It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zsa Zsa Gabor husband wants to plastinate wife's body

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Zsa Zsa Gabor husband wants to plastinate wife's body

www.breitbart.com

The German husband of ailing 93-year-old Hollywood actress and socialite Zsa Zsa Gabor said he wanted preserve her body by plastination after she dies, the Bild newspaper reported on Thursday.
"My wife has always dreamt that her beauty would be immortal," Frederic von Anhalt said, "I would like to show the plastinated body of Zsa Zsa Gabor in the context of a scene in one of her films."

Von Anhalt said German anatomist Gunther von Hagens should carry out the procedure, after his controversial w
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I suppose we'll never know what Zsa Zsa thinks, because she's unconscious. But she liked attention, so maybe ...

Plus, I know in Europe the views on death and the cultural norms aren't as weird as in the United States. We don't even like to look at a dead body, so we cover it with makeup and still don't like to have the casket open in many cases.

I think it would be interesting is this was done. It would also be controversial.

www.breitbart.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

MBF

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
I guess this is like a modern day mummy. If this is what the person wishes, I see nothing wrong with it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
Someone remind him that dead bodies are hardly beautiful.

Well at least in my opinion, seeing a dead body is not beautiful.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by mother1138

What does plastinate mean? Is he going to dip her body in lucite? That would keep her looking the same for some centuries. I've often wondered why they don't do that to Lenin instead of soaking him in embalming fluid for several months every year.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Course this is from breitbart so who knows if its even true.

Dude probably said he wanted a quiet funeral and breitbart twisted it into the above.

posted on Nov, 27 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
I'm sure it's just me and that I don't quite understand the situation and reasoning, but that sounds so incredibly creepy to me. I'm a huge fan of Zsa Zsa Gabor, but...*shiver*

top topics

join