It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to whittle some wood? get 5 slugs to the chest..

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
A man was fatally shot by police in downtown Seattle on Monday afternoon, according to police.

The shooting occurred on the northwest corner of Boren Ave. and E. Howell St. at approximately 4:15 p.m.

Police said an officer was on patrol when he spotted a man sitting on the sidewalk, whittling, and approached him.

The officer told the man to drop the knife several times, police said, but instead of doing so, he stood up. When the man refused to heed to his commands, the officer opened fire and hit the man.

"It was rapid succession of five or six shots, straight to the chest. It was point blank," said one witness who wished to remain anonymous

and the cop gets paid vacation for doing so.....

The SS officer Werner Best, onetime head of legal affairs in the Gestapo, summed up this policy by saying, "As long as the police carries out the will of the leadership, it is acting legally." A further law passed later in the year gave the Gestapo responsibility for setting up and administering concentration camps.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.freetalklive.com...

downtownseattle.komonews.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Either something is conveniently omitted from every single one of these "got shot to death minding my own business" stories or somebody really needs to teach the cops threat identification.

I could see if the guy with the knife got hostile or reared back or reached for the cop but just standing there refusing to drop the knife? Refusing to drop a gun, sure, go ahead and shoot because you cant escape those bullets. But a knife? Unless you're right in the guys face or he's charging at you you have plenty of room to evade or kill.

Shots fired at point blank range. So the cop was right in this guys face? Why? Is that what cops are trained to do? Get right in your face? That doesnt seem safe for anyone. The only reason I could see ever getting in anyones face is to incite an escalation of aggression. Are cops trained to escalate aggression?

[edit on 2-9-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
this is what happens when you live in a police state.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

Well of course, this is amerika. The criminal could have been on his way to hijack a few planes, causing many buildings to fall. I mean who whittles, post 911 psyops, anymore?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Why does this not surprise me at least a fraction? Power tripping psycho just decides to kill some guy. The only difference is it used to be contained to rascist cops killing black people. But most old people still think there was less crime in their day.

Add that to the trend towards a near military police force, and this is bound to happen more often.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

seattletimes.nwsource.com...

Story seems to be changing. From what I can tell, Officer Ian Birk may very well end up losing his job and being put on trial for this one.

I'm in no way prepared to join the ridiculous police bashing, however. By and large, police are upstanding public servants deserving of respect and gratitude. Occassionaly stories of the bad ones attempt to overshadow the majority of good officers out there. Of course, the same can be said about any profession. To attempt to paint all officers with a negative brush because of a few bad ones is as justifiable as major racial profiling.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
This is so absurd, it seems like every other week we hear about some officer of the law (who is supposed to be there to serve and protect) shooting and killing some person who is not at fault, or taking their actions too far. Then after it happens they don't even get a slap on the wrists to say the least, they get rewarded or they are relieved of any fault. I'm sorry but this is disgusting. I mean I know there are some good cops, but there isn't enough.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

But people who knew Williams say he couldn't hear out of one ear and wonder if that may have played a role in his failure to comply with the officer's commands.

So how do you communicate "I can't hear you" or "I'm deaf" to a cop and have the cop believe you? They dont even believe if youre in a wheelchair and missing legs that you can't walk over and kill them with ninjitsu. Or maybe it's the "force" they're all afraid of?

I had to shoot the guy. He was going to use the force to suffocate me.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Either the cop was psycho or the guy was whittling just to hide the fact he had a knife to kill the cop. We don't know.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Just a lil off topic, Is that Max Cavalera in your avatar?

On to topic... Im from Wa state and yes our police are very on edge due to all the police murders latley. Not that they should use that as an excuse but if some cop yells at me to drop my knife, Im going to drop it! Some people are just in to much shock at the blue being in their face that they just dont comply.

Mr. Policeman maybe ya should wait till he get aggresive and jumps in your face before you should shoot 5+ times!

Whatever happened to a flesh wound? I know if Ive been shot in the leg Im dropping.
Wa state needs to get past this and re train their patrol. Not everyone is oout to get them.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I think the problem is they let any PANSY, that wants one, get a badge and a gun. This man had a 3 inch blade on him. Thats not even big enought to hit vital organs. I dont think the problem is the cops themselves. Its the system set up to hire COWARDS. This is unreal.

MOTF!

edit grammar

[edit on 2-9-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
This cop killed a deaf man!!!! AND only one minute had passed before he blew him away, because he didn't hear or comply!!! VERY SAD SEATTLE, YOUR COPS SUCK!

Read the witness report:
One witness who contacted The Seattle Times has questioned the department's version

Maurina said a tall, scruffy-looking man was standing with his back to her. She said she never saw the man's hands but thought he might be urinating or fumbling around in a fanny pack. Maurina said she watched the officer approach the man and saw him mouthing something to the man, who did not appear to respond.

