It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In defense of one Eminem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:50 PM
link   
There is nobody here on ATS who ever comes to his defense, so I will defend him. Maybe it's because I'm a conspiracy theorist as well as a musician, and that's why I'm doing this.

But my whole point is that there is no evidence. There is nothing illuminati-esque when it comes to Jim. Y'all don't got nothin' on him. Stop dissin' on Slim.

What , y'all don't like his stage name? He should have gone with Reeses or Twix?

Why all this snip about Eminem? I'm being serious.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Hot damn , just take it easy on him.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I think there's a few Eminem fans around here. I'm don't dislike him at all, myself...

Some of his stuff rocks. Mostly his collaborations with Dre and his work with D12, but some of his solo stuff is decent too.

I'm not a big fan of his newest stuff, though. Clean cut and sober is just lame. Sorry, but it is. Deal with it. Crazy junkies with machines guns are interesting. Rehabbed white guys aren't.

And yeah, the rap/illuminati thing is complete BS. It's shtick; showmanship; artists being artists. It's not meant to be taken literally.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by TheAssociate]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I quite like him too, not enough to buy any albums or anything but if the right tune comes on the radio while I'm driving around then I will turn it up and Rock out to it

I also have the Dr Dre 2001 album and I like the tracks he's on

[edit on 3-9-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheAssociate
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I think there's a few Eminem fans around here. I'm don't dislike him at all, myself...

Some of his stuff rocks. Mostly his collaborations with Dre and his work with D12, but some of his solo stuff is decent too.

I'm not a big fan of his newest stuff, though. Clean cut and sober is just lame. Sorry, but it is. Deal with it. Crazy junkies with machines guns are interesting. Rehabbed white guys aren't.

And yeah, the rap/illuminati thing is complete BS. It's shtick; showmanship; artists being artists. It's not meant to be taken literally.

TheAssoc.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by TheAssociate]

Hey, TheAssoc. I have only recently become fascinated with the rap/hip hop genre; the good stuff is , well, it's like contemporary social commentary poetry put to a beat.
Having said that I don't own any of Eminem's music, but the song he recently put out with Lil Wayne called Pick the World Up just completely blew my mind.

"I came up from behind and pretty much just snuck up and butt ------ this game up, better be careful when you bring my name up" is astounding when you listen to it.

Have you heard that one? I think it's great, obviously

That is a fascinating reply. Thank you . I can't speak for Eminem but having played music most of my life I understand where he is coming from in terms of cleaning up his life. For whatever reason(s) musicians are notorious for experimenting with and abusing substances.
Surely you can't be turned off from whatever he's doing now based on his recent changes.
I for one get tired of seeing all forms of substances being used habitually by musicians that I either make music with or that I hang out with.
I am making an effort in my own life to clean up and to disconnect from those musicians in my life who cannot seem to find balance in their "partying". So in a small way I can relate to what he's going through.
And I was tired of seeing a different "Eminem is a Mason" thread every single week.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I quite like him too, not enough to buy any albums or anything but if the right tune comes on the radio while I'm driving around then I will turn it up and Rock out to it

I also have the Dr Dre 2001 album and I like the tracks he's on

[edit on 3-9-2010 by davespanners]

I am the same way , mate,

Some of his stuff just completely rocks and his voice is so distinct it's hard to miss it.

As I mentioned to the poster above, I am just now getting into rap/hip hop. But I like Eminem's sound. I should probably check out some of his earlier stuff with Dre.

Also I love how protective he is of his mentor, and sings about him a whole lot.

Thanks for your reply.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Drop the world is the song name. So sorry about that.
grrrr that I messed up the song name.

peace

posted on Nov, 1 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
My thoughts came drifting back to this thread recently after I saw Colbert and his writers juxtapose Reeses and ...no , not twix, but Kit Kats. And I noticed yet another mistake, "Jim" should be "Him"

It was a mistake made in the course of defending him. No offense is meant to Slim. Though with these mistakes I've made while making this defense, if Em ever reads this he would probably just be like "Jesus, how in the world did I end up being defended by one dragonsmusic? Hot damn it"

edit on 1-11-2010 by dragonsmusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I was right before I corrected myself. In the film 8mile Eminem's character is named Jim. That's what I originally meant.

OK, Shady, if you do see this please don't hate me. In fact if you read this whole thing you would congratulate me. Because ever since it began it's put an end to all the threads called "Eminem is a Mason"

new topics

top topics

join