It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very important message to humanity

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
It is a message that has been talked about for many thousands of years up untill this day.

I don't care if anyone reads this, or if its not going to make sense, but maybe someone will see it and that is enough.

We humans are a kind that identify's itself with thought. Thought that we believe is our idenity, an accumulated charachter that we believe ourselves to be. We grow up as children and see the world around us, we develope by taking over characteristics of other people or behaving in a certain we because we want to be identified in that way. This proces goes on trhough our whole lives.

This is what we call ego.

You will judge and label everything immediatly when you see it, you will find fault with every tiny detail and if it bugs you you will try to change it by expressing your discontent which inturn effects other peoples. This thought, this ego divides us from what we really are. when one realizes himself he disconnects form the identification with the mind. The mind becomes a stream of thought, and simply that.

The ego is like a filter in the world, and every experience is filtered trhought it. You will project your thoughts on it and create your own little world. For some people the world is one where god is watching at all time and does not like sin. For others the reality is a grim one where everything is turned against them, for another it might be mediocer where something is always missing.

All live in exactly the same world but filter it by there own thoughts. The key to salvation form this wordly pain is surrendering. Going beyond the mind and seeing that everything that exists and everything that will ever exist is perfectly whole and without fault, and that it cannot be changed. This is what true surrender is about, its knowing that things are the way they are even thought you struggle with the problems in your mind.

We most realize this, because if we don't it will be our end. It's okay to come on ATS and discuss the worldly things but don't be divided. Don't argue with a muslim or with a christian, don't try to convert people, don't feel bad because the world is in this bad shape. Once we die, we will lose our ego anyway, and we will look at our behaviour in understanding, but with a sense of sorrow, because an entire life is wasted on the trivialities of existence when in fact we should enjoy it.

Even a minute of silence and being in a day will do wonders. I see the world being divided more then ever, and I believe that we will not snap out of it and prevent a catastrophy, I think it will be too late, it will end brutally. And like every birth cycle, the inevitibility of rebirth is there. It will come to you and then you will except it.

I was a person who identified with his thoughts and thought it was the only way to figure things out (watch my other threads of "my theory" and you will see that I thought everything is thought, which was a self made imprisonment, it was not at all reality, it was a product of thought and thus illusiory). After 5 years of trying every possible thought to find truth I came to find only the pain thought brings. I wanted to be released from it and it inevitibly brought me to the point where I am now. Realization can be achieved by anyone, if one is a senserely looking for the truth.

Like I said, many will not understand this at all, some will be at this point already and they will be able to relate, but the fact is I can't realize yourself, I can't push you I can't make you to do it. It is a deep human search for wholeness that brings you to it, and if the mind is occupied by the world it will be a puny existence with no goal no achievement.

Life is a constant struggle, because thats how we perceive it.

If you want to know more, I suggest you start listening to Krishnamurti, eckhart tolle, adyashanti and ramana maharshi. And I hope you will find peace within yourself.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by colloredbrothers]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Simiarly, I've been trying to accept that, "Everything is 100% correct, and Everything is 100% wrong." Been trying to accept every minute detail in this existence, instead of trying or wishing to change things. Still, it's an ongoing struggle for me, but I do agree with your OP.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Sahabi

Your struggling with it because its a thought, you tell yourself "well everything is 100% correct and 100% not correct". You have to see it. once you eliminate all ego it is inevitible to see that everything simply is. example: look at a tree, does the tree look worry'd? does it look sad? is it thinking about global warming? no, it simply is where it is. Imagine a tree having a mind, if it wouldn't realize it self and step out of it, it would become mad. Because the mind would say: "I don't want to stand here or Why is that bird nesting in me" and the tree wouldn't be able to do something about that, because it can't move! the only thing it can do is step out of the mind and simply be in peace. true realization true surrender.

You will keep struggling as long as it remains just a thought. Because one day you will see something horrible on television and you will tell yourself "no no its impossible how can everything be neutral when I can clearly feel the darkness?" and you start thinking on that. And your mind will keep talking to you, "no its like this, no not true it must be like this" just thoughts and thougths can change very quickly.

The whole reason why so many people are becomming mentally ill is because we live in the mind, and some people will can be haunted by an idea and because they identify with that idea it becomes who they are and that idea becomes the authority on reality and thus the become mentally ill.

