It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexico: Soldiers kill 25 in gunbattle near border

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Mexico: Soldiers kill 25 in gunbattle near border

news.yahoo.com

MONTERREY, Mexico – Mexico's military says 25 suspects have been shot dead by soldiers in a gunbattle near the U.S. border.

A spokesman says soldiers were patrolling around noon Thursday in the town of General Trevino when they came under fire from gunmen on a ranch. The troops returned fire and killed at least 25 people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Wow, thats a large amount of people killed in a battle. As every day passes, this conflict just seems to be growing astronomically. It kind of makes me think that this is similar to Afghanistan, but in Mexico.

3 people were rescued at the battle and the spokesperson said they were believed to be kidnapped victims. Imagine if a battle this size was on the US side of the border. It would be all over the news.

At the time I posted this, the story came out 30 minutes ago, so theres not really much else to the story other than a few paragraphs, so more details should be out soon.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit - Havent been able to find any info on the Mexican military casualties yet.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by buni11687]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I don't know what to say

massive war after massive war that is necessary

it just doesn't make any sense
it's too chaotic to be logical and therefore i'd believe conspiracy theory as to why it's happening before I believe "it's the trend".

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
The news article just got updated. It says no soldiers were killed or wounded seriously. Some weapons and vehicles were siezed.

The article also says the shootout involved the Zeta's again. It goes on to talk about a brief history of the war and the Zeta's.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I'll be the first to say it...

GREAT!

25 less criminals bringing in drugs, terrorizing, and murdering innocent Americans.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

So there is soon a war starting on our doorstep.

And our military is off protecting the District's butt elsewhere.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Zomar
I'll be the first to say it...

GREAT!

25 less criminals bringing in drugs, terrorizing, and murdering innocent Americans.

I was kind of surprised you didn't say 25 more terrorists dead

Anyways, I'll lay this on the table for us to reflect on, did any of the criminals surrender? Was any of them arrested in this battle?

Kind of weird don't you think? When these criminals are materialistic, so why would they all fight till death? I can understand when the Taliban goes and attacks military bases knowing they have very little chance of surviving, but why would drug dealers and drug gangs do the same?

Smells fishy, unless these supposed drug gangs are not what they say they are, maybe they are fighting for a cause, just like the Afghan resistance. What is going on? We don't know yet, at least we don't hear about it..

Now eat it the information on the table, wait for it to digest then respond

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Kind of weird don't you think? When these criminals are materialistic, so why would they all fight till death?

Never heard the phrase "You'll never take me alive", huh? I've never seen the inside of a prison in Mexico, but perhaps they're bad enough that being shot and killed is a preferable alternative to ending up in one.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
We'll leave Mexico to stew in it's own bloody juices.

Here we have a nation that borders our own and is spiraling out of control, but we need to make people on the other side of the world safe.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Never heard the phrase "You'll never take me alive", huh? I've never seen the inside of a prison in Mexico, but perhaps they're bad enough that being shot and killed is a preferable alternative to ending up in one.

Yes I have heard of that phrase, are you suggesting all 25 of these drug gang had the same mentality? How many of them do you suggest smoked, sniffed, or injected the same drugs they import/export/sell?

What are the chances?

Think about all facts here, it will help you understand a little more..

And yes I know about Mexican prisons, last I checked here in ATS, the US was teaching them how to torture effectively.

That being said, even with that wouldn't they want to sniff/snort/inject or smoke those drugs within the prison for more time?

If P gets in prisons here in NZ, what makes you think it doesn't get in Mexican prisons? Which is a damn corrupt nation if you compare it to NZ..

Need more information on the table to eat..

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
-kill them all .
mexican gangs are scum

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Its all bull, they are trying to slow down illegal immigration to the US by filling everyone's hearts with fear when they think of crossing mexico to get to the US, the media are making it sound that way so mexico becomes some sort of moat of the US.

its a diabolically good strategy, since the majority of immigrants are illiterate, and come from very poor places and get all of their news from mass media.
I'm willing to place a bet, illegal immigration will decrease by a few full percentiles in the coming months, want proof, the 70 something murdered just a few days ago, the"only survivor" (there where more, at least another ecuadorean), saying on all media channels in south america, don't even try it, you will get slaughtered for sure...

and thus ends the bloody business of the day...

new topics

top topics

join