It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

this is great. greater than the much hyped "ufo disclosures". why can't we just set back and see this whole thing unfolds? religion has really had a lot of explaining how we miss the real score and mess up the world were in right now.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by metalholic

you dont have to prove nothing b/c you CANT you ask me to prove b/c i CAN...yet your right and i'm wrong..

it ends here! good day!

You're right, I can't. I never said I could. You, on the other hand, claimed to be able to prove it, and failed miserably.

Im not out here preaching about the existence of God, you're out here preaching about your god - Stephen Hawking.

About the only fact in this entire thread, so far, is that Stephen Hawking exists....other than that, and a strongly growing opinion that Hawking is an idiot, this whole thing has been a sham full of fanboys showing their praise.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Parallex

There you go - dancing around the argument again. Are you afraid, or just unable to realize?

Hawkings theories on gravity, as it is outlined in this thread, were that gravity is the reason for life.

I say prove it

And you fanboys say "GRAVITY! ITS A FACT! HAWKING WAS RIGHT"

I never said gravity didn't exist. I said prove that gravity is the reason life exists.

Do I need to write it on a cracker & feed it to you?

You have got to hand it to the religiously fanatical folks, they ARE persistent and consistent with their arguments....

You're insulting Hawking because he has a theory, that is at odds with your fundamentalist belief about God being the creator. That's your gripe, pure and simple.

It's a THEORY. He's not saying you're wrong, he's just saying you're PROBABLY wrong - which I should imagine you get alot yes? Being so touchy about it and all...

And I do fancy a cracker - I'm starving. I hope Kurt Cobain gets off me first....

Parallex.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

alot of truth here..but people are alowed to have opinions with in time if facts support thos opinions become theories!

Yes. Opinions are great. But when you try passing those opinions off as absolute truth, then you go onto my problem with Stephen Hawking and his fan boys.

link   

I agree with you there. But if you want me to I can PM you or post on here other information then just him, there are tons others out there that show flaws in the standard model. I agree with you that you cannot say god did it, that is just stupid. But you have to agree that physics is still in the infant stage. there are tons of intelligent thinkers of the 20th century who said we are in the dark years of physics. Making up mathematical theories instead of observational. String theories, Quantum loop gravity. Are all just math..nothing else. You can use math to show how dragons fly (as sirnex once said) and it is true. Just becasue it is in the math does not make it real.

link   

Double Post.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Maddogkull]

link   

reply to post by Spiro

You speak like you have never studied any of his work.

You speak like you know for FACT that people think he is brilliant because of his disabilty.

I would, however, like to know were you get this assumption from?

Be safe and be well,

Gladly.

Lets look at the heart of Hawking. He talks in absolute fact. He speaks as though he knows. He provides no proof, but we are to take him at his word, simply because he said so.

Now, you take that same philosophy and put it in the body of a normal guy, and you have people chastise him for it. Take a look at this thread. You're all ridiculing me for criticizing your idol and calling for him to actually show some sort of reasoning for his theory, other than "because i said so"

Im speaking with absolution as well...Hawking *IS* an idiot.

Hawking discredits the existence of God as "Far fetched" and "Man made"

Really?

The IDEAS of more than 3 dimensions are man made and far fetched. The IDEAS of invisible strings is far fetched & man made.

Hawking is replacing God with God....and you're all idolizing him for it.

And in closing

Just because someone "asks questions" doesn't make them smart & worthy of your time. Any moron can set around and ask questions.

how do you know he speaks as though he knows he has a computer voice and i dont know if your aware of this but computers dont have emotions! and the guy cant really show any facial expressions..so maybe you need to lay off the guy...anyone who pulls the people only listen to him b/c hes crippled has no idea what there talking about..or that wouldnt be one of the first things out of there mouth

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Spiro

You speak like you have never studied any of his work.

You speak like you know for FACT that people think he is brilliant because of his disabilty.

I would, however, like to know were you get this assumption from?

Be safe and be well,

Gladly.

Lets look at the heart of Hawking. He talks in absolute fact. He speaks as though he knows. He provides no proof, but we are to take him at his word, simply because he said so.

Now, you take that same philosophy and put it in the body of a normal guy, and you have people chastise him for it. Take a look at this thread. You're all ridiculing me for criticizing your idol and calling for him to actually show some sort of reasoning for his theory, other than "because i said so"

Im speaking with absolution as well...Hawking *IS* an idiot.

Hawking discredits the existence of God as "Far fetched" and "Man made"

Really?

The IDEAS of more than 3 dimensions are man made and far fetched. The IDEAS of invisible strings is far fetched & man made.

Hawking is replacing God with God....and you're all idolizing him for it.

