It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you steer a hurricane? CHEMTRAILS!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
What?

How exactly can you steer a hurricane? You obviously dont even know how hurricanes form or work, otherwise you would have realised that there are literally over 25 or so factors that influcence a hurricanes track, intensity and strength. Combine that with surrounding weather patterns, adn the fact that areas of low pressure move to areas of high pressure, to equalise the environment, and then you have thousands and thousands of different factors you need to change to control a hurricane. Now combine those factors with approaching frontal systems, the jetstream and approaching areas of pressure, then you have another hundred things to manipulate.

So, go on...tell me how exactly you steer a hurricane

So if you know what's needed to pull it off I see no reason to believe our government isn't doing it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by realeyes
So if you know what's needed to pull it off I see no reason to believe our government isn't doing it.

Its not just knowing whats needed to pull it off, its the sheer size of the operations needed to achieve it. Altering a hurricane will result in the entire northern hemisphere's weather pattern being changed.

We cant even get cloud seeding to work effectively, yet you believe that something as complex as a tropical storm system can be altered....

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Well, I don't know much about how alleged chemtrails are applied, nor do I know much about how cloud seeding is performed, nor do I know if they are the same thing or mutually exclusive.

BUT, I do know that NOAA has performed cloud seeding in the past to try to make hurricanes less destructive.

www.aoml.noaa.gov...

From the mid-1960s through the early 1980s NOAA actively pursued Project STORMFURY, a program of experimental hurricane modification. The general strategy was to reduce the intensity of the storm by cloud seeding.

So, it does seem that it would be relatively logical that they would have advanced in cloud seeding to the point that they could potentially be using cloud seeding.

That is, of course, if you don't believe the official line that they discontinued this research years ago.

The American Meteorological Society policy statement on planned and inadvertent weather modification, dated October 2, 1998, indicates, "There is no sound physical hypothesis for the modification of hurricanes, tornadoes, or damaging winds in general, and no related scientific experimentation has been conducted in the past 20 years." In the absence of a sound hypothesis, no Federal agencies are presently doing, or planning, research on hurricane modification.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Could you please look at my post and explain why these contrails are at such low altitudes?

Thats not normal for passenger jets.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

Could you please look at my post and explain why these contrails are at such low altitudes?

Thats not normal for passenger jets.

Do you have a link?

And is your board back up and working?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Mate I'm on the fence with this chem/contrail issue but I'd like to point out one thing..

Reading through this thread the only explanation that has been given is that these trails are normal contrails from commercial passenger jets that have changed course to avoid the hurricane.

If that is the case, why are they flying so low??

From what I read there is NO commercial airport nearby, so landing or take off is not the reason.
By your pics the trails are way below the clouds..
To me that is too low for commercial air traffic..

BTW, I have passed all subjects for my commercial pilots licence..
Not that means anything other than I do know what is a normal flight altitude.

No, If I click on new topics it's still around 6 hours old

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slippery Jim
reply to post by boondock-saint

My thoughts? I think you are seeing contrails of aircraft diverting around a hurricane rather than flying through it.

How dare you bring common sense into a chemtrail thread. The nerve!

I makes absolutly too much sense for aircraft to divert around a hurricane and because of the frontal system they produce lasting contrails. The fact that it makes sense is why no one that believes in the mythical chemtrails will ever accept it. Star for you for being grounded in reality though.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by davidmann
I was uncertain whether chemtrails even exist.

Has anyone checked with phage on this?

Why would one need to consult with Phage on anything? Bright he may be, but how about stop being lazy and research a topic on your own.

You can't come to a conclusion on anything yourself?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread, interesting debate. I've been looking into the CT theory for months now, trying to work out if CT's are part of a bigger 'conspiracy'. I've read thread after thread with disinformers coming along and disputing OP's claims and concerns. Still looking into things..

Here's a few links that I bookmarked. There's some interesting reading (and pictures) in a few.

www.weathermodification.com...

www.whale.to...

www.youtube.com...

www.fourwinds10.com...

twm.co.nz...

twm.co.nz...

I also recommend a book by Leonard Leokum & Paul Posnick aptly titled 'Weather War', a fictional read at the time, but yet what is fact from fiction these days?

Thanks for the post, you got me thinking

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I don't believe these are "chemtrails" and they are steering the hurricaine but hey look at it this way. If you believe these truly are chemtrails and they are steering the hurricane away from the coast then take solace in the fact the government is protecting you rather than directing them at you.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CynicalM

If that is the case, why are they flying so low??

