It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WEIRD DREAM! Are we all interconnected?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Ok this just happened last night and it freaked me out. In my dream I was at an amusement park. I went with some friends, and realise they left and my car was at my friends house instead of the amusement park, so I needed to call someone to get me out. So I called some people (it is really hard to dial numbers correctly while sleeping by the way) and could not get the correct number. Finally I got my sisters number, and I call her and she said SHES SLEEPING and not to call her. Now I wouldn’t call my sister in reality as I live over 1000 km away from her. Now here’s the weird part, I was talking to her over the phone today, and she said quote by quote "I swear you tried to call me today saying you were stuck at wonderland, maybe I was sleeping I dunno" (the amusement park in my dream). After I heard that I just felt weird and transcended; a true paranormal experience in my experience. She then laughed and said” I must have been dreaming”. Could this show that dreaming is interconnected? Seriously, I have never had an experience like this; you cannot call this coincidence can you? It was just so weird.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
all humans are interconnected in 1 way or another, freinds n family more so

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I don't have the time to source it right now but your story sounds a lot like lucid dreaming. There was a scientist (or possibly a psuedo scientist) a hundred, or so years ago who did a lot of experimentation along these lines.

ETA: I do have time to source the Wiki page.

[edit on 9/2/10 by Hefficide]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I am starting to think that. I was always a skeptic with the paranormal and still am. But this was just an amazing experience. I could not believe what she said, when I called her. It was one of those moments when everything sort of went still and you felt energized and enlightened. It was amazing.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

See though it wasn’t lucid dreaming though, I wasn’t consciously in control of my dream (if I was I would of just flew home
)

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

In one of the books I read on the subject, there were cases where people would meet, in dreams, and then later both parties would recount that their individual dream experiences did, indeed mesh.

If I'm not mistaken this phenomenon is what caused the research into lucid dreaming to start. The notion that if two parties could accidentally share a dream, then they should also be able to deliberately do so.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Thanks for the link Heff; Ill look into it

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 187nwo
all humans are interconnected in 1 way or another, freinds n family more so

several people have several terms for this connection...

the Matrix
the Field...................Taggert
the Hall-of-Records...Cayce
Universal Consciousness
the Noosphere
the Astral World
the Ether

the pseudo-scientific hypothesis called the '100th monkey Principle'
is very much linked to 'connectivity' between primates & by extension humans as a seperate group ...
with no barriers such as distance or time.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by St Udio]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

That is truly amazing, and interesting. It gave me goose pimples when you said what your sister told you... I've never experienced anything like that, but to happen to a skeptic kind of makes you think, doesn't it?

Weird.

[edit on 9/2/2010 by hhcore]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
When I was younger, my sister and I shared a dream about an island, and a volcano exploding. There was also weird specific stuff that we both remember like seeing a harley and going into an icecream shop only to realize we didn't have any money. That was the only time we ever recount having the same dream, and I know it was real.

I am of the belief that dreamland is kinda like The Matrix, and if you can learn how to be Neo, you can help to wake up the Agent Smiths. Try it, just start telling people in your dreams that they need to WAKE UP and look at the world we're living in and where we're headed.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:03 PM
link   

I'm trying to find the info on the 'Net but the closest thing I've come across is the term "mutual dreaming".

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by hhcore

I am not so much closed minded, were I need to find a materialist point of view to make me happy. Just a skeptic in a sense that I need to re evaluate what happened, and seek different alternatives then just thinking something mystical happened. But this experience was just truly unique, I could not think of anything else besides being connected somehow.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
That's pretty crazy man... of course I'll have to ask that you did check your phone to see if you weren't sleep dialing... my girlfriend does that every now and then and will talk to me over the phone in her sleep only to realize it the next day when she has some vague recollection of talking to me but thinking it was a dream. Otherwise I have always been interested in lucid dreaming and seeing if making a dream connection with another individual is actually possible.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Vicious Jones]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Vicious Jones

O trust me that was one of the first things I checked. I wasn’t even close to a phone. I was thinking coincidence, but common what are the chances that she had a dream of me calling her wanting to to leave wonderland.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The weirdest dream I've ever read is that of a woman that goes in a restaurant with her husband and they see on tv the 9/11 attacks.
Than she goes back in the car to sleep.
She starts dreaming, in the dream she enters the restaurant with the husband and nothing important is happening on tv.
In the dream she goes back to sleep in the car and she dreams she enters the restaurant with the husband and she sees the attacks on tv.
Than in the dream, she wakes up laughing about the weird dream...

Than she ACTUALLY wakes up and the attacks are real...

I believe dreams show other universes...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I believe this is possible. I have never experienced this - not to this extent anyhow but I wanted to share what stood out to me.

The difficulty dialing and communicating you experienced in the dream - did it seem as if you were 'half asleep' in this part of the dream (as opposed to being in a more 'waking' state during the other parts)?

I have experienced dreams in which I was trying to talk to somebody - either over the phone or face to face - and one (or both) of us seemed to be mostly asleep. Slurring and unable to understand each other.

The next time it happens I'll try to contact the person the next day to see if they remember anything.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Thanks for sharing your story. If lucid dreaming is real, then based on my dreams, we are going to be entering wonderland soon as a whole. The change is upon us. While we might not have a direction yet as a whole, we realize our system we have designed no longer suites our needs and it is our job to dismantle and correct the system to one the benefits all.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Have you considered the possibility that you actually did phone her in your sleep, and that she is discounting it as a dream because it just seems to weird to think about.

There are thousands of cases of people doing all kinds of odd things while they are sleeping including driving, cooking having sex and even putting up curtains.

Do you get an itemized phone bill? You could easily check

[edit on 2-9-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
ADDENDUM:

In answer to your question, the more I read about lucid dreaming and out-of-body experiences, the more I believe that ALL DREAMS are shared experiences; or at least not entirely internal/solitary.

I think they're like channels we 'join'; with different levels of interaction with the others there, who may or may not be experiencing varied levels of lucidity.

I think that we influence the environment of these channels with imagery from our own subconscious, but that there are sets of rules based on an unspoken agreement among the dreamers. For instance - I have dreams in which I become lucid and can do almost anything I want. I can fly, but if I try to attack anyone I'm stopped by some kind of invisible force.

I have dreamed about 'real' locations, but they often have features that I know don't actually exist. I used to think this meant that the whole thing was merely a dream - coming from my own psyche. But now - I think it's both. It's like sleepwalking. You may see a version of your actual surroundings, but in this state of consciousness, there might be pinball machines everywhere, etc.

So I'm starting to doubt that any dreams are 100% internal. I think you do 'receive' info during your dreams. The usefulness of the info is for another thread, but I do think we're connected.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

There is no way anyone can actually interact with another person in dreams. It just can't happen. I'm sure what does happen a lot is coincidence coupled with selective memory and the true desire to experience something amazing. Mix em up and you've got quite the tale

top topics

<<   2 >>

join