It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.
Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.
Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.
While most of Building 7 of the World Trade Center was evacuated around the time the South Tower was hit, if not earlier (see (9:03 a.m.) September 11, 2001), firefighters now find three individuals who have become trapped inside it, and lead them out of the building. [National Institute of Standards and Technology, 6/2004, pp. L-18 pdf file; National Institute of Standards and Technology, 9/2005, pp. 109-110 pdf file] Among these individuals are Barry Jennings, a City Housing Authority worker, and Michael Hess, New York’s chief lawyer who is also a longtime friend of Mayor Rudolph Giuliani. The two had gone up to the 23rd floor emergency command center of the Mayor’s Office of Emergency Management after the first attack occurred, but found it empty (see (Shortly Before 9:03 a.m.) September 11, 2001). [New York Times, 11/21/1997; Associated Press, 9/11/2001; Giuliani, 2002, pp. 20-21 and 244; Dylan Avery, 2007] They then headed downstairs but became trapped around the eighth floor by smoke and debris that filled the staircase. After breaking a window and calling for help, they were spotted by firefighters outside. When the firefighters go in, they also find a security officer for one of the businesses based in the building, who is trapped on the seventh floor by the smoke in the stairway. This officer headed up the building after the South Tower collapsed at 9:59, to check that all his personnel had left there (see (Shortly After 9:59 a.m.-12:10 p.m.) September 11, 2001). All three men are escorted out of the building. [Penn State Public Broadcasting, 3/1/2002; National Institute of Standards and Technology, 6/2004, pp. L-18 pdf file; National Institute of Standards and Technology, 9/2005, pp. 110 pdf file; National Institute of Standards and Technology, 11/2008, pp. 298-299 pdf file]
When the firefighters go in, they also find a security officer for one of the businesses based in the building, who is trapped on the seventh floor by the smoke in the stairway. This officer headed up the building after the South Tower collapsed at 9:59, to check that all his personnel had left there
I am open to correction, but personally I am quite certain that he says "partially collapsing again."
6 days ago
We were all told that Barry Jennings died, however, I have been unable to find a death certificate. This means he either paid somebody powerful like the mafia to help hide him, or he is in witness protection program, or he was killed by an assassin with serious connections, or he is just in hiding with family and is trying his best not to be found. We can't figure it out. We don't know where he is, but his family says he is dead...
Originally posted by dillweed
......we should pursue the truth here first.
Iwill never accept the official story....
Little bit of a contradiction there - wouldn't you agree?
Originally posted by LaBTop
(LT now : Brian, Valhall, Griff, and other engineers and architects, READ all the extensive red comments ! See fig 5-24 -the red line showing location of Kink-; combined with fig 5-6, 5-7 and 5-8 -Trusses 1+2 at the east side-; and fig 5-2 -the only two stairwells-; and ask yourself why they had to blow away a thin slice of the bottom of that "column above", sized W14x730 of both trusses, horizontally first, so it still rested on top of the two-story double transfer structure. With its splices at floor 7, where Barry Jennings and Michael Hess were catapulted back up to floor 8 again in the eastern stairwell by that very early explosion.
And both splices of Trusses 1 and 2 on floor 7 were the bottom end of two huge columns reaching 40 floors up to under the roof's eastern penthouse, which roof dented first. Then the whole penthouse toppled into the roof, when they blew diagonally the two bottom splices of trusses 1 and 2 sideways, which set off the start of the global collapse.The whole eastern inner core dropped 2 stories.
The strongest Truss 3 at the west side was blown just after that and dealt the final blow.Actually, you see the western penthouse topple inside just after the eastern penthouse disappeared inside.
There were surely more assisting demo charges set to keep up the momentum of the collapse, but those blown 3 trusses were the initiating event.
Figure 5-8 Truss 2 detail. (BPM = built-up plate member.) :
The gray gusset plates were probably blown away too, when the bottom splices were blown sideways.)
This is a note at the bottom of chapter 5.5.2 (Collapse of WTC 1) of the earliest official report, which was publicized by FEMA :
According to the account of a firefighter who walked the 9th floor along the south side following the collapse of WTC 1, the only damage to the 9th floor FACADE occurred at the southwest corner. According to firefighters' eyewitness accounts from outside of the building, approximately floors 8-18 were damaged to some degree. Other eyewitness accounts relate that there was additional damage to the south elevation.
(LT now : US Secret Service occupied floors 9 and 10.
It is quite unbelievable in the case of a NIST proposed deep gash in the center of the south facade of WTC 7, caused by fallen debris from the WTC 1 north tower collapse, that the eventual gash would have been cut through the whole south face, covering also floors under the two extra reinforced 7th and 5th floors.
But NIST tried to propose a failure in two main columns to occur, originating at the 5th floor level, caused by debris damage and intense fires.
That is impossible, and probably NIST knew this, when you account for this firefighters testimony.
