It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

{Fox Video} Ron Paul - Now War On Iraq Will Get More Expensive Because of Obama

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Obama is lying to the people right in their faces and because of a large number of people voted for Obama many people are buying it.

Over 100K contractors and that may increase!
But let's not sugarcoat it, a contractor is someone who fixes my leaky faucet, these are mercenaries, let's just call it as it is!

I think what may happen is somehow either Iran will attack Iraq or they will make it seem that way and then convince liberals that it's time to attack Iran!

Obama is making all the wrong choices left and right and not enough people realize this. And when people do criticize it the media like that idiot Olbermann or Rachel Maddcow they just go into partisan bickering mode instead of talking about the issue.

I think it's time to boycott MSNBC!!!!!

The way they are portraying current events is disgusting
lie after lie and lie after lie

All drama queens

but back on topic
This war can only get worse with the decisions Obama made and he will expand it into Iran as well.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Obama has explicitly stated that he wants to figure out a situation with Iran that doesn't turn into a confrontation.

I'm one of the few liberals on this site that understands the danger Iran is as of right now. The people of the country are very nice.

Despite how the media portrays it, the people love Americans, but it's their theocratic government that they rebel against, and that they want removed.

Though, Obama doesn't want a war with Iran.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

^^ talk about your drama queens

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
^^ talk about your drama queens

Do you have anything to add to the discussion or are you just trying to derail the thread?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
What I saw was wildly speculative ranting on your part and nothing of substance on the topic - hence "drama queen". Somehow you inferred this to mean an attack on Iran?

The war in Iraq has already cost trillions, and the private contractors are there thanks to the previous administration. Ending the combat mission is precisely what was needed.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I like Ron Paul. He is right, we shouldn't be there. We can't win. The best way to win is to save ourselves and hope that our influence spreads through diplomacy and trade.

Bring our troops home from the middle east. They don't want us. You want the oil there? Stop killing their people. Stop killing our people.

The best way to get what you want is through diplomacy. War today is not like war back when this country began, it is much more high-stake. Wars cannot simply be won with insurgency anymore.

Leave.
Cut military budget down to the bare necessities.
Focus on our home and our people.

This is the only way things will get better.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   

What I saw was wildly speculative ranting on your part and nothing of substance on the topic - hence "drama queen". Somehow you inferred this to mean an attack on Iran?

It's a conspiracy site if you didn't know
Also no personal attacks please, I realize people tend to do this when they have no argument to give but that's a washed up tactic now.

and the private contractors are there thanks to the previous administration. Ending the combat mission is precisely what was needed.

You just contradicted yourself, you admitted contractors are there but then ended up by saying the combat mission needed to be ended.

Also even if they are there thanks to the previous administration they are STILL there and increasing in number thanks to the CURRENT adminitration!

I suppose Bush also forced Obama to make all those executive orders too eh?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
The basis for this Fox garbage is that the cost of the war will escalate due to an increase of private contractors - in place of the returning troops.

No. 1: Obama has not increased private contractors - pure speculation on RP and Fox's part.

No. 2: Ending the combat mission and drawing down 110,000 troops is a HUGE reduction in cost. Absurdly absent in the Fox commentary.

No. 3: Combat brigades and missions are far more expensive than maintaining 50,000 troops at a base. Two completely different animals. Let the Iraqis fight their own war from now on.

No. 4: Ending the combat mission and allowing those troops to come home (and get out of harm's way) is the FIRST good decision in the 7 years of this completely pointless war.

Just my .02

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

True, my apologies MA for coming across as heated. I read your posts regularly and usually find myself in agreement with them.

I took umbrage with this one based on the distortion courtesy of Fox. RP speculated costs could go up IF an increase in private contractors is made - which, again, is pure speculation. No such increase has been made or even proposed. Fox took it as another chance to snipe at Obama over his "bad decision".

You just contradicted yourself, you admitted contractors are there but then ended up by saying the combat mission needed to be ended.

Not really a contradiction, since the basis for this op-ed piece is that an increase in contractors would escalate costs. That's not to say we don't already have Xe/Blackwater contractors present.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Private contractor levels have been steadily decreasing for the last 5 quarters according to the Congressional Research Service.

As of March 2010, there were 95,461 DOD contractor personnel in Iraq compared to approximately 95,900 uniformed personnel in-country. Despite fluctuations throughout the last seven quarters, troop and contractor levels have remained relatively equal. Contractors made up approximately 50% of the Pentagon's workforce in Iraq as of the second quarter of 2010. Overall contractor and troop levels have decreased for five consecutive quarters at similar rates.

middleeast.about.com...

Doesn't exactly jibe with what Fox is shoveling...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

That's great if we had actually ended combat operations but we haven't. I think it was said pretty eloquently on another thread here that armed Westerners (ie Green Berets) that will be entrenched in the country indefinitely is hardly what I would call the end of combat operations. Using demogagy to try to trick the American people into thinking that combat operations have ended is ridiculous. This didn't work for King Geroge the 2nd when he made that really just dumb statement "Mission Accomplished".

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Here is some more truth for you concerning Obama, Contractors, and "Combat Troop Withdrawl"

Inconvenient Truth #1

Inconvenient Truth #2

Inconvenient Truth #3

[edit on 2-9-2010 by justinsweatt]

new topics

top topics

join