It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Audio from aliens video say's all

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theyarelying
www.youtube.com...

I didn't just stumble upon this I've done the research and you can do your own...

Op... I did some more research and I think you will also enjoy Blossom Goodchild and the Galactic Federation of Light!

Tune in... and dig it!
www.blossomgoodchild.com...

IRM

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
This was a hoax back in the 70'S, I rember this well. I was in high school then. Some new age cult or somthing like that intercepted the air waves of this Tv station. This made world wide news, even in the USA. The guy who did this went to jail for 3 years I think in the UK. the equipment he used was also stole. It was funny though some people thought this was real.

I cant believe this is still going around today. It 2010 lol..

[edit on 3-9-2010 by SJE98]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
A great addition to the Hoax bin none the less.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

www.youtube.com...
I didn't just stumble upon this I've done the research and you can do your own...

Op... I did some more research and I think you will also enjoy Blossom Goodchild and the Galactic Federation of Light!
Tune in... and dig it!
www.blossomgoodchild.com...
IRM

InfaRedMan.....

Aaaahhhhh.......Blossie.....

What a treasure!

Cheers mate
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I actually remember this and heard it that night back then, even as a 16yr old I thought it was someone messing about, I must admit it was one of the rare times all my family shut up and listened to something

Quite a freaky thing to hear 17 floor up in a block of flats in Hackney East London (we picked up the Southern signal better than the London one then.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Then with the most sincere and generous advise I can muster I believe that you should learn how to research better.

I'd also like to point out that while you are researching you'll note that you are reading other people's efforts upon certain subjects or utilising technology not created by yourself. This method of, let's call it 'sharing', allows us to construct methods and techniques which make a more efficient use of our time and resources.

Perhaps after you have learned to be a better researcher you will want to share with us how you draw your conclusions.

I hope you understand that I am behind you here and wish to help you develop and hone your skills.

Everything of value around you has undergone academic scrutiny and allows you to exist in the fashion you do. Please respect that which has been given to you and match it with sharing your workings, or research, so that future generations can benefit from it too.

Everyone learns from a teacher even after they become a teacher themselves.

-m0r

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:01 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JJBB22
Why on earth would an Alien race be interested in the New Age and Occult? they wouldn't .......

You cannot say for certain what an alien would be interested in..because they are alien..
hell, they may find the game of twister to be the epicenter of all things enlightened and great while simply not understanding whatsoever the concept of humor..
They may eat cats (Alf did) like we eat potato chips, have intercourse with babies, and find burning parts of their body to be a great hobby..point being, a alien culture is just that...alien.

As far as this video/audio...

Gotta admit, this was some creative pirate radio for the time...I blame the raelians. Orson Wells eat your heart out.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SJE98
The guy who did this went to jail for 3 years I think in the UK. the equipment he used was also stole. It was funny though some people thought this was real.

Interesting. I was in the impression that the case was never solved...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Ashtar Command Hoax is not the only time a broadcast signal has been hijacked. Some guy posing as Max Headroom also did it in Chicago in 1987 when it was technologically much harder to do.

Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion incident

The Max Headroom broadcast signal intrusion incident was a television signal hijacking in Chicago, Illinois, on the evening of November 22, 1987; it is an example of what is known in the television business as broadcast signal intrusion. The intruder was successful in interrupting two television stations within three hours. Neither the hijacker nor the accomplices have ever been found or identified.

Source: Wikipedia

And here is the second broadcast the same night that interrupted Dr Who.

Does this mean that Max Headroom really exists?

iRM 2.0

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

Does this mean that Max Headroom really exists?

iRM 2.0

Wait.... Are you suggesting that Max doesn't exist???

Great, first Santa, then the Easter Bunny, and now this!

Did my parents tell me the truth about anything????

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by theMegaladon
LOL Ashtar Command

Apparently in 1977 they did not have this thing called Google

www.ashtarcommandcrew.net...

Southern Television broadcast interruption hoax
en.wikipedia.org...

