It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Plastic Men Destroyed In Online Poll

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Anti-Fascist Historian/Economist/Best Selling Author, Tom Woods, comments on a recent Des Moines Register poll that asks who the GOP presidential candidate should be for 2012:

With the exception of Ron Paul, this Iowa poll is an establishment fest. Oooh, you mean I might get a chance to vote for that great statesman Tim Pawlenty for the Republican nomination in 2012? How will I ever choose between Pawlenty and Rick Santorum? Or between deep thinkers Mitt Romney and Mike Huckabee? After eight years of a GOP plastic man, I’ll scratch my head and wonder how such a “conservative” could have expanded the federal government so relentlessly. Oh, well — there will be more plastic men to choose from in 2020!

As of 9/2/2010, the poll has Dr. Paul holding 64% of the total vote out of ten possible candidate choices.

Clicking through the poll links to the actual host of the poll, I found some interesting comments left by the poll takers.

Here is one I found particularly awesome. Since the poll comments do not allow for paragraph breaks, I have added paragraph breaks to the original post to make it more readable.

Dr. E, Robbins writes:

I take Ron Paul seriously and I am a doctor.

It wasn’t until my son started talking to me about Dr. Paul and as pragmatic and dismissive as I am at times, he finally convinced me to examine him through his YouTube videos and I found myself waking up from a bad dream realizing that I was the fool all along for supporting the likes of John McCain and falling in the Sarah Palin love fest hysteria.

It is very easy to understand Congressman Paul’s message for it resonates what is great about our nation and unites people from both political parties and I am a true believer that Ron Paul can win in 2012 if the other rigid souls like myself stop listening to the chatter from talking heads in our media and start to do a great deal of soul searching to see the brilliance in his philosophy.

Let me explain to you that Ron Paul was right about the economic collapse as he had warned the people for years about the housing and our current asset bubbles. Each time he has spoken, his wisdom embodies a sense of humility and reason that will overcome the grasp of evil that has controlled us by playing on our basic emotion of fear. I find myself constantly reading blogs every single time an article is written about Dr. Paul just to achieve a greater understanding of the pulse of the people and oftentimes I am humored hearing words like “isolationist” when describing Dr. Paul’s foreign affairs even though his ideas has been supported by more active members of the military than all other candidates combined during the 2008 Presidential campaign.

more at link.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by mnemeth1]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Ron Paul is a true leader and a uniter....he's still a politican, so don't turn your back on him, but ill give him credit.

Only a guy like Ron Paul could exist to give reason for me to agree on anything with someone like the OP.

I hope he gets the nomination. I really do.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Tim Pawlenty - Shill
Rick Santorum - Shill
Mitt Romney - Shill
Mike Huckabee - Shill (but a nice guy)
Sarah Palin - Shill (and a nut)
Glenn Beck - Nut

Ron Paul - An honest to God tough as nails AMERICAN who truly believes in FREEDOM and WILL STRAIGHTEN THIS COUNTRY OUT in a heartbeat...

The GOP will do to Paul what's it's done in the past - marginalize him and and keep him out of the running, so they can get their corporate shills in place.

VOTE PAUL, and don't take no for an answer.

We HAD the chance last time around, and what did we get? MaCain and Palin? THAT'S who the GOP nominated???? 2012 will be Paul's last chance, don't mess it up.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I have been a Paul fan for a long time and I was excited to see him lock onto the RP. Since his running with the RP, he has gained a large follwing with the younger folks, which was a sight for sore eyes. Hw would have never been able to achieve the same popularity, had he stayed with the libertarian movement. Although I consider myself to be a libertarian, I'm actually very supportive of Ron Paul in the Republican Party, as it puts the roots of the party into context. What really struck me, is Paul's popularity, in spite of the MSM putting him on ignore and the Republican party blockaiding his attempts to debate and speak during the '08 elections. That is a huge indicator of the resonance of his message.

--airspoon

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I predict that he will never be nominated and will never be president.Simple....theres too much control of the goverment by the corporate/capitalist/conscienceless elite.
I expect the marginalisation of Dr.Paul again this time around.
Oh theyll manufacture distractions etc, but theyll get him out of the running early....nuff said

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

I like Ron Paul quite a lot. I've known about him and listened to what he has said for many years. Quite the opposite of Obama, who I never heard of before he became president. I'm not Obama-bashing...just stating a point that he is a mystery person in my opinion.

I would vote Hell Yes to Ron Paul!!!! He's a REAL leader.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Seti_Starr]

new topics

top topics

join