It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig explodes in gulf of mexico 9-2-10

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

Petty Officer Steve Lehmann says officials believe it is oil that remained after firefighting efforts on Thursday and not an active leak.

so nice, they believe
what about certain info instead of "believe"?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

yes, just keep repeating the same Glenn Beck memes over and over and call it 'fact'.

The only 'scam' i see are politicians who are beholden to the fossil fuel industry claiming that decades of peer-reviewed science is 'fake' but their 'science' (backed by industry money' is 'Real'.

Also, your personal attacks on me only make your argument look that much more partisan.

Why do Republicans have so much trouble admitting their agendas these days?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Im sorry, was any of what I posted on Glenn Becks site?

Why are you making this a partisan issue? Do you purposefully go onto threads and just start spouting random stuff with no proof?

Ive posted many sources and scientific numbers on this thread, its not my fault you either CANT or WONT read......

Please point out where I insulted you personally?

Due to your total lack in ability to comprehend any of my posts, and your total disregard for facts and figures, and inability to POST FACTS.........it is clear....

Your agenda is showing

[edit on 4-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Wow that looks very familiar doesn't it? I thought you were one who enjoys sending people to other threads to try and prove your point. Again I ask you to put up the evidence to support your claims. I am seeing now that this is your M.O on these threads. (M.O. - Modus operandi just to help you out) I find it funny that you have been shown evidence to back what ManBehindTheMask has posted yet you still want to say he hasn't shown you any proof. Now that does ring a bell doesn't it.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
double

[edit on 4-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

yes, just keep repeating the same Glenn Beck memes over and over and call it 'fact'.

The only 'scam' i see are politicians who are beholden to the fossil fuel industry claiming that decades of peer-reviewed science is 'fake' but their 'science' (backed by industry money' is 'Real'.

Also, your personal attacks on me only make your argument look that much more partisan.

Why do Republicans have so much trouble admitting their agendas these days?
'

It's not peer reviewed. Most of the "climate [story] changers" evidence is wrought with tons of error. Point: They were trying to use decades old weather stations in the middle of heavily populated cities (most scientists/meterologists would agree they were poorly placed to begin with) to prove that climate change is happening. It is poor scientifically how they carry out their studies. In fact, not every scientist agrees on Global Climate Change is man made, it is just that the people profiting from it aka Al Gore and the champions of the planet are muffling the other side to the arguement. Now that's a conspiracy theory for you.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrong

the post I was originally responding to claimed that 'environmentalists' blew up the most recent oil rig to advance their 'agenda'. Do you have any evidence to support this, or just more of your pro-fossil fuel industry propaganda? Why not throw in one of the cliche attacks on irrelevant parties like Al Gore, as if that bolster's your 'point' in some way?

Are you intentionally derailing this thread, or do you receive 'global warming' alerts any time the phrase pops up in conversation.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsurfer2000h

Wow that looks very familiar doesn't it? I thought you were one who enjoys sending people to other threads to try and prove your point. Again I ask you to put up the evidence to support your claims. I am seeing now that this is your M.O on these threads. (M.O. - Modus operandi just to help you out) I find it funny that you have been shown evidence to back what ManBehindTheMask has posted yet you still want to say he hasn't shown you any proof. Now that does ring a bell doesn't it.

I have supplied the 'proof' you are referring to multiple times. Claiming i havent doesnt change that.

So what 'proof' of Climate Change should I supply someone who denies all evidence presented?

That is akin to providing evidence of evolution to a Christian Fundamentalist.

Besides, all this discussion about "Global Warming" is a distraction perpetuated by those who wish to lay blame on 'environmentalists' instead of the oil industry. Or had you not noticed that?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

I never claimed environmentalist blew up the rig, apparently you cant read.....
I claimed the people pushing the green movement in the government....

2.So claiming that people like Al Gore has a stake in this whole thing is cliche? Thats not cliche thats fact......just because you dont agree with it, doesnt make it so...and the fact that all these government entities have a HUGE amount of money to lose if this thing doesnt keep moving forward, has EVERYTHING to do with bolstering the point......

Again im sorry you are so blinded by your ideals that you cant admit that they would have much to lose.......

