It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for the FEARLESS.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
I would not sell out the humans. I would shoot a missile into the alien deathstar just like shooting wamprats in my t-16 back home. wait, I'm not Luke Skywalker.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That question has been asked about real slaves working on plantations in the Old South, for example, or people living in societies like Nazi Germany.

Why didn't they resist more? Why didn't they revolt or run away. Of course, SOME people did all these things, at very great risk--heroic risk under the circumstances. Most did not. They just went along and got along like most people do, since most people are merely average or below average rather than exceptional.

In situations like these, any act of opposition entails the serious risk of death or severe physical pain, not just for one's self but also friends and family members. No, the majority of people simply aren't going to risk everything like that to take a stand on principle, not in any historical situation that I'm familiar with.

As for myself, I don't know. When I was younger and more energetic, I might have been more rebellious, but over time, we all make our compromises. On the other hand, I'm also smarter than I was then and if I rebelled or joined the opposition, I might do it in a more clever way, like try to infiltrate the other side to work against them from within as best I could.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by witness63]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Personally I wouldn't sell out anyone to save myself. My life isn't worth saving if it means others will die.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Polite Mod Request

Hi People,

Lets please keep this focussed on the topic and not eachother.

If there is any off-topic discussion or clarification to be had - then please conduct that via u2us...and again in an cordial fashion.

Thank you.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
What good would life be living as a "sucker slave"?

Is there really an option here?

Not for me. Hell no. Butch and Sundance v Federalies... Indian dude v Predator on the log. McCain v..... (nevermind... you get the idea)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
To be honest, I think one would be hard-pressed to find a man/woman/child who would sell out the human race to an invasion force.

I'd fight em to the death, and die honorably (or horribly), If my death could prevent the needless torture and deaths of even 1 or 2 other people, my life would not have been in vain.

Originally posted by leira7
I may be a Sith Lord, but I do have a heart, and believe whole heartedly in The Equality that only pure Love can bring. If we, as a species, cannot save The World from ourselves, then we ALL deserve to go to hell and/or become extinct.

You are NO sith lord. Unless just a very terrible one.

Everyone knows that the dark side is fuelled by dark emotions... And Sith Lords are trained from discovery to use these powers, as the powers that the Jedi use are WEAK.

Hate > Love

The Emperor would not be pleased with you. Not at all.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by jephers0n]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
My answer is no as well.

I too, will die fighting for the lives of my loved ones, and my home.
The human race, and the planet earth are my only true home.

So Aliens, if you want me and my family, come and try.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by witness63

Yea, and you infiltrate their ranks, and then one of them reads your mind with their mind or a tool and your busted.

Then what?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I already had an opportunity to leave earth and join a military force of humanity,I chose to stay with my family,but I wanted to go,the reason is basic humanities survival,every soldier on earth with fight in their soul would be lining up to fight for humanity at the drop of a hat.The choice to stay or go had nothing to do with fear---everything to do with LOVE.

If there were a mass global evacuation attempt,of say,humans with tracking devices implanted in them,that would be kidnapping,no lack of fearlessness there.

If "some"of us were given a chance to live while others die,well that would also have absolutely nothing to do with fear,it has everything to do with NOBILITY.The noble must carry the torch or fight to defend it,but life must never be surrendered without purchase.No fear,there just humility.

In the face of impending death,not in the moment,but in the face of the moment WE RARELY THINK OF FEAR OR AKNOWLEDGE IT,BECAUSE WE ARE NOT FEELING IT ,WE ARE FEELING ---EXTREME CLARITY--- a trained warrior can "feel"this clarity milliseconds before a firefight or an engagement,so can cowards.Cowards are rarely fearfull,they are selfish.

Fear is a funny thing sometimes,where do you really put it?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
My question is very simple. Would you sell out the human race to be a sucker slave in a society that is majority non humans (knowing humans are being tortured, experimented on made into food) .

No, I wouldnt. Its the reason I dropped out of business school in my senior year and changed to philosophy.

You dont have to wait for aliens to come along and offer us a devils bargain to sell your fellow human out. We have that going on all over the planet right now. Humans are being killed, tortured, experimented on, right now. And people in the first world are the cause of that, and the facilitators of that, and are engaged in every way in making that happen.

Why I choose not to participate in the selling out of humanity is because I am just not that selfish in the basest way. (materially speaking) And I am incredibly selfish in the more enlightened way. (Philosophically speaking) I value my own emotional and intellectual and spiritual well being over everything including my own life. It just isnt worth it to me to lead a longer life in years if I have to become something I find repulsive to do so.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Simply, those with families would say no as selling out your own family is impossible unless you have no love for them and those on their own probably would say yes as self preservation is a natural instinct.

