It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just How Much Will You Take?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
America. Symbol of the free world. Defender of the rights of those in oppression...oh wait...that was 70 years ago. Let's fast forward to today. America is hated by almost all countries of the world. We fight wars to help eep fascists and tyrants in power all for the sake of the almighty dollar. Our leaders and laws are now made as if out of thin air, yet still americans cling to the belief that we actually voted them in. We as americans believe all the rubbish and lies fed to us by government officials and the mass media. We have been conditioned by television and other media to bow down to the government and heed their every word. The united states is rapidly becoming a mess of unemployment, illegal immigrants, political corruption,and unconstitutional laws.
In school we were taught that it is the responsibility of all good americans to defend the constitution of the united states, and that our founding fathers were heroes. Thomas Jefferson, in the Declaration of Independence, that when laws of a nation become tyrannical and unjust, it is the citizens DUTY to rebel and or replace said government. Today, if we try to stand up for our constitution and personal rights, we are labeled as terrorists.
The closest thing we have to a resistance is the tea party, which is a joke unto itself.
Our government has become a tyranny upon us and wishes to constrict us even more.
How much more will we take? What will it take to wake up the sleeping masses enough to actually begin positive change in our corrupted government?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadyr80
Today, if we try to stand up for our constitution and personal rights, we are labeled as terrorists.

See, the problem is:
We don't have enough people who rebel and overthrow the government. While a small group will try and stand up for something righteous, the rest of us just sit back and watch the powerful arm of the gov't wipe clean those attempts of said rebels. What we need is a large enough group of people to really overthrow the government. One swift action, just eject them all from office and replace them. Ok, I understand that's a stretch even Stretch-Armstrong couldn't reach. So, until the entire country has had enough...we're all doomed.

Now, to answer your question? I cannot say. There can be speculation galore but when it comes down to it, I think when that event happens where everyone has had enough - everyone will know. We will, possibly at the same time, be completely sure that we've had enough and it might result in total chaos and war. I apologize if I over-thought the question here, it's just my two cents. Still sorry I couldn't completely answer your question though.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Not overthought at all. You make my point exactly. We as americans have become so stupid and passive, that we allow ourselves to be herded and labeled like cattle. There is nothing that any of us can do to stop our omnipotent government, unless a majority of the nation would unite against federal tyranny, which I don't see happening because of aforementioned passivity.

The federal government is the destroyer of this once great nation, and apathy is the tool with which that destruction takes place.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
how much will i take ? - depends..
i dont have kids to tend..
i'm already somewhat suicidal..
so-i reckon it would be a coin toss.
so you gotta ask yourself- do i feel lucky?
well- do you
punk?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
The only way I see people finally ALL getting on board to revolt and/or rebel, is if we, without a doubt discover that we've been lied to on a Global Scale about something that compromises or jeopardizes the human race as a whole.

Like say, something time dependent, something eminent, true and real unavoidable pain that they have known about for ages, and instead of trusting the people enough to tell them, they've turned us into mindless, emotionless drones so that we may continue mining and placing bricks in their walls. If we learned that they've purposefully kept us docile out of fear that we may destroy ourselves before it is time to do so, I think this, this would get people to fully and effectively stop The Machine in its tracks, once and for all.

A singular, undeniable, scientifically proven fact, and evidence that they have known about it, and chose the hidden path. Does such a thing exist? It would have to be something that would not rely on media broadcasting. Every eye must see it, to believe it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by leira7

what would you like to see? Marshal Law? The full power of the "PATRIOT ACT"? Your property taken away by Wal Mart or 7/11? they have already changed the text books in schools your freedom is not freedom, you can no longer go north or south with out a pass port is that not control? this does not effect me one bit for I know it is coming, I am for the "PATRIOT ACT" the 2001 act, just wish they would get on with it, just think no more adds for this person or that person no having to move to an other state to get that states ID. or Driver license, I will have a Nationwide DR and ID. No more ID theft for how can you steel someones Chip?Then again this does not bother me, does it you?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by bekod]

new topics

top topics

join