It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EPA Fines Electric Car Maker 275,000

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Our glorious totalitarian overlords at the EPA have fined the Tesla electric car company 275,000 dollars for failure to obtain a Certificate of Conformity.

Of course, one would think that a car which is incapable of emitting any emissions wouldn’t have to get a certificate of conformity certifying that it is incapable of emitting any emissions.

Not so says the criminal totalitarians at the EPA, whom must produce onerous regulations daily to justify their own existence.

Is it any wonder that no one wants to start a new business these days? Screw the global climate, the business climate is what is being attacked by the fascist/communists running our criminal bureaucracies.

They make a living off of ensuring you are poor and unemployed.

edit:

Sorry, that should have said 275,000 instead of 250,000

[edit on 2-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

yes more slaves to pay the fine! tax tax tax the "h" out of all "green" give the oil'ers a tax break that will teach the slaves to go green. want to have green car pay tax for the lost oil rev, and you can want to eat "green" pay tax for lost chem sales, then you too can have "green."

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Surprise, surprise. Whilst the criminal banksters pocket billions and bring the economy to its knees, a company which is producing something which is good for the environment is slapped with a huge, nonsensical fine and will probably be harangued out of business.

One day these vile criminals will get their just rewards, and it won't be pretty. I hope it comes very, very soon.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   

That's ridiculous, next they're gonna tell us we need to spend $50.00 for an emissions inspection if we buy this electric car.

Imagine the confused look on the guy at the auto shop when he tries to find a tailpipe to hook it up to.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
TPTB and the Oil Barons are being made nowadays to look like a bunch of childish and incompetent morons.

They went after so far Chrysler, Ford, GM, Toyota and now Tesla. All companies making an effort to move the world off of oil completely for transportation. They don't like it but they can shove it.

The Tesla, Fisker lines, Nissan's Leaf do not require emissions testing but a periodical cheque to make sure the car itself is still roadworthy is however required. Connections, electrics still need to be tested to determine safety and reliability.

The Tesla Roadster in 2008 started at $98,800 with 2011 model year cars expected to start at around $80,000 with the absolute bottom to hover somewhere between $35,000 - $45,000. 2011 Chevrolet Volt is confirmed to start at $41,500 with original estimates in ear 09 placing it at near $54,000. Tesla for 2011 will launch it's second car called the Model S a 4 door sedan that's looking squarely at the Audi A6, BMW 5 Series and Mercedes-Benz E Klasse with a $60,000 pricetag that goes on sale Summer 2011 with a third car to join the family sometime 2013. Tesla recently sold it's 10,000th Roadster.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by TheImmaculateD1]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Is'nt toyota getting with tesla to make cars starting with the rav 4.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnemeth1
Our glorious totalitarian overlords at the EPA have fined the Tesla electric car company 275,000 dollars for failure to obtain a Certificate of Conformity.

Not so says the criminal totalitarians at the EPA, whom must produce onerous regulations daily to justify their own existence.

Is it any wonder that no one wants to start a new business these days? Screw the global climate, the business climate is what is being attacked by the fascist/communists running our criminal bureaucracies.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

Between the state of Calif and the FEDS we have 1000s of these hidden regulations that someone running a small business only finds out about when they get busted for them.

I know of one machinist that runs a one man shop(himself).
One day a state EPA inspector came by to check the business and through the open door saw the owner smoking.
The owner was then cited for smoking in the workplace.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Given that Tesla is run by Elon Musk (who is an Israeli) and they've yet to produce a viable product, I doubt that anyone in the auto industry is sympathetic to them.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
It is about time the EPA started to take some action.

The situation on the ground with regards to electric car emissions has been swept under the rug for too long. Hopefully more stringent regulations and enforcement will prevent these problems from ever arising in the future.

If these greedy corporations can't obey a few simple rules, then perhaps they should take their business elsewhere. America doesn't need people like that, who let their greed affect them to the point of not obeying a few simple EPA regulations.

This sort of strict enforcement can only attract more investments. Once corporations see how we enforce all of our rules, they will see that this homeland of ours has what one calls, 'regime certainty'; where investors and businesses can feel secure by investing in the country's economy. Obama provides that, and if these electric car people cannot see that, then tough for them.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
The EPA needs to be abolished. They're a criminal organization that exploits the Amerian people and a loophole agency that attempts to use its authority to trump the Constitution, regulate and restrict rights, and enact illegal unjustified taxes to drain the public.

