It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

James Lee/Discovery Channel gunman was Manchurian candidate

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bg_socalif

No kidding? 18 months in a FEDERAL prison? So they had him in custody for a year and a half...that's plenty of time to really screw with a persons head. For 18 months they could have had free reign with this guy. Who knows...?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   
According to one news show, Lee hung out in a 'Borders' coffee shop near the Discovery Communications building.  He was always wearing "green colored military-style clothing as if he was ready to go to battle."  He would also continually rant and rave about the Discovery network.

www.youtube.com...

Sounds like the guy was 'creating a legend' about himself--that of the whacked out ex-military vet or something.

Also, in this photo from two years ago, compare Lee's sign and outfit with his ensemble at the more recent anti-war demo.  His clothing are grey, not black, but otherwise identical.  Weird.
news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:54 AM
link   
you can buy black BDUS virtually ANYWHERE, both online and offline, I own a set myself, along with tactical equipment and gear. You can get that stuff on ebay, like this:

cgi.ebay.com...

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   
I have two words for most you: Occam's Razor.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:36 AM
link   
He may have been a deranged young man.

Manchurian candidate? For what purpose? To what end?

Whatever, it didn't work out too well for anyone. especially him.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
He's accomplished quite a bit if the goal was to paint protesters as compltetly crazy. That is a narrative that the MSM has been going out of it's way to build.

here is some more footage of him in January 2009 from a protest in Dupont Circle on Bush's last day in office. Lee is at 00:15

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-9-2010 by Jack Jouett]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

So the ultimate agenda of TPTB was to storm the Discovery Channel using a deranged and mentally ill gunman whose only accomplishment, other than being a public nuisance, was to get himself killed?

Wow, they are really wasting my tax dollars! Their secret programs must suck!

This picture pretty much proves SOMEBODY had him in their scopes... does it not??? You talk as if this is the first mentally ill individual to have ever been manipulated/exploited for political purposes.

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Wait so a black button down shirt from target, five dollar black belt, black pants and black jacket is tactical gear now? I thought tactical gear was, ya know, useful for more than semi casual day at the office.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Hedera Helix

No. It does not.

What it does prove is that Mr. Lee made enough of a spectacle of himself at a protest as to warrant extra attention.

I just realized I had some photos of James Lee, the Discovery Channel gunman. He was at a protest march from Dupont Circle to the Whitehouse on Bush's last day of office during the Obama inauguration celebration in January 2009. He had a bullhorn and the other anti-war protesters were trying to distance themselves from him, telling bystanders, "He's not with us!" I think they were doing this because he has shouting disturbing things that were anti U.S. military, anti-troops. The anti-war movement trying to portray themselves as supporting the troops but not the war.

From your own source.

Mr. Lee was a disturbed individual with a tenuous hold on reality that finally snapped. There is no evidence or cause to assume anything other than that.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

That wasn't my source... it was the OP's original source. I just borrowed it.

When politically motivated people covertly mess with other people who obviously have a screw loose... eventually something bad is going to happen. Somebody definitely had this guy's number... and dialed in.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Did they? Why? Present some evidence.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Oh I get it, so the Conspiracy Chicks can question if Obama is a secret CIA operative, but I can't speculate that this guy might have had handlers who were steering his moves.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

No. Honestly, questions are why many of us come here! We are looking for that airtight, unknown, brand new thing.

Working through the evidence with a skeptical eye is not about debunking people. It's like looking for that needle in the haystack. But by no means should you feel demoralized for participating in the hunt!!!!

In fact I applaud you for posting this thread! It led me to read about a person I might not have otherwise taken the time to read about.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Jack Jouett

I agree with Hefficide, if this is the best the CIA can do its a wonder RFK isn't still alive, after all wasn't his assassin supposedly another Manchurian Candidate? I mean its 2010 and the best TPTB can do is have a guy break into Discovery Channel with a Manifesto that reads like something written by Invader Zim (the part about filthy humans made me giggle
)?

I just don't buy it.

The guy was a nut and its a shame nobody realized it in time to stop him from making the biggest mistake of his life.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   
You just have to ask yourself, who benefits? No one benefits from this guy doing this and a guy even died. Sometimes things are just as they seem.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine

Did they? Why? Present some evidence.

Yes. To send a message. A dead body isn't good enough for you???

[edit on 3/9/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It's common knowledge now that if you take hostages you might get shot by the police. What other message is there?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeltaNine
That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. It's common knowledge now that if you take hostages you might get shot by the police. What other message is there?

Any and all levels of absurdity depends entirely as to WHY he decided to take hostages. It's the WHY (an UNKNOWN to the general public) he decided to take hostages that determines what is and what is not ridiculous. I think it was ridiculous that two planes flew into the WTC... but WHY did they??? WHAT was the purpose... and WHO gained???

[edit on 4/9/2010 by Hedera Helix]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
The 911 calls are here:

www.tbd.com...

At the 25:55 mark on the very first tape we hear:
"Observed two suspects. (One is) black male, carrying machine gun. ... Black guy had a white t-shirt...."

This sounds a lot like the pic of the gunman taken outside the building.

911 call #3
(1:20 mark)
O: Is he(suspect) black, white, hispanic...?
W: ...looks black... and he's got a black baseball cap on.....

911 call #6
O: Can you tell me what he(gunman) looks like?
W: He's a black man... in his 40s or his 50s.... wearing light colored clothes, short sleeve shirt, off-white or light yellow.... carrying handgun... He shot it up in the air, and said 'Nobody move!'

911 call #2
The 911 operator is talking to a witness:
(at the 11:07 mark)
W: " Oh my God!" ... There's a guy coming in the century garden with a gun.... I don't know if he's SWAT or what... he came up the century garden carrying a rifle in his arms....
O: Is he a police officer?
W: No, ... he's in shorts, t-shirt.... black gentleman, and a yellow, flourescent thing on his arm.
O: Ok, you're good to go...
W: Is he a police officer?
O: Yes, he's a police officer...

Though one might ask, why isn't he wearing a uniform? Is he just some plainclothes cop who just happened to be on scene? If they can use flourescent patches to ID cops, why not badges to hang around their necks, like they have always done? Was this officer participating in some kind of drill? Was that why Lee had starter pistols--because he thought it was just a drill?

Other 911 callers identified a white or oriental suspect. So if the black man was a cop, is it SOP to fire guns into the ceiling to get people's attention? Or were there in reality two suspects? One of whom quickly assumed his role as a responding police officer?

/

[edit on 4-9-2010 by starviego]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Where's the footage of the actual event - storming the discovery channel?

I would have thought that should have been in the OP...

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join