It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Ouija Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by oleus

why not?
If you have a person story please share

edit

sorry to be away from the thread so long there I went out for a smoke and witnessed a huge Jewel Spider roll up a fly and carry it back to it's little nest in my eavestrough.... Im scarred

[edit on 2-9-2010 by GummB]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I dont know the history of the board but I have used it several times. And I've tried using it alone many times with no real effect.

last time it worked (it hasn't every-time) it was 3 people including myself. The speculation about what had happened only came afterwards when the spirit said goodbye and quit moving the board piece. It produced whole sentences directly answering our questions, and spelled out words we had no idea to spell. Once we checked the spelling of the words and realized that none of us could spell them remotely close- thats when we all started to think about it. Since then its never been able to work for me. I suppose because I can't let go enough to be open to channeling or whatever is going on.

Im not christian so as I do not believe in biblical hell there was no reason to fear sinning or whatever. Although one entity claimed to be dead but from what I could tell, also lied to us. It's a scary experience sometimes but because it MAY work and seemed to have, it's worth it to at least check out.

My experiences has left me to speculate, though I dont know of course...

You may be channeling entities, but those entities might not be ghosts but at least fully aware or their surroundings like you and I. It's almost like its an opportunity for someone to play a game with you, rather than a game you play with them. Whether they be from the other side of life or a different plane of existence, they are still individuals. Speak english, taunt, give facts, have opinions....

It's easy if you are a closed minded person for it not have worked. Its also easy for someone who hasnt tried it to tell you how it works.

Christains say dont try it. But it's kind of like being at war with a nation and never opening diplomatic relations before everyone is exterminated. Bad example but same mentality.

If you can be open, you can have a conversation with an entity that isnt in our plane of reality. And then you can tell us what was said!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
double post....

[edit on 9/2/2010 by SeekerForLight]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Well you will probably get a lot more mental stimulation from doing a crossword to be honest.

If you want to have the most fun with it. Watch "The Exorcist" first, then light a few candles, put some incense around, draw a few pentagrams on the floor sit with your back facing an open window and try to summon captain howdy

(ps:
I am not in any way qualified to give advice about summoning spirits or entities of any description including but not limited to Jinns Demons Elementals or lost souls.
Spirits are summoned at your own risk and the poster accepts no responsibility for demonic possession or any damages incurred to yourself or your property caused by following the above advice
If in doubt consult your local church for advice)

(pps:
Candles left unattended can cause fires resulting in loss of life or severe injury)

(ppps:
burning incense in an enclosed environment can lead to the build up of dangerous levels of carcinogens)

[edit on 2-9-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

lol

very informative, I am looking to enjoy the experience and hopefully have some interesting result.
I am in no way going to make a joke out of it, I am not religious in any way but it doesn't mean that my belief’s are right.
Hence the reason for the experiment, also I would like to think I am quite open minded.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Well as silly as my last post was I was half being serious. If your going to do it to see if it works then your not going to get any answers from simple things like a glass moving while you are touching it, as that can be explained away by other things like the ideomotor response etc.
Your going to need something more spectacular then that to prove it to yourself.

So if your going to do it then you might as well go for it as hard as you can and see if you can get anything really spectacular to happen.

Plus it will make more interesting reading when you report back

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by clever024
reply to post by oleus

why is your opinion valid? what is your experience with the board if any? It's a tool just like any other which is harmless unless you start invinting entities to use you as a host. if your a Christian theologist then you know the power is in the name of Christ and you can rebuke any spirit. simple as that!

my opinion is just that, my opinion, which is why i prefaced my warning with that. I have not tried the board myself but have had several friends over the last 2 decades who have, and more often than not, using the "harmless tool" seems to always eventually coincide with the introduction of bad energy into a situation, home, life, etc, no matter WHAT the intention (fun, or more serious) or how "protected" the individual believed they were.

i'm pretty open minded about what's going on with it and would not profess to have an actual "belief" as to what is going on, except for the fact that SOMETHING is going....that may sound ridiculous, i've just known too many people who have had crazy things start happening in their homes and in their lives after using it.

i second the suggestion by a previous poster to instead focus on learning dowsing techniques and pendulums if they really want to have some esoteric fun.

just my opinion. i would still vote for "don't do it". but i can see the appeal, trust me.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
Well as silly as my last post was I was half being serious. If your going to do it to see if it works then your not going to get any answers from simple things like a glass moving while you are touching it, as that can be explained away by other things like the ideomotor response etc.
Your going to need something more spectacular then that to prove it to yourself.

