It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stephen Hawking: God didn't create universe

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The Hawkins can tell him that in person when he departs for the next stage of his existence in a few months time.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
While that is true, Hawkings still uses the Big Bang Theory in reference as Fact.

It's not fact, it's a theory.
And I doubt it's true either.

My new favorite theory about the big bang is that our universe is what happens on the other side of a super massive black hole.

New Theory: Universe Was Born in a Black Hole

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Snarf
reply to post by Parallex

There's no jealousy at all. I just think Stephen Hawking is an idiot. He's never proposed one single theory that I find credible in the slightest.

You clearly haven't heard of Hawking radiation.

You know the radiation coming from black holes due to the black hole actually having a temperature above absolute zero?

(Even though the temperature is due to the mass of the black hole)

Come on seriously?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by notfallingdown

so ur saying the dense ball of energy that was before the explosion that all the energy supposively came from couldnt be a star?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by metalholic
reply to post by notfallingdown

so ur saying the dense ball of energy that was before the explosion that all the energy supposively came from couldnt be a star?

Pretty much, yeah.

It was supposed to come from the many primordial black holes that formed into one supermassive black hole.

Not a single star as far as I am concerned.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

well since pretty much everything that exists is given off when a star explodes and the star is made up of everything that came out of the big bang then the dense ball of energy that a big bang would come from would have to be a star!

no other way around it!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Text Black
The obvious, 'begging-the-question' response is---- what came before? As humans, the concept of 'nothing' is mindboggling...let alone, in the context of universe creation. Having studied quite a bit of Hawking's works, I personally feel his theories and general logic have gradually declined over the past 5-10 years. Science is meant to deal with the HOW- not the 'WHY'.
PS: OH YEAH!!! I caught the Higgs boson in a jar!!! Don't worry, I poked holes in the lid

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   

well since pretty much everything that exists is given off when a star explodes and the star is made up of everything that came out of the big bang then the dense ball of energy that a big bang would come from would have to be a star!

no other way around it!

No that is wrong.

Every other element other than hydrogen, was created from the heart of the star where nuclear fusion occurs.

The big bang doesn't have to be from a star.

It is most likely created from the end of a black hole.(i.e. the explosion of a singularity.)

SO there are a lot of ways around it.

And just for future notices the big bang was actually a singularity.(It is regarded as a singularity because it was infinitely dense and infinitely small.)

And I am using the term singularity very loosely.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Gentill Abdulla]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Confusion42

Originally posted by 547000
I've experienced greater things than these.

Do tell what were these experiences like

And how these experiences, which made you feel good, were not a result of neuro-transmitters...

I re experienced the sensations of the crucifixion and invisible stigmata. Neither of these things were comforting at the time. They just were.

Since reality is constructed in the mind you might just be a brain in a vat, imagining all this. How do you know this reality isn't caused by pulses in neurotransmitters?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

no other way around it!

No that is wrong.

Every other element other than hydrogen, was created from the heart of the star where nuclear fusion occurs.

It is most likely created from the end of a black hole.(i.e. the explosion of a singularity.)

And just for future notices the big bang was actually a singularity.(It is regarded as a singularity because it was infinitely dense and infinitely small.)

again no other way around it! the universe does not rotate therefore there is no giant black hole at the center of our universe but every galaxy has a blackhole that causes it to rotate!

multiple big bangs...not a single big bang...the dense ball was a star! and yes hyrdrogen do come from stars!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gentill Abdulla

no other way around it!

No that is wrong.

again no other way around it! the universe does not rotate therefore there is no giant black hole at the center of our universe but every galaxy has a black hole that causes it to rotate!

multiple big bangs...not a single big bang...the dense ball was a star! and yes hyrdrogen do come from stars!

Have you READ my post?

Hydrogen MAKES STARS NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!!!!!!!!

Here is a description of nuclear fusion all the way through black holes from me......

A black hole is one of the 3 major events that occur when a stars nuclear furnace cannot continue to produce nuclear fusion.

It has to begin with the life of a star to make this understandable.

When a star is born it is due to the collections of rotating hydrogen gasses around a center of local gravity.(The local center of gravity is center of gravity for a group of objects with mass.)

Anyway when these objects go toward the center of local gravity, which is caused by the mass itself because mass bends spacetime, they warp the spacetime around it.

This creates more and more gravity toward the local point of gravity.

To understand this think of it like 5 spherical objects in close proximity to each other.The objects are on a rubber sheet. There is a point where all 5 objects tend to go to due to their own bend in the rubber sheet.When they get there they create a bigger bend.
(i.e the increasing warping of the rubber sheet, spacetime, creating gravity.)

