It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Easy Ouija Questions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ouija Boards

So I have read just about every thread I have came across on this subject and countless other sources, yet I still have question's that I feel I "need" answer's to before I attempt any thing.

First of all I do not and never have owned a Ouija Board.

My questions are basically this...

Why do you need a group, it can't be done alone or it just isn't recommended?
Has anyone tried?

How would you as my Ouija advisor go about construct a Ouija Board of your own? I'm not talking about a marker, cardboard, and a guitar pick... I mean before the parker brother's what was the recipe for Ouija?

And some story’s of your own are more than welcome, keep in mind if you posted it before I've probably read it before.

Basically my long term goal is simple, non-threatening conclusive proof of paranormal phenomena for me

[edit on 2-9-2010 by GummB]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
personally i use a folder with A-Z 1-0 and some other symbols such as ? . , - + = on it. For a cursor i use a shot glass. It can be done alone, but you must be relaxed and clear minded. I wouldn't advise using it because some of the answers it gives you can be scary, but its quite fun, I use it every day personally out of boredom. It can teach you many things.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by clever024

It seems to my the is a lot of hype but it is when people start asking deeply about these "scary' responses that it goes bad. That's when the board take's control.. correct my if im wrong... but with a positive attitude and willpower it is harmless.

also when you do it alone do you touch your shot glass or does it move on it's own when you ask?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
i gently put 2 fingers on the shot glass. I ask deeper about the "scary" questions because I fear not the board or knowledge. Attitude has nothing to do with the responses as it is not you responding, its a force that acts through you

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
You are the one moving the cursor, there is nothing supernatural going on.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I've never had one of these creations answer me.

I guess I must not be very attractive to spirits. My mother's boyfriend told me some story that he used one once and it fired across the room and smashed a glass or some such. Mind you, he also thought a lot of dumb things ... he died jumping off a boat when someone dropped a crate of disarmed missiles. He thought they were going to blow.

Not saying I totally disbelieve everything, but I always thought they were products of group psychology?

Is there some trick other than being clear minded to have a result?

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Pinke]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

sorry for your loss but that is kind of a funny story...
I personally think if it isn't really a spirit then it is entirely in the person's head... but i haven't tried so who am I to say

i actually started this thread for another reason... my room mate just moved out but he lived in this house his entire life. He has all kinds of wild story's, and some are quite scary but almost unbelievable.

I lived with him for like 8 months and never witness anything personally so is it all in the person's head?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by GummB

The Ouija board was halfway intended to be a kind of racy Victorian parlor game that allowed young men and ladies to sit and touch knees (scandalous!) and hands.

It can be done alone, but it doesn't work as well. For solitary work, you can use a pendulum or small dowsing rod and get the same effect. Namely, sorcery.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Whyhi

thanks for the vid

second

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

haha.. what better way to get a girl close than get her scared

I'll look into those other method's.. i always asummed sorcery was pretty much bogus. Not calling you ful of it or anything but what are some result's you have achieved via these method's and how would it differ from constructing a board out of a folder?
Are the materials for those method's as easily available or do i need to go shopping?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

Has anyone tried?

You need a group because if it was just yourself, you would know that you are the one moving the "puck". With a group of people, you can easily be fooled by whoever decides to move the puck and there is always that person.

Anyway, I think I played the game as a child and yes, I was the one moving the little puck, as were a few others I'm sure. It was pretty fun to watch my friends become completely psyched. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if we all were moving that thing, lol.

--airspoon

[edit on 2-9-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I have used Ouija board on my own once or twice,my grandmother had one and I would sometimes sneak off and play with it , it was when I was about 8 or 9.

The planchette moved and at the time I did think it was moving on it's own, I didn't get any startling messages, it just randomly moved around, I wasn't contacted by a demon, I didn't get possessed and no one died.

I have to say that now I put it down to the ideomotor response, although I know there is no convincing many of that so I'm not going to try.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

that was what i thought that rule was all about, the people who are probably the biggest hoaxer’s are those that advise against any use because it is dangerous. Unless they are there to "control" it
bs I think, that's reason 2 I don't own one. I don't want to waste $10

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
wow that bull# episode was halarious, my Ouija experiences are nothing like that. i get full sentence and I actually feel my planchette being pulled If it doesnt work for you, oh well, your loss.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

we'll i have yet to try it and being as your method is free it will probably be the one I choose. Now the group thing I am very skeptical about but alone there is only proof for myself.
If I really feel it pull the weight of a shot glass across my table and spell something I will surely be convinced.
To you recommend any additions to the board or your surrounding's?
ie. incense, protective circles, symbols

I think incense around the room would be interesting to see any change in air patterns.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
nope, i do it any time of day, no candles, no inscense nothing. start off with simple questions such as "is anyone there" "who are you" dont try to get specific people to start with if you want to try. try whatever your comfortable with, to each their own.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by clever024]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   

thanks for the tips... It is a long weekend coming up so I will try something this weekend, probably around 3am to increase any possible spookiness.
Maybe I'll even film a little for fun, who knows what might come out.

I always scare myself before hand with stuff like that, imagine watching the film after and seeing some scary ass spirit just creeping behind you or something.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by GummB

its better not to get all worked up, a clear mind is a relaxed mind. you want to be relaxed when you do it. if you are too tense the planchette doesnt want to move because you may be holding it too firmly. some people attribute ideomoter skills to the moving of the planchette, however, if it was ideomotor skills people wouldnt be contacted by some of the bizzarest "entities" out there. all those boards sold, theres gotta be something to it and I have had my proof through personal experience.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
my opinion :

DON'T DO IT!!!

play a crossword puzzle or some sudoku

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by oleus

why is your opinion valid? what is your experience with the board if any? It's a tool just like any other which is harmless unless you start invinting entities to use you as a host. if your a Christian theologist then you know the power is in the name of Christ and you can rebuke any spirit. simple as that!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join