It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig explodes in gulf of mexico 9-2-10

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

Of course, kind sir, but two explosions on a rig - in the same area - in less then five months? Either my American cousins are cutting back on health and safety - and allowing inexperienced and inept workers on the rigs - or this is rather "planned"

The original Skynews report, suggested the workers were in safety suits in the water (to protect them for the oil). Even though the explosion apparently blow everyone off the platform instantly...... And the explosion occurred, without warning,

[edit on 2-9-2010 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I don't know if these factors have anything to do with anything but found them interesting...

- Investigations from different law offices from April 15-19 (right before Deepwater) link

- The fact that the press releases of the investigations are now unavailable

- What happened to their shares yesterday?? Random spike link

Could be something...maybe nothing

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
The platform is over Eugene Island, that is a submerged geological feature , underwater mountain, 80 miles off the coasts of Louisiana.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
And we've just seen an awful August on the Dow Jones. You know when that last happened? August 2001...a month before 9/11. And the US was heading into a recession then too...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Varemia
Good time.

I sure hope this doesn't cause another media obsessed oil spill. Pretty soon we may be having conspiracy theorists saying aliens are blowing up oil rigs to try and alert humanity to their faults, etc.

So, inferring from your tone, if aliens don't alert humanity to their faults, there are no faults?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
While I am not saying one way or the other, for people to claim there is "no way it can be cooincidence" really don't seemingly have a clue about odds and probabilities. It most certainly could cooincidently occur.

In 2006, there was 3828 oil platforms in the gulf alone. Unlike on land, there is a much greater risk of accidents on these platforms. To say having two having accidents in short timeframe is impossible, is laughable. Of course they could. They are basically plugged directly into gases and liquids which are under great pressure, and exceptionally explosive and flammable.

How many accidents do you THINK they have? How about this:

Nine major oil rig fires have killed at least two people and seriously injured 12 since 2006 in the Gulf of Mexico, a lonely, high-risk drilling area where workers stay for weeks at a time, working 12-hour-a-day shifts.

Those fires are among 509 recorded on oil platforms in the Gulf since 2006, according to the U.S. Mineral Management Services, which monitors and collects platform data.

Taken from:

www.chron.com...

Probably a lot more common than some of you assume.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

You had me curious as I didn't see or recall any movie like that. The Number 23 appears to be the one you referenced and I might have to watch it now.

reply to post by Haydn_17

I was wondering the same thing.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   
i bet, it was made by bp: nice way to stop crude's sinking & replace their headache to other heads

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I scanned through the responses and I see no one has mentioned HAARP.

From what I have read about HAARP, anything can be done with it, tsunamis, earthquakes, hurricanes (Katrina).... beams pointed to exact locations, to cause whatever disruptions (what if HAARP was used along with the drones in 9-11 to hit the exact computer or bomb floors) and that there are also 'energy waves' (forget the term) to scramble minds, a form of mind-control.

The USA -Zionists are very dangerous! Those dam*ed plans made at Bilderburg meetings! and only they have the safety of the underground cities.

Colour me angry!!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Better Mouse Trap

Troll baby troll- you

link   
reply to post by fleabit

I remember reading these same facts after the BP spill so I wasn't surprised there was yet another oil disaster.

And they want to drill more... good gawd!

link   
A mile-long oil sheen spread from an offshore oil platform burning in the Gulf of Mexico today.

Coast Guard Petty Officer Bill Coklough said the sheen, about a mile long and 100ft wide, was spotted near the platform off Louisiana

source news.eircom.net...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Takamuri
Here we go again...

The conspiracy nuts are going to love this one.

What exactly are you doing here again? This is a primarily conspiracy based site...I think you took a wrong turn at FauxNews.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
"They don't know where the oil came from"?????? Oh this is classic!!!

Too Much...... I swear

Snippet from article:

"Update at 2:51 p.m. ET: USA TODAY's Donna Leinwand reports that Mariner, the oil company that owns the Vermillion platform, reports that oil has spilled into the water, according to U.S. Coast Guard Petty Officer Elizabeth Bordelon. The oil sheen at the site measures one mile by 100 feet, Bordelon says. The company is unsure where the oil came from since the well was not producing at the time of the explosion, she says".

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by freetree64
The company is unsure where the oil came from since the well was not producing at the time of the explosion, she says".

content.usatoday.com...

What a joke.
2nd

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Let me guess...Somebodys gonna be pumping corexit on this stuff in no time. I won't put money on it but I have my suspicions.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
According to AP (found on my local news, link posted at bottom since I have no idea how to get the embed thing to work)

"Federal authorities have cited Mariner Energy and related entities for 10 accidents in the Gulf of Mexico over the last four years, according to safety records from the Bureau of Ocean Energy Management, Regulation and Enforcement.

The accidents range from platform fires to pollution spills and a blowout, according to accident-investigation reports from the agency formerly known as the Minerals Management Service."

www.heraldnet.com...

So, maybe this really is just a coincidence haha

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
I had trouble finding the post on CNN, even only a few hours old, it seems to have been placed 'at the back somewhere'

They are treating this as 'non-news'

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
anyone else notice its been a rather active day for the media here in the US.

i am wondering if there is a distraction brewing and something bigger is goin on?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Reply to post by jtma508

Preach it brother!!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join