And in closing

Just because someone "asks questions" doesn't make them smart & worthy of your time. Any moron can set around and ask questions.

how do you know he speaks as though he knows he has a computer voice and i dont know if your aware of this but computers dont have emotions! and the guy cant really show any facial expressions..so maybe you need to lay off the guy...anyone who pulls the people only listen to him b/c hes crippled has no idea what there talking about..or that wouldnt be one of the first things out of there mouth

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

An extremely kind offer - if you would U2U me a link or two that would be very kind of you.

Thank you for seeing through my playful jabs at Snarf enough to see that we share the same view.

Parallex.

link   

You're insulting Hawking because he has a theory, that is at odds with your fundamentalist belief about God being the creator. That's your gripe, pure and simple.

No. Im not intending to insult anyone. I disagree, very strongly, with Hawking because Hawking speaks in terms of absolution. HE knows how the universe was created. HE knows the secrets. HE knows how things are done, and WE are all suckers, in his eyes.

But people look past that because he's a cripple. It's pathetic.

Im at odds with his fan boys because THEY worship him like a god, and THEY are not willing to listen to reason.

Also, this thread isn't about what I believe or don't believe. This thread is about Stephen Hawking.

Care to discuss that, or are you going to continue on with your hilarious antics of avoiding the topic at hand?

link   
and for the record who cares who my god is maybe i dont have one and maybe i do..and for the record..hawking has jus theories!

and it takes a brain to ask intelligent questions morons are incompetent!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   

So...the computer speaks for him? The computer implies its own thoughts? Or does hawking still get to choose the words for himself and send them onto the voice synthesizer?

Because if the latter still remains fact, then he's either an arrogant idiot, or he is the worst person int he world at putting together a tangible sentence that conveys his thoughts.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   

you dont have to prove nothing b/c you CANT you ask me to prove b/c i CAN...yet your right and i'm wrong..

it ends here! good day!

You're right, I can't. I never said I could. You, on the other hand, claimed to be able to prove it, and failed miserably.

Im not out here preaching about the existence of God, you're out here preaching about your god - Stephen Hawking.

About the only fact in this entire thread, so far, is that Stephen Hawking exists....other than that, and a strongly growing opinion that Hawking is an idiot, this whole thing has been a sham full of fanboys showing their praise.

give me your OPINION on how i failed miserably!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

prove he said what he said with no matter of doubt that he was correct!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

and it takes a brain to ask intelligent questions morons are incompetent!

Actually, even morons have a brain, otherwise they'd be dead.

It does take a keen intellect to ask INTELLIGENT questions. But Hawking doesn't ask those.

He asks redundant questions that have no answer, then he makes statements of absolution because he "knows all".

From his asinine statements of "If the universe is infinite, so must be the possibilities"

To his retarded theory on why aliens have never visited Earth, because if they did, they'd be here to kill us all.

He's an idiot.

Im sorry that he won't allow you to see it that way.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   

Care to discuss that, or are you going to continue on with your hilarious antics of avoiding the topic at hand?

Ok, to establish the debate properly - do you, or do you not believe that our interpretation of reality was created by God?

If yes - there's no point in going any further, as someone who practices 'faith' or a religion is empirically stunted and incapable of impartial modern science.

If no - Hypocrite. Haha. Why the beef with Hawking's arrogance? As long as he maintains scientific rigour, his personality is irrelevant.

Parallex.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Parallex]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

sorry but your just a hater! thats all you are an ever will be! what is a hater?

a hater is someone who is so jealous/envious or even angry that someone has the ability or abilities to do what they do no matter the scenario in question!

you mad that a guy of hawkings caliber gets all the attention he gets b/c you think you know better or more maybey you dont maybe you think you should get that attention just to say hey we dont know never will know so lets live in a boring world where we just stick to what we know and dont try to understand we dont...

you take your hatin arse the other direction no more replies in this thread in your direction! good day!

link   

He's an idiot.

Im sorry that he won't allow you to see it that way.

I think calling the man an idiot is a bit much, even if you seriously disagree with what he says.

Stephen Hawking has an IQ that is generally accepted as being above 160, and in some instances speculated to be even much higher.

Clearly not an idiot by anyones standard's.

link   
So what IS spontaneous creation?

I don't have concept of a man like God who MAKES things.

To me, spontaneous creation only means that God does not have to do work to create.

"Let there be"

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

He's an idiot.

Please excuse my interjection here, but uh, I'm pretty sure the guy has some solid education and extensive experience in his field. Just because he says some outlandish stuff from time to time does not make him an idiot. Pretty sure some religious figures have said some supremely retarded things, and people still follow them around like lost puppies. You disagree with him, we get that. You object to some perceived adulation, we get that too. However making statements like "He's an idiot" only reveals a crude understanding of what the guy actually does besides say silly things.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Gigatronix]

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join