"His body stance did not look threatening at all," she said of the man. "I could only see the gentleman's back, and he didn't look aggressive at all. He didn't even look up at the officer."

The officer approached the man, but was still "at least two car-lengths" away, Maurina said, when she heard the officer say, "Hey, hey, hey," followed by gunshots.

"I watched him kind of slowly, sort of gracefully and elegantly, fall to the ground," Maurina said of the man. "From what I saw, it did not look right."

Diaz said Tuesday that police are asking that other witnesses come forward.

snip from the video above...
Then these bully cops bust his best friend for reaching in his Pocket to scratch his balls? WTF???

They where hovering him like vultures... waiting for one little slip up.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopingthebest
Just a lil off topic, Is that Max Cavalera in your avatar?

yeah its max....heres to the most high..soulfly

On to topic... Im from Wa state and yes our police are very on edge due to all the police murders latley. Not that they should use that as an excuse but if some cop yells at me to drop my knife, Im going to drop it! Some people are just in to much shock at the blue being in their face that they just dont comply.

Mr. Policeman maybe ya should wait till he get aggresive and jumps in your face before you should shoot 5+ times!

Whatever happened to a flesh wound? I know if Ive been shot in the leg Im dropping.
Wa state needs to get past this and re train their patrol. Not everyone is oout to get them.

my biggest fear is that a german nazi type Gestapo will be created here in america in the near future. if you dont know what the Gestapo is or what their job was look it up. they was the official secret police of nazi germany and torture was their cup of tea. the more i see these cop shows on tv and the "locked up" shows the more i believe its coming. they are starting to actually show people being tortured in prison by these Gestapo type guards on prime time television. very scary stuff.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Funkydung]

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Funkydung]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Effing great. I whittle.

Now I have to put that on the list of reasons to be shot by the police?

Freaking wonderful! One of my few pastimes that don't involve looking over my shoulder for flashing lights and I gotta worry about that now?

If I cut myself just because I am paying more attention looking for cops than the piece in my hand, that's gonna tick me off.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Seriously. This is getting surreal.

From the link posted previously:

Metz said about a minute passed between the time Birk saw Williams crossing the street and the time the fatal shots were fired.

If I am a law abiding citizen, minding my own business, pursuing my lawful hobby, it would very likely take me at least one minute to even realize that the officer was addressing me, even more time might be needed to comply with whatever he was ordering me to do if I am caught off guard.

I can't honestly say that I would even immediately comply once I understood. You see I am one of those naive citizens who feels things need to make sense and rights need to be upheld. Come to think of it, I'll probably end up dead some day just because I paused with incredulity during an absurd encounter with an LEO.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   
could he have been on a street corner in a downtown section of seattle, or was he in his own yard? If he had a knife out on a street corner downtown, someone might have called the police because of the knife; you dont know when someone will snap and slash the throat of a passerby. There is definitely more to this story

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
could he have been on a street corner in a downtown section of seattle, or was he in his own yard? If he had a knife out on a street corner downtown, someone might have called the police because of the knife; you dont know when someone will snap and slash the throat of a passerby. There is definitely more to this story
Does that count for a steak knife in a restaurant?

You also don't know when a person is going to start slashing throats in a restaurant.

Because a serrated edged, 6 inch blade on a steak knife in a restaurant full of people would count for much more of a threat than the 3 inch blade that this deaf man was 'threatening' a small piece of wood with at a bus stop.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by butcherguy]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Everybody should call the cops with tips like "there's a man here at the restaurant with a knife!"

Do it every chance we get. Bog the cops down with the stupidity of imbeciles and paranoia of stoned sheep.

Any one of those diners could snap at any minute. We just cant take that chance. Think of the children.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
So sitting around whittling is cause for the coppers to come talk to you? Is it a crime to deface a stick? What was this guy doing that the moron cop thought was illegal?

I'm a law abiding citizen but I still avoid police whenever I can. There may be 1 bad cop out of ever 100 but knowing my luck I'll run into that 1 bad cop so I don't trust any of them.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'm making a call for the Northwest Wood Carvers Association to hold a protest at the corner of Boren Ave. and E. Howell St. in response to this crime.

www.woodcarvers.org...

Seriously, it sounds like this cop went off the deep end and I hope he is punished accordingly. That being said, why not simply put the knife down and show the cop that he was not a threat. Standing up and continuing to wield the knife wasn't the smartest thing to do.

I suppose the cops taser was just a little too inconvenient to grab in such a heated, rapidly escalating situation.

ETA:

Originally posted by janon
There may be 1 bad cop out of ever 100 but knowing my luck I'll run into that 1 bad cop so I don't trust any of them.

That's my philosophy too... "if you can't trust 1 of them, then you can't trust any of them"

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Aggie Man]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join