It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig explodes in gulf of mexico 9-2-10

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

We don't even know what caused this fire/explosion. We don't even know what caused the Deepwater explosion (likely never will). So to say it is environmental terrorism is not accurate really. Though given the proximity in both time and location of these rigs/platforms/wells, it is hard for me to say this is a coincidence. I mean this is like hitting the lottery 2 times in a row, consecutively, at least in terms of the odds.

Also I find it a bit odd that this happens on the day BP is removing the capping stack and BOP from the damaged Deepwater well. I also find it odd that the Coast Guard CONFIRMED the sheen, and now its not there. A 1 mile long, 100 foot wide sheen does not just vanish, dispersant or not. So if this is a coincidence, I am playing the lottery tonight.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I wonder did the evil Dr.Octopuss blow up the wrong well by mistake? There were 7 active wells in the area but he picked the wrong one.
The mile long spill has vanished.

NEW ORLEANS, La. -- The Coast Guard is backing off its earlier report that an oil sheen about a mile long was spreading following a platform explosion in the Gulf of Mexico.

Coast Guard Cmdr. Cheri Ben-Iesau said Thursday afternoon that crews was unable to confirm the oil sheen. The Coast Guard says platform owner Mariner Energy reported a sheen about a mile long and 100 feet wide. But the company has said in a statement that an initial flyover didn't find an oil spill.

www.foxnews.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takamuri

The conspiracy nuts are going to love this one.

what an odd thing to say. You do know what site you are on, don't you?

this does seam very strange, guess safety is not a primary concern for oil rigs

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Shut down all oil rigs immediately! If we cannot ensure the safety for life on earth then we shouldn't "bite off more than we can chew"

I will contact sources to confirm this explosion of the oil rig, we must cease all oil mining operations while we still have a chance to save this planet.

Many aquaic life forms have perished because of manmade oil rigs, if we continue down this path will only lead to self-destruction, i am starting to wonder if this is intenional, that somebody wants the oceans to die off

"some men just want to see the world burn" and in this case i think its true.

EDIT: Life shouldn't die because we want MONEY, wtf is money anyway? IT DOESN'T EXIST ONLY IN YOUR HEADS!

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Anthony1138]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Ye this is my take on it too. Like you say we dont really know, but why I posted it, was because nobody else had said it, and in honesty with the enemies the USA have gained, I would put environmental terrorism as you put as an option.

But environmental terrorism that is not about attacking the country politically, but as a means to an end, in that a sort of change in perspective comes about in the minds of the population, that will hopefully bring about change for the people.

[edit on 2/9/10 by multichild]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadpoolPete

what an odd thing to say. You do know what site you are on, don't you?

this does seam very strange, guess safety is not a primary concern for oil rigs

Well he could be referring to the... more eccentric of the crowd

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by multichild

Very true. But that is something that will take a few more massive explosions to really shake the minds of Americans. For all most of us know (American), the oil spill is done and over with and there is nothing to worry about. I hate to say it but this seems like how this situation is being played out as well.

I also want to point out what others have. There is HUGE money to be made in disasters like this. The amount of equipment that was and is being used, in terms of cost, at the Deepwater site is enormous. It would not surprise me if influential people just said to heck with it and can use this and other major disasters as an excuse that created jobs. As long as there is oil, there will be people to clean it up. I fear that the oil we cannot see already entered the Gulf Stream and is on it's way around the east coast. And these hurricanes could make that situation worse than it already is.

Who or what is responsible, the possibilities are endless, and we may never know or be told who is to blame. There will be non-binding congressional hearings where everyone will blame someone else, or not even testify at all. The fact that safety is not of a concern to these people means that what little regulation there is on these rigs is being ignored. That in itself is criminal for all those involved, but they will never see light from a jail cell. So in a way these people are the terrorists. Technically they are all at fault, big oil, government, etc. If anything they should go to jail first.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Anthony1138

Woah man slow down

Accidents happen.

Here is some logic for you... People can be injured or killed driving or riding in a car. Cars cause air polution and when wrecked call leak gas, oil and other fluids into the enviroment.

So in response to the risk Government should ban all cars until a point in time that we can ensure everyones safety.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by 1curious1

No, this rig is much closer to land and further away from the previous incident. What is interesting, is the eyewitness report. The explosion was so huge it threw 13 people into the water - a rather powerful blast.

The people probably heard and saw the explosion, didn't know what it was, and deemed it more safe in the water (and probably in a small boat or flotation device). Especially after the last explosion on a rig cost people their lives.

I am of a thought that maybe it was shut down, and a goup of people went there to reenact or create a test for some hypothesis concerning the BP drill platform explosion. I am not going to postulate on who they were as of yet.

Edit for poor spelling

Edit: Postulate? postulate on? Oh well, I use words wrong all the time, sorry guys.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Tempest333]

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Tempest333]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by infinite
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Of course, kind sir, but two explosions on a rig - in the same area - in less then five months? Either my American cousins are cutting back on health and safety - and allowing inexperienced and inept workers on the rigs - or this is rather "planned"

The original Skynews report, suggested the workers were in safety suits in the water (to protect them for the oil). Even though the explosion apparently blow everyone off the platform instantly...... And the explosion occurred, without warning,

[edit on 2-9-2010 by infinite]

True true. But I don't think the Card game really predicated anything.

