It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US-led attacks kill 16 civilians in Afghanistan

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

US-led attacks kill 16 civilians in Afghanistan

www.jnoubiyeh.com

US-led forces in Afghanistan have killed at least 16 civilians over the past 24 hours, amid growing public rage over such attacks.

Ten civilians have been killed in a NATO airstrike in the northern Takhar province. The victims were reportedly election campaign workers.

Afghan President Hamid Karzai strongly condemned the attack on three vehicles carrying election campaign workers.

"In the war on terror, pro-democracy people should be distinguished from those who fight against democracy," a statement quoted Karzai as saying.

Earlier on Wednesday, six civilians were killed and sev
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
More senseless massacres of civilians by US led forces in a country they have no right to be in. No wonder these people hate US.

Those who expose these heinous crimes put their lives and their livelihoods at risk, while the criminals carry on unchallenged.

This criminal madness has got to stop.

www.jnoubiyeh.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by wcitizen

I guess this is why they didn't accept the civilian probe which was gonna be UN based..

NATO not accepting the probe for the second time truly destroys their credibility therefore no one has any right to believe anything they say anymore in regards to civilian deaths.

It is obvious a propaganda campaign is going on, and I suspect sometimes civilians are killed intentionally and blame on the resistance in order to demean and destroy their influence.

Terrorism will always be terrorism, just because you have bigger guns and jets, and guided missiles, and drones, and satellites, and tanks, and night visions, doesn't mean you are special forces or troops, you are also terrorists.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Let me think outside the box, the DOJ just labeled those who want the pure constitution (restore the republic) as terrorists, and they dont kill people in mass. Yet the military in an undeclared war is allowed to murder civilians of foreign lands without investigation or justice for the innocent?...

"Gods kill at will yeah, i am free, i am free" -skinny puppy.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Yay! Our forces are murdering innocents overseas while our doorstep is being protected from criminals by the Mexican government.

I would say we were all stupid if we had any actual say in it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   
So wait, are our military forces (individual soldiers) becoming corrupt too? Or we're they already? I'm sure not all of them were/are, and it's very possible that it's just the officers. Am I wrong? Correct me, but that's what it seems. Some of our guys are getting ego's and killing civilians? Where does the nightmare end?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:35 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

I'm with you on that, totally.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by philosearcher

You know, I believe the soldiers are also victims in this. Firstly, they have been sent to put their lives at risk on the basis of a lie, and worse, the real reason they are there is to put more money in the pockets of those who are already obscenely wealthy, and to further their evil agenda to rule and exploit the whole world.

I think the forces are sitting ducks as far as the mind manipulation and control that is being forced upon them, they are probably micro-chipped beyond belief and many are being plied with all sorts of drugs.

So, yes, I think individuals are becoming more 'corrupt' - but tragically, in many cases perhaps, this is being forced on them.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   
reply to post by trutherman

Yep, that's it in a nutshell. The world is totally upside down thanks to the demonic tyrants who rig the elections and then, with the help of the MSM propaganda machine, dupe the public into believing they have been voted in on the basis of an honest, democratic election.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   

I starred you but I also am going to disagree with you, partially,

Firstly, they have been sent to put their lives at risk on the basis of a lie ...

Had they not volunteered to join the services they wouldn't have been sent anywhere. Just sayin.

Nevertheless, you are right, once in that system their souls are pulverized into mush so that they may be told to do anything and they will do it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

I guess this is why they didn't accept the civilian probe which was gonna be UN based..

NATO not accepting the probe for the second time truly destroys their credibility therefore no one has any right to believe anything they say anymore in regards to civilian deaths.

It is obvious a propaganda campaign is going on, and I suspect sometimes civilians are killed intentionally and blame on the resistance in order to demean and destroy their influence.

Terrorism will always be terrorism, just because you have bigger guns and jets, and guided missiles, and drones, and satellites, and tanks, and night visions, doesn't mean you are special forces or troops, you are also terrorists.

As they say "Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the rich" But as usual it's simply collateral damage when we 'civilized' countries do it... between the 7th october when the war started and december 10th 2001 at least 3800 civilians were killed in US air strikes in Afghanistan...i always find that figure startling for the simple fact that it was in the first 3 months of a war that was supposedly about finding the people behind 9/11 and the just under 3000 civilians being killed...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

"Terrorism is the war of the poor and war is the terrorism of the rich"

Ohh thank GOD others believe that too lol, for some time I thought that would equate me to a terrorist

Can you tell me whose quote that is please?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
There are ways to make a puppet government without killing civilians. Too bad terrorists have used a biological weapon on US forces the makes them stupid.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Not some big philosopher or anything, i think it's originally a quote by Peter Ustinov about the iraq war although i have heard a story that a woman who was a holocaust survivor may have said it also...who knows, i like it though.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   

There is always two sides to every story.

Fatal airstrike in Afghanistan is disputed

But in a contrasting assessment of the airstrike, international forces said it singled out a group connected to the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan, including a senior leader who is believed to be the deputy shadow governor in Takhar.

Defense Secretary Robert Gates, who was in Kabul to meet with Afghan President Hamid Karzai, said at a news conference with Karzai that "I can confirm that a very senior official of the Islamic Movement of Uzbekistan was the target and was killed." Gates said the official was responsible "for organizing and orchestrating a number of attacks here in Kabul and in northern Afghanistan."

[edit on 3-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How does the "side" you portrayed change anything? We all know that the US cares less how many innocents get killed as long as they get the one bad guy they are after.

This portrays a reasonable and logical "other side" to you? It is still deplorabe.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayno
reply to post by SLAYER69

This portrays a reasonable and logical "other side" to you? It is still deplorabe.

I thought it would be nice to post a more informative article regarding the incident. The one in the OP was short, biased and lacking in details is all.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
On the overall scale of things America and others have brutally massacred an untold amount of Afghan civilians in cold blood, it is despicable, shameful and cannot be justified at all by a sane and rational person. But as slayer has shown that does not mean we should not look at each individual case in detail to find a balanced picture of what has occured, of course the military has been caught lying before so that must also be taken in to consideration.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
You know, sometimes it is worthwhile looking at all sides of a story in order to come closest to the truth.

The truth is, this picture is already plenty clear. The US callously and carelessly mows down civilians in their way in the course of carrying out their undeclared wars in civilian neighbourhoods; which are part of other people's territories.

It is callous, dispicable, and criminal. They are getting away with it only because they have made sure that their killing apparatus is the biggest one on the planet, lest anyone dare to question or challenge them.

Trying to dispute or dilute this cold, hard, well documented fact at this point in time with some tidbit of the military's perspective is disingenuous. There is nothing to be gained from this discussion. Somehow, someone has to regain control and install some sanity and decency into the war machine that America has become.

[edit on 9/3/2010 by wayno]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
The US has the reputation for killing civilians and members of Allied forces than any other country.

Go figure.

In any of the wars of recent times, it has happened on every occasion, British soldiers have been murdered by US (allied) forces. The gun touting marines can't wait to fire a shot. I can't recall an incident where British forces have killed any US or Allied forces during conflict. Some will say that is because it doesn't get reported by the MSM. Rubbish.

Who has the best trained military outfit now I ask?

"Hey, we are scared sh*tless, so lets just kill them, and deal with the consequences afterwards". Mommy, I have a gun, so I feel safe now. lol.

That's the general vibe when it comes to the US fighting a war.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Thistled]

top topics

join