It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jumping the border? There's an App for that!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
It is not just good people that cross the border. Unless it affects someone personally, they won't care who comes across. These people are not screened. They can come over with diseases. They can be a gang member, murderer, pedophile, theif, etc. If you are for illegals, you are also for allowing these others to come through. There is no middle line.

Ask Arizona how illegal immigration has affected them. Not a pretty picture. Illegals are all across the USA, not just border cities. I have seen illegals hired over American citizens, I have seen jobs in factories where you now have to speak Spanish, I have seen an increase in crime and graffiti, gangs etc. If you are not affected by illegal immigration yet, in time you will be. By then it will be too late.

Too many people have died at the hands of an illegal immigrant with numerous arrests and deportations.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Tell me, why is it that the US is supposed to be the only country that is not allowed to have borders? Why is it that certain areas of the country and certain components of our society do not have to follow the law?

You know what, I am tired of worrying about other's feelings. Being politically correct has gotten us where we are.

Yeah, I have supervised a few myself. Some hard workers, some not so much. Kinda the same as Americans. And they only want a better life for their family. Well so does the people here in the US. And flooding the market with labor is trashing the pay scale. For the last 35 years the wages in this country have been stagnant. Any correlation, of course I could prove the causal component, I have seen it with my own two eyes. You cannot compete with those that would work for 1/2 the minimum wage, or even less. And NO, forcing companies to pay them minimum wages and allowing 20-40 million illegals to stay here will not solve the problem.

Well, we should just create about 40 million government jobs to take care of the unemployment problems, right?

When the government or anyone for that matter, dissembles and allows one person to break the law or region to break the law, there is no longer law. Now is there?

You set up a differing classes based on what they are allowed to get away with by the law.

You either change the damn law or you enforce it, equally under the law!

I believe one tenet and that is in my avatar. Until this country follows it, I do not want my fellow countrymen to have to pay from THEIR labor, for criminals to come here and get handouts.

Either follow the laws we have, change them, or stay the hell out of my country. Is that so much to ask?

To finish, whatever.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Many people state that 'they' are just here to earn an honest living. There is nothing honest about stealing identities, presenting false documentations etc. With millions of unemployed citizens we do not need illegal immigrants.

For those who say that they do the jobs that Americans won't, maybe some of them do, but we don't need millions of them to do those jobs. These people are NOT just doing those jobs. They have spread farther into the job market, taking away from citizens.

For those who come to have their babies on our soil, they are then allowed free medical, food, cheap housing etc. We have elderly and other citizens who can barely afford the medications they need in order to survive.

Also, most illegals send a lot of their money right back to their Country of origin, have no intention of becoming a citizen and come right out and tell you. I'm tired of hearing "America is stupid" while they take every advantage America has to offer them.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Wow, just out of curiousity did you actually reply to anything that I wrote or did you just have a cut and paste kind of thing prepped and ready to fire?

At this point all I can assume is that you are agenda driven and not open to debate or dialogue, which is a shame and shows all that is presently going so horribly wrong with this nation. Absolutism is not fertile ground for growth. It's dead soil.

So have fun on your soap box.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
Maybe if those folks stayed in their country and attempted to do something about it, instead of coming to our country and destroying it.

Yeah, not even going to answer your ridiculous what about the poor people in the desert ploy. Pffft.

Maybe if they entered properly and learned our laws and our Constitution, they might actually be worth something here to the country. As it is, they are just a bunch of free loaders.

Up to this point, I had let your off topic banter slide by, your clear political bias resulting in using this as an excuse to bash certain politicians, so on and so forth.

But THIS has me going "seriously?".

You must have NO clue what goes on down south of the border for you to go ahead and spout off something as ignorant as that. I'm totally against illegal immigration, but I'm not eating from the Fox News cake, so I know it's not such a simple issue.

I know this part is going to be really hard for you, but I'm going to ask you to try anyway. I want you to imagine this for a second:
You live in Mexico. You wake up and get ready to make below poverty money to try and survive. As you leave, you here about another couple of people in your neighborhood that were traveling to the next town over and have gone missing. You don't expect to ever see them again.

You make it to work and the conditions are demeaning and harsh. You do your job. As you are leaving it is getting dark. You fear for your safety. You get home. You still fear for your safety. You try to go to sleep, but fear weighs over you. You hear something outside.

Gunmen break in and demand you pay them "rent". They break some of your things. They tell you that you better have some money by the end of the week. This isn't the first time this has happened. A friend of your had told the police last time. Your friend was killed. You want to leave, but you realize that no matter where you go, the same thing is happening all over your country. The Criminal Cartels have taken control and rule with brutal tyranny.

