It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

breaking: suspicious car in NYC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
52nd and Park Ave - my friend just was let out of work because of a mercedes which was left on the side of the road with a suspicious bag left next to it. lots of police activity. - haven't seen anything on the internet abou tit yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
sorry - in my haste i posted this iin the wrong section. mods please do your thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tonypazzo

Wow, you're fast. CNN is just now airing it live as "Just In".
It being a Mercedes on Park Avenue soesn't seem suspicious, so I guess just the bag next to it is?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

haha - my friend is working over there - they made an announcement and she was the first to go.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
More on this here...

www.nbcnewyork.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
We can only hope this isn't anything!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:12 PM
link   
haha, why would someone leave there bomb in a car. bombs are made to explode. and in a expensive car to boot

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Lol... police say it seemed weighed down, that there was blood on the window...

But, the police say there is nothing suspicious...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

Car bombs my friend - terrorists love them - expensive cars may be more of a diversion, less obvious. They set them to go off when they want.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
haha, why would someone leave there bomb in a car. bombs are made to explode. and in a expensive car to boot

I'm sure when it comes to killing people, bombers don't care what car their bomb is in. Just look at the insane amounts of car bombs in the past.

It looks like the all clear has been sounded. I'm still kind of curious about the blood found on it. Why did it appear weighed down?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

what? have you been living under a rock.

To create fear and panic in america. to invoke Terror in peoples everyday lives.
A bomb in a car, outside someones work in a busy city. it could be any car, any city. your city. the car you just walked past could suddenly explode. That is the fear that people try to create. that is the pupose of terrorism

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
The speed of news delivery here is absolutely amazing! Thanks tonypazzo.

The link posted by freetree64 says "All clear" but mentions they are still examining. Didn't mention anything about the trunk and the picture doesn't show it open.

camaro68ss, a Mercedes in that area fits in a lot better than a junker car sitting there all day.

join