read a decent amount of books, and consider myself an experienced camper - but I'm stuck on the catheter tube...

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I would have thought a radio would have been a good choice . One of those wind up ones that don't need batteries. And a wind up torch . And a wind up thing you can buy from ebay to charge up laptop batteries. And lots of bog roll .

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by TaunyaD

Off the top of my head, it can be used as a tournaquet or surgical aid. It can be used to syphon or direct fluids. When wrapped it can provide extra grip. Makes a pretty good tie down and It's a main component of a sling shot.

Worth it's weight.

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
A Rally sport car with canned goods, knives, a weapon to defend, toothbrush, fishing rod and various other utilities for a SHTF moment.

I say rally sport car because there are many many many self sufficient towns with no roads leading to them, If I am not welcome then I will head to another one.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join