It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mountain Lion Shot In Berkeley's Gourmet Ghetto

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
cbs5.com...

I guess she came down out of the hills for food. I don't know why they had to shoot her, but they said they had no choice. I hope there are no babies waiting to be fed.

I have cats and keep my windows open 24-7 so they can go in and out. I had a nightmare that a couger got in thru the window and was ransacking my house. Then I woke up and realized the only cougar in the house was me

edit for spelling

[edit on 2-9-2010 by berkeleygal]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by berkeleygal

berkeleygal

Surely you must know by now that we Human (the Superior species ??) need protecting from the big nasty world out there !!

If it had been the last Mountain Lion of it's type it would have still be 'blown away' by those who feel Humans need protecting MORE than the world we live in !!

If we continue to expand into nature then we MUST learn to live alongside it otherwise we might as well incinerate the whole lot right now before we get into anymore harm...

such a shame...
regards

PurpleDog UK

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It is a shame that they didn't just tranq it and relocate it back ot where it came from.

Killing an animal looking for food to eat seems pretty harsh, especially when they had other choices.

edit to add: @Berkeleygal-- you had me chuckling with your last comment...

[edit on 2/9/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   

They absolutely could have used a tranquilizer on the cougar!! No need to shoot it and kill it...

BTW that is a hilarious dream...you were the only cougar!!! ROFLMAO!!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
And I thought people in Berkley were advanced thinkers. It turns out the kill what they do not understand, just like the rednecks. Many Californian women have become cougars. I would like to thank you all for taking the young men away from the young girls. They are so lonely they will go out with old men like me now. This makes me a Jaguar. Jaguars are shot much more than Cougars.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6

I agree with your first, second and also your third sentiment.
Sorry if my post is unclear but I am not allowed to recopy your letter for clarification. Hope you get it. She was pretty funny at that last bit. Thought so too. Too bad about the cat though. Very sad. lol

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Some years back, didn't a cougar kill a lady jogger in Tilden Park?

That's my home area, and I remember that as happening...Too bad about this cougar, but I love out-of-place animal stories...You never know...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   

A cougar in it's right mind would never have come so close to civilization. It was a disaster waiting to happen, inevitable that it would meet it's doom there.

This wasn't a case of us expanding into it's territory - it was a case of the cat trespassing on forbidden ground.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mishigas

I only would question your term "forbidden ground" what is that all about?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleDog UK

berkeleygal

Surely you must know by now that we Human (the Superior species ??) need protecting from the big nasty world out there !!

If it had been the last Mountain Lion of it's type it would have still be 'blown away' by those who feel Humans need protecting MORE than the world we live in !!

If we continue to expand into nature then we MUST learn to live alongside it otherwise we might as well incinerate the whole lot right now before we get into anymore harm...

such a shame...
regards

PurpleDog UK

Oh please, if you entered that cats territory it would of ripped you to shreds and devour your genitals without flinching.

A general rule of thumb,
if you enter my territory prepare to be brutally killed(in this case it wasn't as brutal as what that cat could of done)

That is the rule of the wild.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Segador]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
This is very sad, and I feel sorry for the cat.

I agree they should have tranqued it, but give a pig a gun.....

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by mishigas

I only would question your term "forbidden ground" what is that all about?

The cat knows what I mean. It's not a philosophical term meant to imply that the lion should be able to lay down with the lamb.

It's the reason the cats mark their territory with their urine and their glands. It's the reason they avoid places with heavy human scent.

It's nature, pure and simple. The cat will attack another cat that enters it's marked territory. It knows it is taking a risk entering human territory. It has nothing to do with harmony and rhapsody.

new topics

top topics

join