You want to go to the U.S., and you hear that it's much safer there. You hear that the police protect the people, the laws protect against abuse of workers, and the government ensures that people who need help will get help. You want to enter the U.S.

The amount of time it will take to get into the US legally: at least 5 years.

This is the point where you don't just wonder can I wait 5 years, but will I survive another 5 years? Or will I end up dead in my house? Will I turn up missing one day never to be seen again? Will I be kidnapped for ransom? Or worse?

What kind of options are those?

I'm not saying I agree with illegal immigration, but if you can't understand where these illegal immigrants are coming from, you not only fail to be a citizen of a free country, but a human being. There is a problem to be fixed, and that is the only way illegal immigration will go down. Unfortunately that problem isn't on the US side of the border. The problem is in Mexico.

You want them to help themselves? The people there are widely poor. The rich have left to the US. Mainly, the population left is the population too poor to legally escape the tyranny of these criminal cartels. They can't trust their government, their police, or even their neighbors. Organizing any sort of effort for change ends with a massacre. There is no hope for them, no prospect of change, and no legal prospect of escape.

The only thing they have is a life risking journey to enter the US by any means because all the other options end in misery. Some of them never make it.

You dislike illegal immigration, dislike the policies of the government, etc. etc. fine. But before you start acting like the problem is so easy to fix on the other side of the border, you just remember that they don't live like you. They can't organize, they can get some guns and throw down, they can't even go to the police without fear of the repercussions that usually end with death. They need our help to turn their country around. In order to solve OUR problems, we need to help them solve theirs.

Something to think about. Because you're self destructive complaining about whole fault it is, and why you dislike illegal immigrants is an easy way out of ignoring the real problem completely. The real problem that the US has been allowing for years. The human rights violations happening everyday right next store.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I believe one tenet and that is in my avatar. Until this country follows it, I do not want my fellow countrymen to have to pay from THEIR labor, for criminals to come here and get handouts.

Either follow the laws we have, change them, or stay the hell out of my country. Is that so much to ask?

To finish, whatever.

You can be against illegal immigration and still care about basic human rights and still be a human being.

You fail to reach that bar of measurement.

And by the way, this isn't YOUR country. It''s OUR country. Fortunately though, your wording does give some insight into your selfish attitude. Don't bother trying to masquerade your real intention with "fellow countrymen", we know where you are really coming from. You dislike illegal immigrants because the way it negatively effects YOU, and YOUR profession. It negatively effects the lifestyle YOU live by.

God forbid the real world impede on YOUR comfy lifestyle.

How about this, instead of complaining about just thing things that impede your comfy style of living, you actually do something about the root causes. Nah, that would require you to put in effort toward something that doesn't directly benefit YOU.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Okay, so help the Mexican government, well the parts that haven't been bought by the Criminal Cartels. You help the Mexican government retake their country back, and help them establish a working legal economy, they will go home. Some will stay, but many of them will go back home, where they want to be anyway.

The reason they are here is because it's a job that pays, and they don't have to risk their lives everyday just by traveling to get there. Immigrants come here, not because the job market is so great. They come here because it's safe and there is a legal (not drug running, kidnapping people murdering people) economy to work in.

Want to curb immigration, help Mexico get it's country in order. If we can invade two countries on the other side of the globe and occupy them for years just to ensure the trade of oil in dollars, we can help another country get on it's feet and reserve the immigration problem plaguing our country.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Just set up EMP spikes along the border, you see people in a certian area? fry the zone. Then pick them up and haul there ass back to "mehico"
solved.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
reply to post by Night Star

Okay, so help the Mexican government, well the parts that haven't been bought by the Criminal Cartels. You help the Mexican government retake their country back, and help them establish a working legal economy, they will go home. Some will stay, but many of them will go back home, where they want to be anyway.

The reason they are here is because it's a job that pays, and they don't have to risk their lives everyday just by traveling to get there. Immigrants come here, not because the job market is so great. They come here because it's safe and there is a legal (not drug running, kidnapping people murdering people) economy to work in.

Want to curb immigration, help Mexico get it's country in order. If we can invade two countries on the other side of the globe and occupy them for years just to ensure the trade of oil in dollars, we can help another country get on it's feet and reserve the immigration problem plaguing our country.

If we as American citizens are not heard by our Government, how are we to help the Mexicans or people of other Countries? I would love nothing more than for all Countries to to do the right thing and help their people have the neccesities of life, and safety. I don't know what the solution is or how it could be implimented. There is far too much corruption to believe at this time that things will change for the better.

