It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bliss Of Evil

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

I'm not sure friend. I don't self-analyze on that level.

Is that Albert Camus as your avatar? Looks like him.

And btw, most of my threads are failures anyway. I had one popular one and suddenly my motives are being questioned... the trappings of success I suppose. I also tend to abuse people in other people's threads too.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Nope, not old Albert sitting at an Algiers cafe...
Why don't you examine your motives and thoughts? You say you don't but you know..deny ignorance and all. Plus if you don't know yourself, how are you really going to know anything else deeply?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   

I'll be honest, I am cynical and don't believe in the humanist autonomy of the individual stuff. The more we look at ourselves the more circles of hell we will travel through. Life is to be lived, is it not? And If other people want to play the sober, cautious, and sensible citizen while at the same time being bastards I feel no qualms about abusing them because you can't have it both ways.

At best you want me to believe that you know yourself completely, are perfectly master of your own soul, and want to place blame on me because of your subjective personal beliefs.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

These people picking at you are just jealous of your splendor...Shake their dust off of your sandals...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nine-eyed-eel

These people picking at you are just jealous of your splendor...Shake their dust off of your sandals...

Ah, man...you guys. You crack me up!

Luciferians are quite the hoot.

At least you use creativity in your responses instead just quoting versus from some book for every occasion. Kudos on that.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Interesting.

Well I suppose there are many different philosophies out there.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by ghaleon12]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I hate to blow away my mysterious countenance but the truth is I was simply inspired by a recent movie and decided to create a thread playing off of it's theme. Really it's that simple. The world of art is built upon lies. No one pay any more attention to me, starting now.

Ok, not then... now.

Anyone wanna chat about anything? What's on your minds???

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Well, hellfire and brimstone! The OP is true to his form. Why do I think this is one of the funniest threads I've read on ATS?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:47 AM
link   

I love that show Intervention on A+E.

I love it when the addict falls down.

I love it when the whole family cries, everybody cries, they all love each other...but it just don't do it...

Do you like Intervention?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp

Luciferians are quite the hoot.

I still remember, o EnlightenUp, you spotted my devil the first time you talked to me...

You are clever and wise.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
Anyone wanna chat about anything? What's on your minds???

Tupperware. Just think what was done with Tupperware. The plebs used to throw parties just for that junk. We became dependent upon it. We stored our leftovers that we'd forget about and then discard because they got pushed into the back of the refrigerator. We became paranoid that the person for whom we made that beef stroganoff would forget to return it and our matching set would be forever incomplete. We really believed it was a great invention but it was merely a conditioning for the next step in the great plan.

Then came that infernal ZipLock company with its cheap, throw-away altenative containers that you generally buy three at a time. When the leftovers spoil you just throw away the whole thing if you lack the fortitude to open a container with rotting food and wash it out with a good disinfectant and deodorizer. We do not care if the person with whom we shared our culinary artistry returns it. There is no set; they're all the same thing. We know we can merely purchase another package of them and repeat the process, making ZipLock richer and richer while our social lives decay into mass agoraphobia. Who throws ZipLock container parties? Noone! That's who.

What happened to the Tupperware? We discarded it into a landfill so we could have a discardable version of Tupperware to throw in a landfill, that's what! The social effects have taken their toll and cannot be reversed. It made us not trust one another to do each other right. The insidious conditioning is killing all while ZipLock banks the profits. It destroyed the dream of a better world.

Legal: Deconstructing this post is forbidden by applicable law.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I'm not sure friend. I don't self-analyze on that level.

Is that Albert Camus as your avatar? Looks like him.

And btw, most of my threads are failures anyway. I had one popular one and suddenly my motives are being questioned... the trappings of success I suppose. I also tend to abuse people in other people's threads too.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by AProphet1233]

That right there contradicts what you are saying. To say you abuse people is an analysis of yourself. To say you don't self-analyze is itself an analysis of yourself.

I never said I completely know and understand myself..that interpretation comes from you. I DO try though, and I admit it. You do too, but you try not to admit it.

It just seems like you are trying to be clever, with varying degrees of success. Sometimes witty, other times half-wit.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenUp

Alas, a brave heart has unveiled the truth concerning the coming downfall of civilization as we know it.

Orchestrated by the highest of demonic forces, perpetrated on an unsuspecting humanity, the most beautiful of all possible chess move combinations... has been the systematic desensitization of the bourgeoisie toward plastic products.

Not only an attack on the social gathering sensibilities of these middle-class men and women, but also a gradual dulling of the senses which used to frequently be affected by the putrid odors and disturbing sights of foods gone rotten. Surely the most nefarious plan since the construction of the toilet seat.

Day and night the battle between good and evil wages surreptitious.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   

You're right. I just hope to make threads that people will like. Some confrontations are unavoidable though, it's natural. I'll always be the first to Mea Culpa.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   
I have a boss that I know is setting me up to fail. while there friends reap inside rewards I now have uncoverd some secrets that said person has been hiding from my companies head office that would either cause the company a loss of a client but most definatly loose my boss their job is it evil to tell the truth?
some of my co-workers I actually like and if the client goes there jobs would go to
I sooo want to tell the truth but dont want the bad karma

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gaurdian2012

tell us the type of secrets...disguised of course...

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

If you had the choice of choosing, between good and evil.... or things as they are that there is no good and evil, all things are random, all the good in the world, all the bad, and also all the evil. When you save a baby from a fire... or when a baby burns in a fire, when one does great things in this world, or when one dies before having a chance, is nothing but the flip of a coin, so let gravity decide....even god does not want responsibility therefore he created a self serving system....is there a god? is there a devil? is there good or evil?. If most had to chose between the truth, or a game called good and evil, then all the evil of the world is easily bearable before the truth as you want to see it, but the truth is beyond good or evil or even bad, so therefore there is no good or evil , there even is no such thing as bad. So why do things happen as they happen, why does one live while the other burn? Pick and chose your excuse because it will happen.

The story of god and the devil is the story of when heaven came into being, and came to the physical realm called earth and the universe by some. At the dawn of time when heaven touched the physical, when the infinite touched the finite, and created hell..... its a story of a boy that once lived, and his dog.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I understood everything up to the boy and his dog. Who is the boy, who is the dog? And why are they so symbolic.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I understood everything up to the boy and his dog. Who is the boy, who is the dog? And why are they so symbolic.

Travelers and creators of dimensions, beings that breached the nothingness, and created this thing we all experience. The only ones who truly have a choice, and choose not to be. Eternal wanderers in eternity, a symbol and the shadow of a symbol.

posted on Sep, 7 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   

Something here reminds me of the film The Golden Compass.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join