From what I read there is NO commercial airport nearby, so landing or take off is not the reason.
By your pics the trails are way below the clouds..
To me that is too low for commercial air traffic..

BTW, I have passed all subjects for my commercial pilots licence..
Not that means anything other than I do know what is a normal flight altitude.

M did you also pass the eye test??

If you study the photos properly you can see that the trails are well above the clouds. They are only visible at the thinning area of the clouds creating the illusion that they are coming through it's a question of angles!!

These contrails are standard, I live about 50 miles from Heathrow and I see hundreds of these every day..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
I wonder why they deflected it though? I thought mayhem and destruction was the theme of the moment?

I was wondering about that too.
Still haven't got an answer.
Maybe it was diverted from this location
so it could wreak havoc on the DC Area
or even NYC. It appears to be heading
that way.

I also saw an article a few days ago
about the consequences of a storm surge
on NYC. You think they knew it was going
to hit NY then? Else why the article???

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Do you have a link?

Oz, I think he was talking about the pics
in the original OP. maybe I'm wrong

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint

Do you have a link?

Oz, I think he was talking about the pics
in the original OP. maybe I'm wrong

Ah Ok

In that case, there is no way you can tell what height the planes are travelling. Since its most likely at crusing altitude, the plane is probably in between 30,000 to 40,000ft. Weather balloon data would show what height its likely at...thats given you believe they are contrails

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
In the photo's they appear identical to common Contrails.

No they do not, see video below for differences
between contrails and chemtrails. Also
contrails cannot be created below 30K feet
unless the air is colder than -38C. Some of
those shown in my pics are below 30K.
I guess now, ur gonna ask me how I know
how high they were. Once again, eye sight!

Originally posted by Blaine91555
What testing methods do you use to differentiate Chemtrails from Contrails?

my eye sight!!!
contrails evaporate quickly and disappear
chemtrails remain in the air long after the plane leaves sight

my OP pics are chemtrails on the outer edge
of bands of Hurricane Earl.

[edit on 3-9-2010 by boondock-saint]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   

In that case, there is no way you can tell what height the planes are travelling. Since its most likely at crusing altitude,

bro, u just contradicted urself.
u state I can't tell what height they are
yet u interject cruising altitude.
lol

I can't estimate altitude
but you can???

bro, I think we need that beer now.
Im buying the first round

This gets more interesting by the minute

Oz, ur an alright fellow

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Slippery Jim

Even though no hurricane has ever been diverted by human endeavour in the history of mankind.

Prove that. Beyond the shadow of a doubt. You flew in here demanding that Boon PROVE his theory and listen to YOUR reasoning and then you post, AS FACT, that in the history of mankind this has never been done. OBVIOUSLY you are privvy to some pretty spectacular information. Be a good ATSer and share it with us.

Now, I saw something on TV a few weeks ago (and we ALLLLL know if it was on TV it's true) about steering hurricanes via a satellite using a laser to heat the water and thus keep the storm on a preset path that follows the heated water. Do we have that kind of technology? I'm thinking yes we do. Are we using it to steer hurricanes? THAT we won't know for years.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThatDGgirl
Prove that. Beyond the shadow of a doubt.

he can't !!!
unless he was in on the conspiracy himself
and showed up here to STEER this thread.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Well, you kind of missed the point. When we forecast for contrail peristence (yes we actually do forecast for it, particularly during military exercises and training), we use weather balloon data to find which levels are right for contrails to form and persist. When it come to commercial traffic, planes typical cruising altitude varies a lot from plane type to plane type.

I think the minimum crusing altitude over US airspace is something like 23,000ft which stops incoming planes getting caught up with other planes crusing over the area. ATC operators (from what Ive heard from them, we have close contact with them evertime we launch a weather balloon) say that you can almost guarantee crusing altitude between 30,000ft to 40,000ft. Smaller aircraft fly lower, due to the restriction on the power outpu (I think).

When we forecast, we usually use the data between 300hPa and 150hPa, which is equivalent of altitudes of approximately (there's always a slight variance in pressuresfor different places) 28,000 to around 40,000ft and then apply the calculations to those heights. So if there are samples of air parcels that lie within those heights, then we can say that contrails are likely or not likely at those heights.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   

I'm baffled that people can be so open they are blind.
I think you are uneducated and paranoid... i seen some jets fly over my town this morning, according to you they must have some sinister motives. Guess I better stay inside for the labour day weekend... I don't want to be hit by a hurricane or scolded by toxic winds /end sarcasm

edit... btw how many people do you think are in on this "conspiracy"?
hundred, thousands, more? Unlikely

[edit on 3-9-2010 by GummB]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join