As the hydrogen gets closer the center of gravity it creates more gravity then the hydrogen molecules start to collide. When they collide they create helium, this process also creates excessive amounts of heat and cause the explosions that make the star so hot. This is called nuclear fusion.

The size of the star is always dependent on the amount of hydrogen there is.This is because the star created from the hydrogen is being compressed by gravity.(i.e. its own bend in spacetime.) This as I mentioned above starts the process of nuclear fusion, and is strictly dependent on how much hydrogen there is.

Now the star is at balance from the nuclear furnace that creates the outward explosion that makes the star so hot and the gravity created by its own bend in spacetime for most of its life. But the star has a limited amount of hydrogen in it.If it's a massive star then it burns all the hydrogen very quickly and dies when its "young".(Relative to star ages that is.)

But before the star runs out of hydrogen it fuses other elements in its core. It is only when the star tries to fuse the iron in its core that the star undergoes what is called a supernova.

A supernova is the ejection of mass caused by the death of the star. Most of the mass from the original star is lost during this process.

Now onto the black hole.

There are 3 major things a star can become after it's nuclear furnace has cooled down.

The first one is a white dwarf. Our very own sun will become a white dwarf when it's furnace stops.

Here is a source going into more detail about them.
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

The second is what happens when a star has about 2.6 solar masses after it has undergone the ejection during a supernova. It is called a neutron star. Here is a source for them also.
imagine.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Then the final major stage is a black hole.

A black hole is created when a star has mass greater than 3.2 solar masses after the supernova has occurred.

It is when gravity has enough bend created to compress an object past it's own Schwarzchild radius.The compression of the star causes the star, when it's nuclear furnace cools down, to compress infinitely. This literally TEARS THE FABRIC OF SPACETIME. It also creates a SINGULARITY. A black hole comes equipped with an event horizon and a singularity.(Located inside the event horizon.)

The singularity is the point where gravitational pull is literally INFINITE. The event horizon is the horizon that once you pass you will need a speed faster than light to get out of.

While black holes feed they have an accretion disk. This disk sends matter towards the singularity. It is possible to escape from these disks but not from the event horizon.

Sometimes a feeding black hole has jets coming out of it. These jets are caused by the singularity not being able to take in all the mass at that time.(All happening outside the event horizon by the way.)This does not mean that a black hole has a limit to how much mass it can take. It means that there is a limit to how much mass it can take at once.

This is similar to a bucket. Though there isn't a limit to how much water it can take. There is a limit to how much water it can take at once.

You get it NOW?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Why God did not create the Universe

I find that Stephen Hawking is in total denial of God's word regarding the creation of the universe. Was it just made out of stardust from scratch?

We find that hard to believe...

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   

here is what wikipedia said....

For at least a portion of its life, a star shines due to thermonuclear fusion of hydrogen in its core releasing energy that traverses the star's interior and then radiates into outer space. Almost all naturally occurring elements heavier than helium were created by stars, either via stellar nucleosynthesis during their lifetimes or by supernova nucleosynthesis when stars explode. Astronomers can determine the mass, age, chemical composition and many other properties of a star by observing its spectrum, luminosity and motion through space. The total mass of a star is the principal determinant in its evolution and eventual fate. Other characteristics of a star are determined by its evolutionary history, including diameter, rotation, movement and temperature. A plot of the temperature of many stars against their luminosities, known as a Hertzsprung-Russell diagram (H–R diagram), allows the age and evolutionary state of a star to be determined.

A star begins as a collapsing cloud of material composed primarily of hydrogen, along with helium and trace amounts of heavier elements. Once the stellar core is sufficiently dense, some of the hydrogen is steadily converted into helium through the process of nuclear fusion.[1] The remainder of the star's interior carries energy away from the core through a combination of radiative and convective processes. The star's internal pressure prevents it from collapsing further under its own gravity. Once the hydrogen fuel at the core is exhausted, those stars having at least 0.4 times the mass of the Sun[2] expand to become a red giant, in some cases fusing heavier elements at the core or in shells around the core. The star then evolves into a degenerate form, recycling a portion of the matter into the interstellar environment, where it will form a new generation of stars with a higher proportion of heavy elements.

but the point is we dont know that we know! so actually i could be right or i could be wrong...just b/c a star that we know of might not create hydrogen does not mean that a star in the beginning could nto release hydrogen!

what we do know is stars are the beginning and black holes are the end!

sorry but what u say is nto written in stone to think so is naieve

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
The star then evolves into a degenerate form, recycling a portion of the matter into the interstellar environment, where it will form a new generation of stars with a higher proportion of heavy elements. reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   
dp

[edit on 4-9-2010 by 11118]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
"It was from my perspective that everything in every degree of the creation has a pure vibration. The first product of that vibration is what a quantum physicist would coin as the photon or particle of light.