The EPA has been corrupted and may have been from the beginning. It needs to be dismantled just as much as the Federal Reserve.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
If you consider our corporate government as a crime family (which they are), the EPA are the muscle/collection-men for the syndicate. I've had first-hand experience dealing with them in their involvement with the home building industry. I can only imagine what it's like farther up the ladder.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Guess Tesla can use some of the taxpayer money 'loaned' to them by Obama last year to pay this fine.

Feds lend Tesla $465 million to build electric car

and yes, Toyota is working with Tesla on developing and producing electric vehicles.

Obama hails Tesla's tie-up with Toyota over electric cars

So, despite how stupid this fine is, I have a feeling this $275k won't affect them much.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
If government came before the invention of the wheel we would still be eating bugs and sleeping on cold rocks outside.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzoriaCorp
The EPA needs to be abolished.

u just might change your mind
when ur children get sick and die
from chemicals dumped into
the river supplying your drinking
water.

However, I do think they need an over-haul.
But gone altogether is worse.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

Chemicals are dumped in their now. Some of them are toxic as hell and still "EPA Approved." The EPA just provides an easy out for the folks dumping the chemicals. It's okay to poison us all as long as you pay a fine. The fine makes it alright. The EPA just like the FDA protect these killers more than they protect us.

Rather than a toxic company being shut down or burned to the ground by the people it poisons we now just get a little peeved for a period of time, the relative government body takes a bribe or 'fine', then we all go back to being poisoned.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ferris.Bueller.II
Guess Tesla can use some of the taxpayer money 'loaned' to them by Obama last year to pay this fine.

Feds lend Tesla $465 million to build electric car

and yes, Toyota is working with Tesla on developing and producing electric vehicles.

Obama hails Tesla's tie-up with Toyota over electric cars

So, despite how stupid this fine is, I have a feeling this $275k won't affect them much.

I'm hearing that there is no Toyota-Tesla deal but they were recipients of Taxpayer money in 2006 under 43 to create an all electric car.

I could see this as a targeted strike against Tesla Motors by TPTB as a way to take them down but fail to mention that now that Daimler, AG (of Mercedes-Benz, Actros, Unimog, Maybach, smart, Starling, Frieghtliner) gives Tesla a little bit of a protective shield over them.

The US EPA does not participate in that the CIA, NSA, DHS and a few others do.

EPA tried to cut the Volt off at it's legs but couldn't by trying to claim the 230mpg claim by Chevrolet/GM wasn't real.

EPA in cases like that are traditionally and typically strongarmed and forced into denying and crushing compeition for the multi trillion dollar multinational corporations of the planet and always by a force externally to the US EPA and The US Federal Government itself.

Tesla has since paid back the debt if I'm not mistaken. Reports estimate that Tesla itself is worth north of $500 Million - $1 Billion (USD).

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
Tesla has since paid back the debt if I'm not mistaken. Reports estimate that Tesla itself is worth north of $500 Million - $1 Billion (USD).

No sign of that.

US carmakers shift west, and go green

Last Updated: August 20. 2010

But technology start-ups don’t follow normal growth patterns. The recession that nearly did in Detroit has only helped Tesla and Fisker. Each has received approval for loans of around $500m from the $25bn Advanced Technology Manufacturing Loan Program announced by Congress in November 2008. Tesla will use the cash to build a new factory in California for its $50,000 (Dh 183,655) Model S; by 2012 it says it will be making 20,000 cars each year. Fisker has bought a former GM plant in Delaware and plans to build at least 100,000 of its new, $40,000 (Dh146,924) Project Nina plug-in hybrids there by the same date.

Now, if you have a reputable source saying it was paid back you wish to post, you are free to do so.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
well boo-hoo for the tesla...
the corporate lawyers will sure get called on the carpet for that snafu

of course the Fine$ will get passed on to the super affluent buyers who can afford a residence priced electric auto-roadster that has a performance class like a masarati.

the Saudi princes and government pay grades 14 & above will be about the only people to have such eco-friendly toys...
the rest of us riff-raff can detail & service these elite's vehicles.

The EPA, is not at fault for another's negligence/ignorance of the 'rules' & requirement laws.
but i do agree the EPA is a dinosaur bureaucracy with too many chiefs
but what else is new

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Houses in your neck of the woods are averaging only US$50,000?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
OMG atleast Nazis encouraged development. I miss when i was kid and was proud of america..... now it seems they encourage greed and lack of new technology

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join