3.You keep accusing people of derailing the thread.........The hypothesis that perhaps the rig blew up because of some more sinister motives , in no way derails this thread........

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Where ONCE have you provided ANY proof in this thread? There is not ONE link to ANYTHING you have spoken on........

Just your accusations and attacking other members without any links or information to back up your counter claims.........

Much like you telling me i was insulting you, yet not being able to provide an instance of such.

The fact that many of us think there could be something sinister goign on with these rigs and the government falls right in line with a lot of other views on the subject......

After all, this is a conspiracy site.......not Green Peace or Whitehouse.gov

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
reply to post by Wrong

the post I was originally responding to claimed that 'environmentalists' blew up the most recent oil rig to advance their 'agenda'. Do you have any evidence to support this, or just more of your pro-fossil fuel industry propaganda? Why not throw in one of the cliche attacks on irrelevant parties like Al Gore, as if that bolster's your 'point' in some way?

Are you intentionally derailing this thread, or do you receive 'global warming' alerts any time the phrase pops up in conversation.

You realize that those who you think are "against the fossil fuel industry" are standing to make a massive profit by this green energy. So are you under the pay of one of these groups? The hypocrisy of the environmentalists is hilarious. Anyone who disagrees with them is automatically paid by the oil industry but you never hear about the billions upon billions of dollars to be made in the "green energy" scam. Carbon credits/Cap and Trade? Solar Panels? People would massively profit from that moreso than ever before. The funniest part about renewable energy is when you don't have enough what are you going to do? You cannot just flip the switch at a power plant to make up the shortfall like that. The best energy is actually nuclear energy but the environmentalists don't like that because it has nuclear in it. In the 70's it was "Global Cooling." In the 90's it was "Global Warming." Now it is "Climate Change." I guess when you cannot get the story right, change the name.

Climate Change: The Greatest Conspiracy Ever.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Boy, some of you have really ruined this thread with your childish antics.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Dang! How far back do I have to go to find actual updates and info on the incident? All Im reading is y'all's bickering.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
Dang! How far back do I have to go to find actual updates and info on the incident? All Im reading is y'all's bickering.

These threads always degenerate after page three or so. Start at the beginning.

that is all part of a design. Fill the threads with partisan arguments that have nothing to do with the topic. Confuse and bore the public.

Hey! American Idol is on!

Boy, some of you have really ruined this thread with your childish antics.

I agree. Which is why I have stopped trying to debate those who would rather blame 'environmentalists' (with no proof, mind you) than a de-regulated oil industry that plays with the earth like a multi-trillion dollar chess board who has connections to every white house back to at least the 1920's.

Dick Cheney Dick Cheney Dick Cheney Dick Cheney Dick Cheney Dick Cheney Dick Cheney .

[edit on 5-9-2010 by justadood]

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SarK0Y

I guess they could simply wait to release any information until they were certain of things instead of supplying the available information. Of course, the more time information is delayed the more suspicious people become. It's a lose-lose situation I tell you.

reply to post by mrsdudara

Updates don't seem to draw people and discussion anywhere near as much as pure, initial, wild speculation does. Updates seems to draw biased critics of the information presented instead of actually discussing it. I posted this earlier which has plenty of information to actually discuss. I guess it's just more fun to speculate with the least amount of information possible.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Three_moons

wahhh, you can be sure of, new info will be just positive flow & doleful facts shall be downgraded

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrong

While I don't agree with some of your post, I do have to agree that there is a serious windfall to be made off of a green energy push.

THAT IS WHY WE NEED to TEACH OURSELVES, FRIENDS, NEIGHBORS, ETC, about FREE ENERGY, and HOW TO PRODUCE AND HARNESS IT.

We know it can be done, we just need to sit down, and stop squabbling enough to focus on it.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by latEsleepeR
reply to post by Wrong

While I don't agree with some of your post, I do have to agree that there is a serious windfall to be made off of a green energy push.

while i agree with the rest of your sentiment concerning 'free' energy, my point still stands that just because there is money to be made in the 'green industry', this is hardly evidence that 'environmentalists' planned these rig explosions.

the same people making these claims are the ones who promote the de-regulation of the industry that was the most likely (and actually documented) cause of these explosions.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
theres to many exploding for my liking something very strange is going on, you are right.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13 >>

join