We now have drug cartels in the USA. We have many neighborhoods all over the USA that are no longer safe. I have lived in the same State for 52 years and have lived in what was considered a safe neighborhood. Now we hear gunshots from time to time, we have gang problems, drugs etc. It was never like this until Illegal immigration got out of hand. At one time I would think nothing of taking a walk at night. Now I wouldn't dream of it. I am nowhere near the border and we have a huge problem with illegals.

Families here need to feed their families and be safe as well. How many have fallen through the cracks and are now living in tent cities for the first time in their lives? How safe can they be? How many are making only 3.00 over the poverty limit therefore they get no help with medical, food, etc? All the while they see illegals getting all their needs met. How do you think these people feel? To be abandoned by their own country while foreigners matter more is causing resentment and anger all over the USA.

How can millions of unemployed people get a job to support their families when there are millions of illegals who are often chosen first for positions? How many lost opportunities are there because you are now required to speak a foreign language in your own country to even get a factory job?

American citizens live in fear as well. How many people have been killed by illegals while just going out for an ice cream or coming home from a dance class? Lives lost just because laws were not enforced.

I have known many illegals and never met a single starving one, nor one who didn't pay money to get here, wether paying for their safe passage, false documents or whatever. And the poor ones...In no time, they have nice homes, cell phones, cable t.v, Ipods, fancy cameras etc Surely there are kind and decent and poor folks coming over too who don't screw the system I'm not saying there isn't. Just pointing out what I have discovered and heard from the ones I know.

Whatever is happening all over the world, the USA cannot solve all their problems. We cannot even solve our own.

It is one thing to have compassion for foreigners, it is another to ignore the citizens and put foreigners above them in imporatnce. I have always been bothered by poor countries, I also see the poor and suffering in my own.

Sorry, once I get going I can't shut up.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Yes, it was intellectually untenable? Not.

As in you people that call for illegal actions to further an agenda, applying that this person falls into that category.

Maybe I should have been more specific on what I meant by you people.

Now that I have explained, is that better?

If you break the law to further an agenda, you are a criminal.

The END does not justify the means.

By that SAME token....Bush is a criminal right? He furthered his father's agenda and committed crimes against humanity by pushing us into the wars in the middle east. LOL LOL LOL

The Rampant Hypocrisy on ATS is HILARIOUS!

But seriously....You gotta see where some of these immigrants are coming from. America USED to be a welcoming country, where anyone could escape to (which my great-grandparents did). It was a "last-resort" for a lot of people who were born into non-humane conditions. But NOW, it doesn't matter your circumstances, you expect people who are fearing the loss of their life to sit around for 2 years THEY DON'T HAVE to try to get into the country illegally? Trust me if I was born in Mexico instead of America, I'd SURE AS HELL be "jumping the fence"

[edit on 9/3/10 by ElijahWan]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!!!

Want to personally voice your complaints to Dominguez, Ricardo R , well here is his email rrdominguez@ucsd.edu Or you can call him at (858)534-6107 .

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I guess people would be much happier if these immigrants died on their way to the united states, or once they get into the united states.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
The Border Patrol could use the same app, and just call it "ibust".

Seriously, this is one of those things that works both ways.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

""you people" who you callin "you people?""
lol do they have this app for the android? i wonder if there is a canadian version, or perhaps a sarah palin, "i can see russia from my backyard" app!!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
He should be arrested for aiding and abetting criminal activity including the transport of narcotics, Human trafficking, illegal immigration and aiding fugitives.

His school should loose funding. Why do we Americans stand for this BS?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tyranny22

this same technology I am guessing may also be used to track them you would think. Does anyone know what the celluar service is like in the desolate border areas?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Of all the banter in this thread this is all that needs to be said.

I agree with every word you wrote.

Raist

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

The reason he hasn't been arrested is because his app doesn't break the law.

You don't have to like it, but as soon as you change the law to suit what you think, then we're on the road to fascism.

He's not mapping anything illegal. If anything, its a highly applied game of geocaching... ever play that? Its a lot of fun.

Anyway, so if you don't like the app, don't download it. But, its his right to free speech to make it, and that is protected under the Constitution.

You make not like what he has to say, and I may not either, but I will defend his right to say it. That's called being American.

Just like I'll defend your right to say that his app stinks. You cross the line and infringe on his rights when you want him arrested for making something you don't like.

***Edited to finish a thought - got too quick on the post button***

[edit on 4/9/10 by MagoSA]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
As far as I can see this is just another tool for the new underground railroad.

I know, not popular amongst the Mexican haters, but hey, I really don't care.

America is supposed to be the land of the free, not the land of the free except Mexicans.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

What, slavery is the law in Mexico?

You equating criminal invaders of a country, to the freedom afforded the slaves due to the Real underground railroad, is telling.

Pffft.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join