From your link:

The IBA confirmed that it was the first time such a hoax transmission had been made.

"A hoaxer jammed our transmitter in the wilds of North Hampshire by taking another transmitter very close to it."

So they don't know who did it, or why, they are just calling it a hoax?

That isn't much in terms of evidence of hoaxing, and simply disregarding it as a hoax based on the fact that it could be.

One could argue that the alleged aliens jammed the transmitter in North Hampshire to break the news signal.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Wait.... Are you suggesting that Max doesn't exist???

The Max broadcast intrusion took place ten years later and was based on a preexisting character.

The only people that would believe that to be real would be those unfamiliar with the show.

The Southern Television broadcast interruption is different in that it wasn't based on a popular TV show, and seemed intent on delivering a specific message of peace to mankind in a unique way.

It terms of hoaxing it is not as obvious as the Max-Headroom interruption.

Even if it were a hoax...the message was a good one.

- Lee

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

The Southern Television broadcast interruption is different in that it wasn't based on a popular TV show, and seemed intent on delivering a specific message of peace to mankind in a unique way.

Message of peace?

You must live in peace... or leave the galaxy

Sounds more like a veiled threat to me. It's D-Grade Sci-Fi mate!

It terms of hoaxing it is not as obvious as the Max-Headroom interruption.

Yes it is. It's every bit as obvious! Right down to the English accent, the dodgy reverb unit and choice quotes such as:

I am an authorised representative of the Intergalactic Mission

Intergalactic ehh... Must be real!

We are beginning to enter the period of Aquarius

'We'? Didn't he mean 'You'? Also, it's just hippy culture spin completely contextual to the period.

This is the voice of Vrillon

Vril? Kookie Nazi New Agers?
C'mon man... it's a mish-mash of borrowed crap! And really kitsch at that!

IRM

[edit on 3/9/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
who says this is even from 1977 in the first place?
is there a document saying that this is from 1977?
from what i know it popped up on the web a couple years ago and people BELIEVE this trash.

give me 10 minutes and few downloadable programs and I could recreate this.

I love the fact that this pirate broadcast happened in britain, and the "alien" has a british accent. what a #en joke.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

...One could argue that the alleged aliens jammed the transmitter in North Hampshire to break the news signal...

I suppose...but to what end?

So they can give this "very important message to the world" to only about 0.01% of the world's population? You would think the aliens would have found a better way to get their message out.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by epitaph.one
who says this is even from 1977 in the first place?
is there a document saying that this is from 1977?
from what i know it popped up on the web a couple years ago and people BELIEVE this trash.

It did happen in 77 man. Sorry but that's a fact! In any case, it doesn't make it real.

IRM

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   

The Max broadcast intrusion... was based on a preexisting character.

As was the Ashtar Command. George Van Tassel has been channeling the "Ashtar Command" since the 1950s. By the time of the Southern Television intrusion, Van Tassel's Ashtar and his message had grown in popularity in the New Age community. Several channelers were all claiming to have contact with the entity. A channeler going by the pseudonum Tuella had written several popular New Age books about Ashtar in the 70s.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

One could argue that the alleged aliens jammed the transmitter in North Hampshire to break the news signal.

Yes, you could argue that, but it makes no sense when looking at the facts. The fact the alien had a British accent. The fact that if aliens wanted to send humanity a message of peace, they only conveyed it to a negligible portion of the population. The fact the Southern Television signal was not actually interrupted, but another signal placed over it; that is why viewers could still see the program being run and why you can hear Looney Tunes in the audio. The fact this is exactly what you'd expect if someone placed another transmitter close to Southern Televisions, which was vulnerable to such intrusions.

You can argue that it was aliens the intruded on the signal but you have absolutely no evidence for that.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:59 PM
link   
To those of you who say this is fake, because the "alien" has a British accent, that it implausible. To the British, we have an accent. It is impossible not to have an accent. So, it would make sense to me that in England, Aliens speak with a British accent, and in America, aliens speak with an American accent.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join