It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The One Finger Lifting Trick

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Can anyone help me confirm my suspicion that mind over matter is real, or are my hopes going to dashed again?

The 'one finger lifting trick' was first demonstrated to me at school - and i have never been able to figure out how it's done...

I dont believe it is magic, but i can attest to the fact that it really works - but i cant fathom how!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
It works because you are dividing the weight of one person between the strength of many and people think that their fingers are a lot weaker then they are. It's possible to hold your whole body weight from your fingers for a number of minutes if you are rock climbing or holding onto a ledge.

If there really was some kind of magic involved you would be able to do the same thing with an Elephant (I would love to see a video of that), also notice that they drop the girl almost immediately.

here is a better explanation of it

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Hey, thanks for the info and link. I've learnt something new today!

Have you ever tried it? You can feel the rush of energy on the second lift - after the 'voodoo' part of it.

It is an interesting and unique experience!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I've never tried it no, it looks like a lot of fun though!

I learned how to do a trick when I was younger that made it look like I could levitate I had a lot of fun tricking people with that, I guess the "magicians code" prevents me from telling you what it is though
, you can find it on the net pretty easily if you look around

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Thanks, David Blaine, for destroying my faith in your abilities and making me even more cynical!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
It works
And yes have done this many many times with friends at parties! We even lifted a man who was about 16 stone!! lol people bet that 2 of us could not do it but we did!

The only thing is the person you are doing this too has to remain focused if they laugh ect for some reason all the weight just comes back!!! lol

So you then end up dropping them,

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by asala
We even lifted a man who was about 16 stone!! lol people bet that 2 of us could not do it but we did!

I can picture the scene!!

Funny how if two people were asked to lift a 16 stone person under normal conditions, it could be done - but with a lot of huffin' and puffin'. However, under the conditions of a 'one finger lift', this feat becomes breathlessly easy (Im assuming!).

The trick is a wonderful demonstration of the power of focusing your mind if nothing else.

top topics

join