They have opened an emergency psycheatric facility where children below 16 years old can come to. The problem has becomes so serious that our children are being put on a waiting list for psycheatric treatment. People become anorectic because they believe they are fat and they need to be thin because society planted that idea in them. And when ever they look at people they feel as if they are being judged.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by colloredbrothers

so yoru saying we shouldnt have abolished slavery? Or give females rights?

How far does this pitifull non intervention extend? exactly how long ago should humanity hve stoped trying to improve the world or change peoples mind.

sigh.... you know nothing.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf

How far does this pitifull non intervention extend? exactly how long ago should humanity hve stoped trying to improve the world or change peoples mind.

Not stopping to act. this is a comon misconception and this question is asked many times over again.

Being in the NOW and not being attached to the wordly things does not mean one cannot act upon something bad. It simply means that your stance on it has shifted.

Slavery and woman rights wouldn't be an issue because in this state everyone is equall and this equality is felt, so it wouldn't even be worth a discussion to have over because it is known.

People that are fully present are still able to do lots of things, look at buddha who travelled the world when he was enlightened.

what if you are stuck in an elevator what would your first response be? irritation? "why did this hve to happen to me again"; "why do I even have to bring john the papers" "why why why". You can't fight the elevator or make it work, the only thing left to do is come to terms with what is.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by colloredbrothers

Not stopping to act. this is a comon misconception and this question is asked many times over again.

Being in the NOW and not being attached to the wordly things does not mean one cannot act upon something bad. It simply means that your stance on it has shifted.

Slavery and woman rights wouldn't be an issue because in this state everyone is equall and this equality is felt, so it wouldn't even be worth a discussion to have over because it is known.

People that are fully present are still able to do lots of things, look at buddha who travelled the world when he was enlightened.

what if you are stuck in an elevator what would your first response be? irritation? "why did this hve to happen to me again"; "why do I even have to bring john the papers" "why why why". You can't fight the elevator or make it work, the only thing left to do is come to terms with what is.

Ego death can come from psychedelics too, then you see that what your making a problem off, does not exist. Its so puny, it just doesn't matter at all.

Don't be offended by this, it is not meant that way, although offence can be taken if the ego lets it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

"Slavery and woman rights wouldn't be an issue because in this state everyone is equall and this equality is felt, so it wouldn't even be worth a discussion to have over because it is known."-colloredbrothers

You have to educate people first... and even before that they have to want to be educated... so what your discribing as a perfect state takes a great deal of change in a the world to bring about. just saying youll spread your magical oneness farts on teh population and they will change their minds is ignorant at best.

What ever it is that you removed and called ego... obviously was your common sense so you should get it back.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   

"Slavery and woman rights wouldn't be an issue because in this state everyone is equall and this equality is felt, so it wouldn't even be worth a discussion to have over because it is known."-colloredbrothers

You have to educate people first... and even before that they have to want to be educated... so what your discribing as a perfect state takes a great deal of change in a the world to bring about. just saying youll spread your magical oneness farts on teh population and they will change their minds is ignorant at best.

What ever it is that you removed and called ego... obviously was your common sense so you should get it back.

I know its very difficult, and it will take time. And what i'm doing is simply a part of the proces, the people that can understand it will be helped other will be uneffected and will remain in there world untill it gets shaken up.

You don't know the full extent of what I speak of, If you really search for truth, you will look at the people I have listed. Much luck to you my friend, no need to post here anymore, your stance is clear.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Hey, thanks for sharing. Next time please take the time to read what you wrote and spell check. It makes for a much more enjoyable read.

I wonder if you relies that by saying everything is 100% perfect you are still judging and therefore applying your "ego" as you would call it. I like to believe that our inner thoughts create our outer reality... therefore its better to see the faults of this world and reflect within to fix these problems rather then just accepting everything as perfect

Derek

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

unfortunatly i find it perfectly ok to mourn when good people die. I find it perfectly ok to place all of my rage onto the backs of those i deem responsible.... and i find it perfectly ok to forgive anyone who deserves it of those crimes.

But i have not taken the path that you have of a complete removal of emotion.., because it is purposeless and ignorant. I have instead perfected my perspective and justified my anger... my love... and my saddness.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nacoda
Hey, thanks for sharing. Next time please take the time to read what you wrote and spell check. It makes for a much more enjoyable read.

I wonder if you relies that by saying everything is 100% perfect you are still judging and therefore applying your "ego" as you would call it. I like to believe that our inner thoughts create our outer reality... therefore its better to see the faults of this world and reflect within to fix these problems rather then just accepting everything as perfect

Derek

I was using the person's terminology which was refering to neutrality with 100% correct and 100% bad, it is thus neutral and thus without judgment.