This vibration which is, in other words pure motion is pure Love. It is nothing that is condensed to form any physicality. This Love then creates by the process of pure motion/vibration the photon, which is the basic particle of light. The photon(s) then, with the added vibrations and rotation, further condenses into particles of the physicality that is currently being experienced.

Thus, from my perspective the essence of all that exists is this pure motion or vibration termed Love which emanates from the oneness and expresses itself as light to create the illusions or distortions in infinitum.

Therefor in truth, Love is the Creator/Creation and there cannot be anything other than the Creator meaning that each of us are the Creator, "God", the Alpha and the Omega, whatever you want to call it all being the essence of the pure and Infinite unified motion of Love which is intelligent and very much aware. Everything, every word, every sound, every thought, every emotion, every feeling, every particle both observable and non observable, every boundless dimension, is the Creator. There is no separate being pulling strings.

Something that exists cannot become non-existent.

Something that exists is of existence, it cannot be other than, and there cannot be an idea of it not existing - for that idea exists, and is not a part of non existence.

Everything that you can think of is existing simultaneously, and from a linear time line has happened, is happening, or will be happening - but, in truth because time is not existent in the bigger picture it is happening in the eternal now."

--------------------------------------------------------------

This is a previous post.

I explained in the most basic/substratal words that I could.

The truth is my friends is that the Creator is everything, it is the Creation there absolute no separateness.

Separateness is an illusion, your incarnation is chosen by you for what it has to offer you - as a unique portion of the Creator - in learning.

Forgetting is a foundation to the incarnation, for if there were not any potential for misunderstanding there would not be proper experience/learning.

Your were not forced to be here brothers and sisters - you chose to be here. You ARE the Creator.

The present moment is truly all that exists; the past is a dream, and the future is a vision both are dictated by the present moment which contains all simultaneously, the present moment contains Love for that is what the present moment is.

Namaste Brothers and Sisters. Wake-up, you are NOT powerless; you are all knowing, all perfect, and all powerful. Wake-up from the dream you chose to participate in - try to remember.

Namaste; salutations.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   

but the point is we dont know that we know! so actually i could be right or i could be wrong...just b/c a star that we know of might not create hydrogen does not mean that a star in the beginning could nto release hydrogen!

what we do know is stars are the beginning and black holes are the end!

sorry but what u say is nto written in stone to think so is naieve

Hydrogen was, most likely, the first element made at all.

It was made through the combination of 1 proton, 1 electron.

And do you know why all other elements that have a weight more than helium have probably been created by stars?

Hint I explain it when I say what the output of 4 hydrogen particles is....

HELIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Helium is made from hydrogen hence hydrogen was made BEFORE stars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:09 AM
link   

The star then evolves into a degenerate form, recycling a portion of the matter into the interstellar environment, where it will form a new generation of stars with a higher proportion of heavy elements. reply to post by Gentill Abdulla

I.E. SUPERNOVA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Come on!!!!

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   

ok so tell the world what the dense ball of energy was! what is the technical term for it?

well seeing as how hydrogen is the only thing IN YOUR PERCEPTION that separates it from a star...and in MY PERCEPTION jus b/c what we think we know is what we currently know does NOT mean that the dense energy in the beginning could not be a star!

if each black hole is the creation of a super nova and there are galaxies rotating with these black holes then this means there were multiple big bangs and if these multiple big bangs left BLACK HOLES that each galaxy rotates!

and everything within the galaxy was RELEASED in a SUPER NOVA on grander scale "big Bangs" then the dense energy was in fact STARS!

comprehendae?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

ok so tell the world what the dense ball of energy was! what is the technical term for it?

well seeing as how hydrogen is the only thing IN YOUR PERCEPTION that separates it from a star...and in MY PERCEPTION jus b/c what we think we know is what we currently know does NOT mean that the dense energy in the beginning could not be a star!

if each black hole is the creation of a super nova and there are galaxies rotating with these black holes then this means there were multiple big bangs and if these multiple big bangs left BLACK HOLES that each galaxy rotates!

and everything within the galaxy was RELEASED in a SUPER NOVA on grander scale "big Bangs" then the dense energy was in fact STARS!

comprehendae?

A black hole isn't created BY a supernova.

It is created from the un-ejected mass after a supernova going under gravitational collapse.

You clearly don't know enough about this subject if you tell me a black hole is the CREATION of SUPERNOVA.

Galaxies are created by collections of mass, and a lot of primordial black holes, with some dark matter.

AS all the primordial black holes rotate then the as it gets larger must also rotate.

The center is what we call a galactic nuclei.

You should stop going to wiki for sources. I mean come on.....

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join