It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just a Feel-Good Story- William J. Lashua

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Hey everyone! I got an email this morning from a fellow web designer friend of mine who had a really nice story along with a flyer. Story goes like this:

William J Lashua is a 90 year old WWII vet , a hero. The American Legion(his care home) had to put up a poster in a local shopping mall inviting people to his birthday on 04.09.10 because he doesn't have any friends or family alive.

An Anonymous website found out about this and decided to send Birthday cards to his PO Box address which the Legion provided after we called them.

Some of us sent cards some sent money & some said some nasty things, however the majority of 'us' approved of this and recognized this hero needed to be shown love & appreciation.

So we started a movement to make this man's 90th birthday awesome and our aim is to get as many people as possible to attend his birthday Party or at least send him a card even if it turns up late it will still be appreciated I'm sure. The internet is on fire with this at the moment so please join in.

www.facebook.com...

And so it seems Lashua will be receiving quite a few gifts and visitors this Saturday, just spreading the message in case anybody here want's to send something.

When I saw the picture, read the story, and imagined myself in his shoes, I couldn't help but choke back a few tears. I never truly get a chance to do something good for a fellow human being, but this is one of those times.

I bought him a card, and even though it'll get there a bit late, I hope he finds it and it brings a smile to his face. Last I heard there were 300-400 cards being sent, some gifts, and some people going to his party. I really hope he has a GREAT 90th birthday. It's because of people like this man that we're enjoying our freedoms today.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Thank you!

Wish there was more of this type of thing in the public domain!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
That choked me up a little.
I am going to send something as well with a big thank you for your service attached to it.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I wish there were things like this everyday. Thanks to everyone who sends him something, although mine won't get there till a bit later, I'd like to spread this. Imagine his surprise and smile when he sees what the internet has done for him!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

I think i am going to send it express overnight.
I am going to use my creativity on this one and make it good.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Thats great, I wish more people could see this and make his 90th bday special!

Imagine how it feels to be 90, see the things he's seen, and sit daily alone (save for his helpers) and reflect on a long life all by yourself.

This guy should be sat with, asked stories, and saved. We lose more and more heroes like him daily.....

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by bestideayet

I couldn't agree with you more.

I just sent a thank you card and I sent a b-day card as well with some well thought out kind words and a handcarved wooden kitten.
The problem is since its a PO box they won't do express so he will get it next week.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Here is the aftermath! Awesome!

new topics

top topics

join