It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Favorite cooking show?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I don't know if the rest of you are as obsessed with cooking shows but here are my top three:

1) Good Eats with Alton Brown

2) Iron Chef (the real one not the knock off)

3) The Thirsty Traveller (not really a cooking show but on the Food network)

[Edited on 22-6-2004 by echosounder]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The one cooking show I loved when I had cable was "Two Fat Ladies." It was a great show, and they cooked some really nice stuff, rich stuff, which made it better

They were funny, too. hehe

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Watakushi no kioku ga tashika naraba...

"Yomigaeru Aiyan Sheffu!"

"The Naked Chef" was good, too.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 08:28 PM
link   
1. "Iron Chef" hands down. It's fun, and it keeps the kids mesmerized too. I think it's kid appeal has something to do with the drums and "in your face" camera action.

2. "Good Eats". Love that show! Humor, education AND recipies -- can't get better than that!

3. "Great Chefs"/"Great Chefs of the World".

The worst? Anything with Emeril in it.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 02:17 AM
link   
I love Jamie Oliver !!!

Soooooooo cute and with that adorable British accent. And so young and talented. I just HAVE to buy his cookbook.

The Frugal Gourmet - This guy was SO funny.

I like that Great Chefs show too.

There's an Italian woman on the Food Network that makes some yummmmmy looking stuff but I can't remember either her name or the name of the show.

When I was a little grrl, I remember having a crush on the Galloping Gourmet.

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   
Jamie Oliver - The Naked Chef

Anthony Warrel Thompson

Les Hiddins - The Bush Tucker Man. An excellent series. Hiddins wandered through the Outback living on what he could find and hunt. Including a tree whose sap was full of sugar (like liquid Pixy Stix) and the obligatory Witchety Grub.

Dinner in the Outback

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
The one cooking show I loved when I had cable was "Two Fat Ladies." It was a great show, and they cooked some really nice stuff, rich stuff, which made it better

They were funny, too. hehe

Yeah I forgot about them they were pretty cool. If memory serves there was once a survey where men were asked if they had to stranded somewhere, would they prefer the Two Fat Ladies or the supermodel of their choice and the Fat Ladies won hands down.

I think Jennifer is the one who died a couple years ago.

posted on Jun, 29 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Good Eats - because he taught me WHY so much of my stuff didn't work out. I like his multi-task mentality, too. There's also a pretty good drinking game that goes with this show. Cracks me up that a cooking show has such a fan base that it's got its own drinking game!*L*

I liked Iron Chef when Morimoto was on because sometimes you could almost see the little actress types at the end during judging eyeballing him lustily. (Hee-hee)... and also because as brutal as it was, it showed them having to deal with some serious hassle if the Ingredient still had a pulse!

Naked Chef... has to be one of my favorites. I like how he just throws things in and doesn't get all bunched up about it. Emeril's good, but when he whips out a tray of 20 little cups of ingredients, I know it's gonna be a long night. Jamie Oliver mashes up some stuff, tosses it in the oven and it comes out looking just as great!

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
That River cottage guy from ch4 hugh fernly whittingstall , The naked chef, Gary rhodes, Floyed, Ken Hom, 2 fat ladies,Douglas chew asia cooking on digital tv , and wozza from ready steady cook ....ill add more when i can think of their names

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by SE7EN]

posted on Jul, 4 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
1) Ready Steady Cook - Classic, Ainsley Harriort's a living legend!!!!!!

2) Naked Chef - Jamie Oliver's originality scores high

3) Riverside Cottage - Good programme idea, crappy cook but the scenery ruled

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 04:30 AM
link   
I forgot 'Cook on the Wild Side' - Hugh Fernley Whittingstall's first outing.
I thought that was far superior to Riverside Cottage, although that was certainly entertaining.

And I had a teacher when I was a kid who was the spitting image of the Galloping Gourmet - he was a complete arsehole.

[Edited on 5-7-2004 by Pisky]

posted on Jul, 5 2004 @ 05:13 AM
link   
The cooking show that use to be on PBS until it was discovered the host was molesting kids.

Its the only show I ever watched and even then it was just a five minute clip on the nightly news.

I always knew something was up with that guy.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:22 AM
link   
well lets see...

i havent seen any cooking shows on cable but some of my old favorites were...

cajun cooking with justin wilson

yan can cook! "if yan can cook, so can you!" martin yan use to rock, now he sucks. he was good years ago when he was still on lifetime (when lifetime wasnt anti-man and showing a bunch of man does the woman wrong movies) but the "new" martin yan sucks IMO.

emeril use to be good when he first came out and then "bam!" became a buzzword and it ruined him. i like the pre media blitz emeril.

chillin and grillin. and old show on the TV food network. bobby flay and some other guy cooking with a gas grill and a charcoal grill. simple concept and it worked.

malto mario. i dont know why but mario batalli seems to interest me in italian cooking, not that i didnt like italian cooking before...

cucina amore, a good cooking show, one fat guy pretending to be italian cooking a lot of non italian food (most of the time) and another guy pretending to be his cousin. maybe they are cousins but the show is amusing and the cooking is impressive.

i dig iron chef but that william shatner version SUCKED!!! iron chef usa??? no thanks! stick to priceline.com captain kirk.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:53 AM
link   
iron chef
good eats
yan can cook (remember him, don't think he has a show anymore)

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 07:54 AM
link   
I love any cooking show where they cook food.

posted on Jul, 6 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   
2 Fat Ladies RULE! Its my favorite cooking show.

Oh! and of course, the kids show ZOOM! It was awesome

[Edited on 7-6-04 by Scat]

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Good eats is #1 But, anyone remember the Galoping Gormet? The host was Grahm Kerr.

posted on Aug, 24 2004 @ 10:13 PM
link   
You stole mine PM! - lol - I liked "cajun cooking" with justin wilson too

Being a chef myself, I gotta go with Iron Chef as well....those guys are truly incredible - nothing is more mesmerizing for me then getting a chance to watch a Master Chef duel it out with an iron chef....I can never understand how the master chef will somtimes lose, but nonetheless...incredible to watch

Anything with Mario Batli in it is usually worth watching...I had the chance to meet him in a suhi bar here in Tallahassee - really nice guy...

I liked the high fat Grahm Kerr - I understand why he went low-fat, but he cooked better stuff then than now, by far - lol

Gotta love the two fat ladies - what can you say, they're fat and they love to cook and eat - just plain beautiful

Lots more but I can't think of them all right now...I'd love to have my own some day

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Buger King commercials, man when they show that 100% Beef patty being laid down on a slice of crisp, golden buns, with that delicious American Cheese which melts and flows to the sides makes me want it more. Actually I like any cooking show. Anywhere there is food, they are my freind.

posted on Aug, 25 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   
actually there are two more shows i've been watching lately, they're both italian cooking shows, one is with nick stellino. he's very amusing, bearded cooks make me nervous for some reason but he's still amusing and a good cook. like me he doesnt exactly measure and doesnt focus on that but rather how the food is prepared, a very effective method of teaching IMO.

BBQ university is good too. i have 3 of his books. raichlan is pretty good at what he does.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join