I would like to introduce you to the following "absurd FEMA story", written by the unknown writer of the red colored comments in the above linked FEMA Report from WTC7.net :
So we have been presented with the following absurd story :
(LT now : lots of sarcasm inserted by the writer )
1. Power to the Twin Towers was wired from the substation in WTC 7 through two separate systems. The first provided power throughout each building; the second provided power only to the emergency systems. In the event of fire, power would only be provided to the emergency systems. This was to prevent arcing electric lines igniting new fires and to reduce the risk of firefighters being electrocuted. There were also six 1,200 kW emergency power generators located in the sixth basement (B-6) level of the towers, which provided a backup power supply. These also had normal and emergency subsystems.
2. Previous to the collapse of the South Tower, the power to the towers was switched to the emergency subsystem to provide power for communications equipment, elevators, emergency lighting in corridors and stairwells, and fire pumps and safety for firefighters. At this time power was still provided by the WTC 7 substation.
3. Con Ed reported that,
the feeders supplying power to WTC 7 were de-energized at 9.59 a.m..
This was due to the South Tower collapse which occurred at the same time.
4. Unfortunately, even though the main power system for the towers was switched off and WTC 7 had been evacuated, a design flaw allowed generators (designed to supply backup power for the WTC complex) to start up and resume an unnecessary and unwanted power supply.
5. Unfortunately, debris from the collapse of the north tower (the closest tower) fell across the building known as World Trade Center Six, and then across Vesey Street, and then impacted WTC 7 which is (at closest) 355 feet away from the north tower.
(LT now : BEGIN of SARCASM : )
6. Unfortunately, some of this debris penetrated the outer wall of WTC 7, smashed half way through the building, demolishing a concrete masonry wall (in the north half of the building) and then breached a fuel oil pipe that ran across the building just to the north of the masonry wall.
7. Unfortunately, though most of the falling debris was cold, it manages to start numerous fires in WTC 7.
8. Unfortunately, even with the outbreak of numerous fires in the building, no decision was made to turn off the generators now supplying electricity to WTC 7. Fortunately, for the firefighters, someone did make the decision not to fight and contain the fires while they were still small, but to wait until the fires were large and out of control. Otherwise, many firefighters may have been electrocuted while fighting the fires.
9. Unfortunately, the safety mechanism that should have shut down the fuel oil pumps (which were powered by electricity) upon the breaching of the fuel line, failed to work and fuel oil (diesel) was pumped from the Salomon Smith Barney tanks on the ground floor onto the 5th floor where it ignited. The pumps eventually emptied the tanks, pumping some 12,000 gallons in all.
10. Unfortunately, the sprinkler system of WTC 7 malfunctioned and did not extinguish the fires.
11. Unfortunately, the burning diesel heated trusses one and two to the point that they lost their structural integrity.
12. Unfortunately, this then (somehow) caused the whole building to collapse, even though before September 11, no steel framed skyscraper had ever collapsed due to fire.
You must agree, it is absurd, isn't it?
13. "We were down about a block from the base of the World Trade Center towers about an hour ago. And there was a great deal of concern at that time, the firemen said building number 7 was going to collapse, building number five was in danger of collapsing. And there's so little they can do to try to fight the fires in these buildings, because the fires are so massive. And so much of the buildings continues to fall into the street. When you're down there, Dan, you hear smaller secondary explosions going off every 15 or 20 minutes, and so it's an extremely dangerous place to be."
–CBS-TV News Reporter Vince DeMentri
16. The time was approximately 11 a.m. Both of the WTC towers were collapsed and the streets were covered with debris. Building #7 was still standing but burning. ...We spoke to with a FDNY Chief who has his men holed up in the US Post Office building. He informed us that the fires in building 7 were uncontrollable and that its collapse was imminent. There were no fires inside the loading dock (of 7) at this time but we could hear explosions deep inside. –PAPD P.O. William Connors www.thememoryhole.org... page 69
7. After the initial blast (LT : = the first plane impact at 08:46:26 !) , Housing Authority worker Barry Jennings, 46, reported to a command center on the 23rd floor of 7 World Trade Center. He was with Michael Hess, the city's corporation counsel, when they felt and heard another explosion (LT : now comes the BIG mistake: [the collapse of the north tower]. First calling for help, they scrambled downstairs to the lobby, or what was left of it. "I looked around, the lobby was gone. It looked like hell," Jennings said. www.record-eagle.com...
Originally posted by SquirrelNutz
It's clear that this building came down deliberately, I just forgot the reasons.
46-47 Mechanical floors
28-45 Salomon Smith Barney (SSB)
26-27 Standard Chartered Bank
25 Inland Revenue Service (IRS)
25 Department of Defense (DOD)
25 Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
24 Inland Revenue Service (IRS)
23 Office of Emergency Management (OEM)
22 Federal Home Loan Bank of New York
21 First State Management Group
19-21 ITT Hartford Insurance Group
19 National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC)
18 Equal Opportunity Commission (EEOC)
13 Provident Financial Management
11-13 Securities and Exchange Commission
9-10 US Secret Service
7-8 American Express Bank International
7 OEM generators and day tank
6 Switchgear, storage
5 Switchgear, generators, transformers
4 Upper level of 3rd floor, switchgear
3 Lobby, SSB Conference Center, rentable space, manage
2 Open to first floor lobby, transformer vault upper level, upper level switchgear
1 Lobby, loading docks, existing Con Ed transformer vaults, fuel storage, lower level switchgear