It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can you recommend a good documentary ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I am hoping that one of you might be able to help me find a documentary on the " observable universe " theory or other wise known as the concious universe theory .

It's is the theory that our observation is what creates what we see and " it " does not exist until " it " is observed .

So if you know of a good doc. that covers this topic , please post and thanks in advance .

Edit to add , if I have the name of this theory wrong please correct me

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Max_TO]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Have you ever seen "What the Bleep?"...if not, it would be a good start for anyone seeking to learn a bit about the interrelationship between our minds and quantum physics...the movie contains snippets from many authors on related subjects, so it's a good jumping-off point and I highly recommend it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Check out this site from time to time..

www.einztein.com...

At the moment it doesn't have lectures on your requested topic, keep an eye out. The lectures change frequently and are usually quite good.

Another excellent site for documentaries is here:
www.documentarywire.com...
It constantly adds more with time.

[edit on 2/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Oh yeah...and I forgot add...the principle that you're talking about is called the "observer effect"...from what I recall, it's covered in the movie I suggested.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Robert Lanza, M.D. is considered one of the leading scientists in the world. He is currently Chief Scientific Officer at Advanced Cell Technology, and Adjunct Professor at Wake Forest University School of Medicine. He has hundreds of publications and inventions, and over two dozen scientific books: among them, “Principles of Tissue Engineering,” which is recognized as the definitive reference in the field.

www.robertlanza.com...

Dr. Lanza believes nothing exists unless it's observed, his website has a lot of information. George Knapp interviewed him last Sunday on Coast to Coast AM and Art Bell did an interview with him about six months ago.

Biocentrism: How Life and Consciousness Are the Keys to Understanding the True Nature of the Universe | January 8th, 2009

I have his book called Biocentrism, a very good read, hope this helps.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Aquarius1

Hello my fellow Art Bell coasty head friend

Do you remember early this year Art had a guy on for only two hours that talked about this vert topic ? It was thinking of that particular show that really got me interested in this topic , perhaps I should check your posted links as you may already linked him lol

And thanks to the other posters that have posted links , checking now

Edit to add , yes you did post info on the guy in question lol

I made my post based on seeing your avatar , knowing you would know the guy before I even read what you had typed , a bit excited I was

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Hi Max, it was Dr. Lanza who he interviewed about this topic, no one else comes to mine, sent you a link to the Knapp's show, check your 2U2 and enjoy.

Also have Art's interview if you're interested in having it.
Just so you know I am not a Coasty, only listen to Art and Knapp.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Ah I didn't say coast head , i said Art Bell coasty head , huge difference when you take the George factor into the mix :p

And thanks for the u2u , listening now
and yes please send the Art link swell

Also going to check out the doc , what the bleep do we know

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This breaks it down in 20 minutes.
I love this video because it explains it in a way I can understand.

Ignore after 20 minutes, unless you don't want to

The Secret Beyond Matter

Google Video Link

[edit on 2-9-2010 by earth2]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Sounds like your talking about general quantum physics...the what the bleep thing is alright to watch. I prefer my QP with a bit of intellectual/religious persuits so I would recommend The Elegant Universe....its alot about string theory, but the first half is a sort of catching you up with many QP theories.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO

Ah I didn't say coast head , i said Art Bell coasty head , huge difference when you take the George factor into the mix :p

Don't know how long you have listened to Art Bell, me since the early nineties, we never called it Coast, there was no Coast website only artbell.com and we referred to the show as the Art Bell Show..if I asked anyone if they listened I always said, do you listen to Art Bell, if they didn't they certainly knew who he was.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Cool , I didn't know that

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Hi Max_TO.

I second "salman rushdie" motion/mention about
"What the BLEEP!? down the rabbit hole" ! ! B-)

See my signature's first line.
It changed my life and my view on life.

About the mind controling the matter,
think about the "random generators" and
the "placebo effect" ! !

Blue skies.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by C-JEAN

Interesting you mention random generators "the eggs', do you follow Dean Radin's work, he is involved with "the eggs" check out his web site..

www.deanradin.com...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Hi Aquarius1.

Originally posted by Aquarius1
. . .do you follow Dean Radin's work. . .

YOU BET I do ! B-)

Very "well organized/methodical" man !

In the "What the BLEEP!? down the rabbit hole"
3 DVDs kit, there are a bunch of very fun and
learned/knowledgeable persons !

Blue skies.

top topics

join