Sorry indeed for the mistakes in my writing but I don't feel like searching every word and how its spelled, its very late here in europe. And I'm not saying everything is perfect, I'm saying that everythign simply is the way it is, and the longer you understand this the more this simple idea becomes beautiful and beingness becomes nice.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Nacoda

yeah he thinks that raped and murdered children should be happy that the world is 100% perfect and htat they deserved death... and we shoudl al be happy it was then and not us....

Maybe like the buddah we shoudl all go find a tree to sit under and fart into the wind.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

This is what true surrender is about, its knowing that things are the way they are even thought you struggle with the problems in your mind.
...I don't know, this to me sounds like you are saying "Just give up at trying to see the harsh reality of things, it's beyond you to change, just leave things as they are and live in ignorant bliss, it's a lot better."...I'm sorry, but whether or not you want to say these problems are "all in our heads", this planet does have serious problems that need addressing, and I will never willingly "surrender", you count me out, I wont go along like a good little sheep.

because an entire life is wasted on the trivialities of existence when in fact we should enjoy it.
Agreed, but we can't very well enjoy this reality when it is being crafted and manipulated by those that wish to keep us living in this illusionary matrix-like system. I agree we need to make the best of what we have, but I will not be another slave that just sits back and accepts this reality where a minute few contain outrageous amounts of wealth and power whilst the majority live in absolute poverty, and continue to milk us of life and opportunity. People can choose to live in happiness by ignoring these "trivialities", but I have decided that is not my given path to take, I will put up resistance, let me quote a pledge I made not to long ago:

I CHA0S, pledge myself to fight. I will fight along side you. I will fight for humanity. I will fight against this onslaught of dehumanizing, forward marching, obedient, drone-like, non-sentient horror of the system we live in.

[edit on 2/9/10 by CHA0S]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   

unfortunatly i find it perfectly ok to mourn when good people die. I find it perfectly ok to place all of my rage onto the backs of those i deem responsible.... and i find it perfectly ok to forgive anyone who deserves it of those crimes.

But i have not taken the path that you have of a complete removal of emotion.., because it is purposeless and ignorant. I have instead perfected my perspective and justified my anger... my love... and my saddness.

Anger will always be justified in the mind and love simply is.

I'm not removed from emotions, I can laugh at a joke and I will feel very sad if my parents were to die, but I don't live my life in pain because I attach myself to everything. Ofcourse life will bring struggles but atleast I'm able to rest before some of that horrible stuff happens. again, I'm new to this too, if you want an experienced view on the mind and how it works look into Krishnamurti, Eckhart tolle, adyashanti, ramana maharshi.

Being dettached from things doesn't make you emotionless, a very free feeling is experienced. The day you start to notice the pain your mind gives you you will understand.

I have always been a heavy thinker, and Iv found many people like me on the internet, the only thing we want is peace of mind. Because everyone searches for that empty part in us, and some might do it by searching for the truth and if one searches for the eternal truth by means of mind he will never find it and stand on the line of madness.

I thought about every single detail, distected everything and became misreble because of it. Many people live in this state of constant pain and think its the only and real world. Its sad, but it is.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

The trivialities are not ignored, just as I said earlier, by surrendering I don't mean giving up activity, its giving up the attachement and with that comes a very clear clean awareness.

And its not a selfmade ignorant bliss, its the only thing we really are. If you would like it better I can tell you that science has adopted all of these ideas and called it "mindfulness" it comes out of this tradition of surrender but westernized ofcourse. I know people that were thought mindfulness in institutions. Its the same thing, I'm not talking about something I made up.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:49 PM
link   
colloredbrothers, according to your understanding, is there one universal truth, or is truth relative to our own experiences?

And in regards to, "Everything is 100% correct and Everything is 100% wrong," I personally find this enlightening. So far it's the best way I've found for me to reconcile certain differences I find between me and others. Presently, I believe my concept of Truth and Correctness is completely different than all of my fellow humans. Each person's truth is different. This duality allows me to recognize 2 different ideals and to pick and choose which I personally agree with, while understanding that my disagreement and disdain are this other person's Truth.

