It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig explodes in gulf of mexico 9-2-10

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
So who stands to benefit from these calamities the most? Who are America most reliant on for oil? Who benefits least from America's off-shore drilling?

The answer is the same for each question.

IRM

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Here is some Audio for the thread !

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
I don't know much about drilling...but if the well wasn't active, then why were there people on it???

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by jtma508
reply to post by Alien Mind

Now why in God's name should we suspend drilling in the Gulf? I mean what an idiot Obama is. So what if two GOM rigs exploded in 6mos. Accidents happen. Full speed ahead I say! Drill baby drill! Screw the environment. I can't drive my Suburban on any damned environment.
These frigging tree hugging twits are wrecking this country.

Looks like we got a funny man here, Everybody laugh at the funny man lol.

The real funny part is he still believes there is a 2 party system in this country. Bilderberg already owns you, and you have no idea.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
They say here that the Rig was not producing oil..

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by cb0688

From what I'm reading, inactive wells will have workers - who will plug, cap or stimulate the well. Currently reading into US documentation.

**UPDATE**

It seems, this oil firm could've been ceasing their operations on this well, but the pressure blow when plugging the well. Pressure from oil or water could be the cause, but from the stuff I am reading - a "blow back" wouldn't result in a massive explosion.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Are there so many oil rigs now that its the law of average to have accidents - like with so many autos there are bound to be accidents. Also wondering if personnel are stationed on inactive rigs for monitoing? I did note the original article said one was injured. It may take some time to extinguish the fire and know if there is another leak, I hope not - the environment can't handle any more of this.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Whoever has tivo or dvr capabilities should be recording. News people tend to not stick to the script when they're excited and confused, with so much info coming in at them all at once.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
There are service details that have to be taken care of besides drilling.
They could have been sealing the well and shutting it down or they could have been trying to bring it on line(take yer pick)
The suspicion remains it may be part of or caused indirectly by the Apr 20th explosion....
Or be part of some kind of concerted false flag op....or terrorist action.
The facts are not availabl;e to make these spaculations yet, but the jump seems a natural one considering the media hype that preceeded this event since april.
Personally i am wondering if the deep drilling has weakened the ocean floor in some way fractured it over a wider area than weve been told....
Already there are many accusations over the apr explosion...
Three in a row seems a bit too many to be coincidence.....

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Isn't the 'Moratorium' on Gulf drilling still going on?

why wasn't this rig shut down if there is a ban on drilling?
oh. right they were just doing routine maintenance on a mothballed rig.

Barry Øbama will of course be given even more dictatorial authority now,
i see his term will be peppered with all these mini-disasters,

is this Karma on Barry or on the USA, particularly on Gulf Coast States??

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I have no means of recording my TV...but a few minutes ago, CNN said the explosion was a Natural Gas explosion. Only source I have is my ears hearing the TV.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
OKay so not sure if this is important but here's an equation for you.. no solution.

Apache vows to purchase Mariner Energy

www.forbes.com... marketnewsvideo.html

Apache Vows to buy shallow gulf assets from Devon Energy
www.reuters.com...

and now
Apache buys assets from BP
www.businessweek.com... agrees-to-sell-assets-to-apache-for-7-billion.html
There's a specific snippet in there thats interesting
regarding Alaska's assets as well from BP

So Apache is the largest US oil company by market value
Could it be that Apache is aiming to be the WORLD leader in oil ?
is there any way Apache could be in line with Bilderberg ?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:08 PM
link   
[edit on 2-9-2010 by srbouska]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I know the situation is still developing, but I was thinking....isnt it kind of ironic that yesterday, an "enviromentalist" took hostages at the Discovery Building, and today theres an oil rig explosion....again? somebody really hates us.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

That's what I was concluding earlier.

But targeting an oil rig is not exactly "eco-friendly"

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I am wondering if there is oil leaking or if it was the platform that was damaged. I surely hope that we are not looking at another Oil leak. It might just be some structural damage and there end up being no oil leak into the water. That would be something to hope for.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
So going out on a limb here - when could we possibly assume that we are actually being attacked by a foreign country? I mean, our government sort of babies a lot of it's citizens. Couldn't that mean they are "protecting" us from an attack? Say, to pretend everything is ok? Just a thought. When I heard the news I just facepalmed. Can't believe it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Are there secondary uses for abandon oil rigs?
2nd

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by triplescorpio

The PTB did not get the response they wanted from the american people the first time, so they did it again. PROBLEM REACTION SOLUTION The Green scheme for carbon taxes and nationalization of oil is what they want and a reason ANY REASON to raise oil prices.

OR

Iranian TERROR DOLPHINS!!!!!!!! Its Irans fault now, so we can bomb them and start the war that they want so bad.

I am so over this crap. The PTB will kill us all before its done, just so they (the old outdated fat demonic arseholes who should all be shot dead) don't loose any power in their fake world.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
How many wells exploded in the past 6 months in the same region (US Gulf of Mexico)? 2

How many can you recall doing that in the previous ten years? I can't recall any.

Coincidence? Not a chance.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join