Still kind of interesting though

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
'

Originally posted by triplescorpio
reply to post by canadiansenior70

at the risk of derailing my own thread seriously haarp / drones i am deeply confused please ellaborate?

thank you

In the US, the technology is being perfected under the High-frequency Active Aural Research Program (HAARP) as part of the ("Star Wars") Strategic Defence Initiative (SDI). Recent scientific evidence suggests that HAARP is fully operational and has the ability of potentially triggering floods, droughts, hurricanes and earthquakes.

In addition to weather manipulation, HAARP has a number of related uses: "HAARP could contribute to climate change by intensively bombarding the atmosphere with high-frequency rays. Returning low-frequency waves at high intensity could also affect people's brains, and effects on tectonic movements cannot be ruled out. (11).

www.fromthewilderness.com...

Many sites when one googles, for very scientific info… that goes over my head.

peaceinspace.blogs.com...

All 4 9-11 planes were lost from radar for a long enough time to then be replaced by remote controlled ‘drones’ with no persons on board. The original planes were likely taken somewhere to dispose of passengers. NO plane struck the pentagon and there are witnesses to a flyover of flight 77

Flight 175, the second plane at the twins has been viewed as a ‘cargo plane’. Who really saw Flight 11? A sound was heard but there is only one picture. Flight 93 has varying stories about where it was shot down, or did it land in Cleveland along with another plane, a Delta.

To be so exact in striking the targets, not one of those Muslim extremists… who are still alive?.. could be counted on to be that accurate.
.... It was remote control and possibility of a beam from HAARP.

Hurricane Karina, I understand had stopped and all was well until suddenly New Orleans was flooded, and it was spotted that the dikes had been ‘manipulated’ .

JMO

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Can we all agree that whether or not the oil companies are evil and destroying the environment, they provide us with a product we need (for now)? With that being said, there's definately something suspicious going on here. Rig explosions and oil spills up until recently weren't very common. I believe the last spill worth noting was almost 20 years ago. This could be a force of nature, such as highly flamable pockets of methane in the gulf. It could also be (forgive me for the stretch) eco-terrorists sabotaging oil rigs to draw public attention to the potentially damaging effects of oil on the environment. I find this unlikely, because that would be a very "the ends justify the means" approach and while eco-terrorists have little regard for human lives, I doubt they would purposefully # an eco-system to make a point. I think the most likely (still a stretch) conspiracy is that some group is destroying the wells to cause a moratorium and ultimately a gas shortage to weaken our allready brittle economy. Or maybe we're just looking for a conspiracy and a bunch of rigs are exploding. Regardless, I think the ban on offshore drilling needs to be lifted. That ban was put in place by rich douchebags who live on the beaches who don't want oil rigs in their line of sight. The fact that the BP oil rig was so deep is what made it so hard to fix, had it been closer to shore, the incident wouldn't have been so horrendous and would've been much easier to fix. If we're going to have a moratorium we should drill somewhere where the rigs aren't blowing up like California or Alaska. No matter what choice of action, oil company lobbyists (or any lobbyist for that matter) need to be turned away at the door wherever they show up and we need to find an alternative energy source ASAP!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I would imagine that there is that much Corexit in the Gulf at the moment it has probably dispersed the 'Oil Sheen' already

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by StarTraveller
I would imagine that there is that much Corexit in the Gulf at the moment it has probably dispersed the 'Oil Sheen' already

Well lets say the leak was not from a well source. Lets say it was what they had "stored" on board. A quick run over it with say 6 or 7 helicopters (the amount they flew in to help) filled with the dispersant, could have done the job before anyone noticed it beyond the coast guard. Either that or it "dissolved and evaporated." Or them darn oil eating bacteria that seem to be immune to the dispersant (the only known thing immune to it). Everyone better check their pools again.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Is this rig owned by a US company? If so, I will be watching w8ith interest to see Obamas reaction to the situation. I wonder if they'll force a US company to have to shell out $2 billion in clean-up costs?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by canadiansenior70

Couldn't you have just told him about HAARP and left it at that? Not wanting to be mean or anything but we don't want to start any flame wars here

I doubt HAARP had anything to do with this. There are to many holes in the story that are yet to be filled. Like What were they doing on an unused oil rig (Maintenance??? Does anyone have a date this thing shut down?) Saboteurs? But that's unlikely cause if they were Eco-terrorists then they wouldn't make any mess that would effect the environment. Or the possibility that this was done by the companies isn't too far fetched either, under the circumstances.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Here we go again...

Aren't you on the wrong web forum then?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
i think, you guys like me are waiting videos from new accident
pause shows new miserable attempts to conceal actual picture

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind
darn you beat me to it by a couple of minutes. I fear this is going to give obama leaverge to place a longer ban on offshore drilling.

And would that be bad?

I mean, if we're concerned about these things from happening, then would addressing the cause be a bit constructive?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Takamuri

You're pretty much preaching to the choir. Why do you we're all posting here?

[edit on 2-9-2010 by The Sword]

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join