So far this concept has helped me to disagree in a state of understanding. I'm still working towards personal peace, knowledge, understanding, wisdom, and perfection. I just "feel" that attributing "my" ideals of Truth or "my" understandings of correctness as "The" way will never work. I never claim to know Truth and I feel weary of others that say they know the Truth in spiritual matters, because how can any one human claim to know a specific Truth? To propagate to others, all the while asking them to give up all their preconceived experiences and understandings of their truths? This way of declaring Truth and "correcting" other people's truth is a bit egotistical. No insult intended my friend, just making an observation based on my ideas of truth. All is 100% correct and 100% wrong

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   

On the contrary, he makes absolute perfect sense. We are our thoughts. Try turning them off.

The one scene I always notice from the Matrix are the huge amount of symbols running up and down the monitor. Symbols that we are bombarded with day in and day out. Thought, noise, chaos...stillness...quiet...peace.

~Compulsive thinker~

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
CB, I don't mind your mistakes at all. What you said is wisdom. You aren't saying that we should all go around as mindless drones. What you did is stop the continual judgment of your own thoughts and everything you experience in life. We are our worst critic and it's not necessary to constantly be in a state of rambling, chaotic thought. It's good to find a quiet place and still the thoughts. You are right; all judgment comes from ego.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Life is a constant struggle, because thats how we perceive it.

If you want to know more, I suggest you start listening to Krishnamurti, eckhart tolle, adyashanti and ramana maharshi.

I don't mean to rain on anyone's parade but... life was a struggle long before Krishnamurti, eckhart tolle, adyashanti and ramana maharshi. And you know what else? Life will be a struggle long after those names are as dusty as the bones they belong to.

Humanity gets messages every day. That's every single day of every year and that has been going on since Moses was leaving skid marks on Egyptian diaper linen.

Of course, the history wasn't much affected because... we never listen to any of it! Not Jesus Christ, not Muhammad, not Buddah... none of them.

Hey, there have been... and there still are a lot of good, wise people around and if we were to stop and listen to any of them, we might actually survive to become an ancient, wise race that survived its own adolescent stupidity. But right now... at this very moment? Krishnamurti, eckhart tolle, adyashanti and ramana maharshi could be throwing down on the roof of the UN building and nobody would say a thing until after they were arrested.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
There are so many folds to the "thought" in that our ability to cope may be different between each individual. What causes one to "lose it" over another cannot be measured.

I can offer my own experience. I was moved from the moment I was born. Born on the East Coast I was moved by the time I was 3-yrs. This continued every 3-4 years until I was 11. By 14-yrs I moved out of my parents custody and into the hands of a Guardian. At 17-yrs I was graduated and out on my own 400 miles away, then I began moving every two years from city to city. Once I lived in one city for five years but moved at least five times to several apartments and then a house.

I went from job to job two fold with each city I lived in, from California to my own stay in the Military as a 24-yr-old overseas.

Each time I moved I was able to strip away parts of myself that I did not like. I was able to redefine and accept a broader range of people and thoughts. I found that I adore other cultures. I have adopted many worldly thoughts and cultures within me.

I can still remember sitting in the Black Forest in Germany resting during a Volksmarch festival as a 10-yr-old. I can remember dog sleding in Alaska as a 6-yr-old. I visited just about every State and I've visited every State Park that could be found.

My ego has a nickname, "Little Ego", a phonetic take on "Little Eagle". LOL

I am glad I did not go crazy but I do know what it is like to get 'stuck' in the past. Even if we move we find our past catching up with us. We have to face ourselves in order to get over ourselves enough to grow beyond it.

One way I have always remained partially in-sane was by always accepting that each of us is exactly where we need to be at any given moment. We are urged and guided to be where we do our best, and if we find that it isn't working then the teacher is a 'hard knock' in an attempt to lead us proper.

Some of us can tap into a higher thought pattern and "acceptance" allows it to flow freely without restrictions. Some of us cannot but each of us can realize when it flows and when it does not. Most are stuck right now.

Turning it over to a higher power enables trees to talk. They do not think like humans so they thrive at standing in one place for hundreds of years. They embrace the nesting birds and they support even the smallest plants around them. Some of my best friends are trees. I am responsible for planting hundreds of trees.

Soon is the time when people, especially younger folks, need to accept themselves and to stop lying. Take and discard all that you do not like and forgive yourself of those trespasses. Embrace only those parts that excite, that thrill, and that delight (within maturity and respect of others), and then the ego will seem less the Demon and more the beautiful object of your experiences here on Earth.

There is such a thing as a healthy ego and that is one that has a story to tell but not one that is willing to embellish and lie, but to take it all as extraordinarily unique to oneself.

The ego might be the ticket out of the Madness.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join