Technically, better the devil you know comes to mind...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ophiuchus 13
My question is very simple. Would you sell out the human race to be a sucker slave in a society that is majority non humans (knowing humans are being tortured, experimented on made into food) . Just so that you can feel good about living? Just you your family would have to be able to sell out otherwise your new masters are your family... I think some would be very quiet with the secrets that would atleast give the human species a fighting chance just like today. But would you.

If YES then why?

If NO then why?

[edit on 9/2/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

I assume you are referring to TPTB? Well if this is the case and it could very well be it may be that these people are under some form of mind control. Perhaps not so much unlike what the CIA has done with mkultra and psyops. So imagine how easy it would be to control us from an alien stand point? We train animals to behave like us such as play fetch. I even seen a cat use a toilet on youtube. The cat does not know what is going on it is just following the pattern it is learned.

Then there is speculation that the people being controlled are not even human or are part human. Being the hybrids we have been hearing about from abducteees and contactees. Indoctrinating the alien genome in to ours to create a obedient slave race. Like when we breed certain dogs with other breeds to get the kind of dog we want. Say a Pit Bulls strength with the intelligence of a German Shepherd. A more obedient breed with results.

If i knew they wanted me as a meal i certainly would resist knowing. Im sure anyone with a human soul and conscious would not aid some species of malevolent aliens in to eating his children and family. That is why we have seen such diversity between the sheep and the people standing up and fighting all the tyranny taking place. We are divided as a species. Divide the herds.

It could be some malevolent ET met some militarry commander on a military base in new Mexico in the 1940's and said, "hey we will kill you all and blow up earth if you resist us, so how about you give us what we want and some of you will live" 'or remain free to a point. So TPTB decides build a underground base and wait it out while dinner is being served? I guess take the lesser of two evils? The aliens leave and we repopulate earth farm until the next slaughter. Slavery whatever the case may be. To TPTB the preservation of the continuity of our species is the only choice they see being the logical of the two facing extinction.

The Apache fought the colonialists to the end. They thought it was the right thing to do, only to lose an entire culture and losing land settling for some crappy reservation in the end.

I suspect it is not just human greed and lust for power but something more sinister behind it.

I know something is not right and something bad this way comes. Just a gut feeling.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

umm no. Im loyal to the Human race. Why would I want to sell out my people for? Thats something someone with low self esteem and no life would do.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by CheapShotArtist]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
its very easy to boast " i will be brave and fight to the death " , while sitting at you keynoard in total saftey

like any situation of such magnituted , there will be heroes and traitors in thier droves

the " best " analogy to illustrate this is the saga of resistance to / collaboration with the nazi occupations of european countries

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:02 AM
link   

A resounding NO sir.
Simply put I could never live with myself if I sold my species out . My Grandfathers fought opression in WW2 specificaly to prevent the enslavement of the world under the yoke of Nazi germany, and I take my ancestors and thier sacrifices very seriously. I am the product of a warrior clan of Guardians and protectors which goes back hundreds of years, and I could never turn my back on that, even if the price of non compliance was the life of my family and myself.
I would soak myself in the blood of the opressor or die trying. That is the way I have walked,and will always walk.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

I would rather destroy everything than to sell human race into slavery.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   
Being suicidal never achieved anything.
I'd pretend to comply, and subvert the system in any way I could.
Living "martyrs" are better than dead "martyrs" - at least most of the time.

Oops, the aliens will have read this, so there goes my little ruse.
I guess it's the anti-alien resistance for me now.

(PS. I'd prefer the English speaking, vegetarian, agnostic resistance.
If there's one thing I hate more than a darn alien it's the French speaking, Catholic vegan resistance. They really think the sun shines out of their ...
). I can just imagine them screeching, "Blow up the mothership, blow up the mothership". Well, duh, if we blew the darn thing up, how would the aliens ever leave when we kick their butts out?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by halfoldman]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

I would hope not. But you never know if the Annuz. may show up with Anu.
2nd

[edit on 9/3/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior

I wouldn't sell out others to save me, if these aliens are so "enlightening" maybe its their form of a test? thats probably how i would look at it.

(edit for...poor choice of words?)
You say test as in seeing if you would sell out your own race how can any other race feel you wouldnt do the same to them as well, GOOD OBSERVATION.
Would be a good test Universally.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join