So if your going to do it then you might as well go for it as hard as you can and see if you can get anything really spectacular to happen.

Plus it will make more interesting reading when you report back

agreed - if you understand the risks and are looking to see if it "works" you might as well go at it full on, because then you will have no doubt that *something* is "working".

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

If your going to do it to see if it works then your not going to get any answers from simple things like a glass moving while you are touching it, as that can be explained away by other things like the ideomotor response etc.

Just a note. I think responses when you try it by yourself are unreliable because it's difficult for you to completely give up your expectations about where the pointer will slide. If there's at least one other person there, then you are not going to be quite sure where the pointer will go, and so you're more open to suggestion and interpretation.

As for anything being "explained away" by ideomotor responses, that's like saying your "subconscious" or your "imagination" is responsible, but without explaining where your subconscious or imagination comes up with the initial impetus. Sure, our muscles tend to move by themselves, but they generally don't move in patterns unless something is guiding them. But what something is that? What makes us choose or focus on one thing over another? Is the influence internal or external? Or is there a difference?

Maybe it's a bit much to say that demons or other entities guide your thoughts and your hands when you use a OUIJA board, but it's just as explanatory as saying autonomic nerve responses are responsible. One explanation just uses more scientific-sounding terms for the unknown process.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I've used the board on multiple occasions and nothing interesting ever happened. It's a fun game to do with friends after a night of drinking and smoking, esp when you plan ahead to move it on them to give em all a scare.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Our imaginations can't come up with things without being guided by something?

How do people write books and music then?

You say that it's guided by your unconscious and imagination and then ask where the impetus comes from, you just answered your own question, it comes from your imagination.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Thanks to all for the reply's... I have decided that tonight will be my night to try. I will report back tomorrow morning with my results.

Although I am doing this purely for my own enjoyment and clarification of paranormal activity I am still very open to the real possibilities. As I said before I am in no way planning to make a game or joke out of it. If nothing happens for me it doesn't mean in is all fake, not everything works first try or for everyone.

I will light the incense as well, just something I think could have an interesting effect. Smoke patterns have always intrigued me, something as small as slowly walking past can completely change the smokes serenity..

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I can't get a ouija to work when I'm by myself. My sisters used to get the ouija to move by itself. They didn't need to touch it. Rather, they touched it to get it started but then it would keep moving when they took their hands off of it. If I ever have the chance to use it when I'm with someone else, it would be nice to have at least two other people to work it. I speak german and would like to be the one to pose the questions in german, which the others probably wouldn't understand, and they have their hands on the planchette. If the answers made any sense at all, in english or german, besides yes and no, then we would know if ...someone...else was answering. If we got a demon or Satan, then I'm pretty sure that they would understand german. And there are no shortage of dead germans, even in my family, and at least some of them didn't necessarily go to heaven. I'm certain that we could find someone to "talk" to. Especially since I don't think it's the language spoken that matters. I'm pretty sure that the beings on the other side understand every language. It's the thought that counts.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Well so far this was a waste of time... turns out when my room mates moved the took all the shot glasses so I ended up using an old coin I got in Scotland but to no success.

I haven't given up hopes completely however this experience felt like it was completely lacking any thing... I felt completely alone the entire time I was with the board. Any recommendations?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
You need to use something as a planchette that has as little friction as possible on the surface you are using for the board.
It doesn't necessarily have to be a glass, anything that slides easily. Also polish the table / board / whatever with some kind of shiny plasticized furniture polish.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
thanks... I felt like it just wasn't right at all. I will try and round up some more suitable materials to construct a board and planchette. Hopefully I can get some better results next time

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

You say that it's guided by your unconscious and imagination and then ask where the impetus comes from, you just answered your own question, it comes from your imagination.

Yeah, but what is that, exactly? What is "imagination?" An idea or notion that pops up in your head out of "nowhere?" I'm not even sure I know what that means.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GummB

You should just buy one from ebay, you can get them for less then $10 and you don't have to go around finding materials.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Personally, I think of an Ouija board like this. Let's say you want to conjure a demon. Either it can't be done or if you do it you may very well end up being its victim. It's a lose/lose proposition. If Ouija boards are our own subconscious at work, fine. If it's contact with the other side...... you really don't know much about the other side other than maybe....Granny is there? Etc., etc. So if you make contact with something dangerous posing as a loved one, you may be harmed in some way. Seems silly to me.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join