It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another oil rig explodes in gulf of mexico 9-2-10

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

I am not beholden to any political party, both major parties are currupt and should be sent packing. I don't appreciate that your first reaction to ideas you don't care for is to attack the person not the ideas. We debate ideas not people or parties.

And yes the Obama admin is the most anti-petroleum admin ever. Lets just look at a couple of key appointees: Steven Chu, the Secretary of Energy, is on record saying, "Somehow we have to figure out how to boost the price of gasoline to the levels in Europe." They are ~$8 a gallon there.
Ken Salazar, the Secretary of the Interior, the agency that administers energy leasing on federal lands and most offshore areas, has a long record of opposition to such leasing of oil, natural gas, and coal exploration and extraction. He has already nullified recently awarded leases for natural gas drilling in federal land in Utah. Salazar is responsible for legislation blocking the development of shale oil.

I find it very suspicious that when Obama finally agrees to look at expanding offshore drilling (not allow it, just examine it) we get two drilling 'accidents'.

And as far as taking money from BP, he is a politician so of course he takes money from whomever will give it.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I know that this may sound absurd, but could someone comment on the likelihood of these recent oil catastrophes being intentionally done by an unknown party to force the American people into no longer supporting oil?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Zangetsu

Wow. You got balls coming to this forum and defending the petroleum industry from the very reform that might prevent future catastrophes like this.

Youre statement that this administration is the most anti-petroleum industry' ever is pure hubris, which can not be supported. Which is why you dont even try.

you statement would have been more accurate if you had said; 'this is an Administration who has tried to advance other energy sectors, as the American Public has asked for for decades', but that wouldnt fullfill your own partisan political agenda.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevilJonah
I know that this may sound absurd, but could someone comment on the likelihood of these recent oil catastrophes being intentionally done by an unknown party to force the American people into no longer supporting oil?

Its just as likely as it being one of the people who benefit from us remaining dependent on FOREIGN oil. Like Dick Cheney/Haliburton, or Saudi Arabia.

The only thing this might POSSIBLY do is turn people off from off-shore domestic production, which actually benefits foreign oil sources and families like the Bush's who are highly invested in foreign oil.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by kiwitina948

Maybe my mind is thinking conspiratorially, but 'Oil Rig Explosion" + 'Oil Dispersant Corexit 9500" + Hurricanes (left,right and centre) What does that equal? If the oil dispersant (which they have supplies of on hand) is used in the ocean and the hurricane winds pick it up and take it inland, what's that going to do to the population there?

Im thinking along the same lines you are here, but with a twist.......

I think since the whole Global Warming flop, when all that came out, it did a huge amount of damage to their whole green movement, cap and trade etc etc......."insert control mechanism here"

I'm sorry. Could you recap this 'Global Warming Flop' your entire premise revolves around? You skimmed over it so fast I missed the, you know, evidence and stuff.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

sure..........just

Glob al warming email scandal

More

More information on scandal

Real Science

Other Planets warming too

Jupiter undergoing climate change

Video Lord Monkton

I can do this all day, the science behind man made global warming and all that other GREEN AGENDA is a MONEY scam.......a very long, drawn out MONEY AND CONTROL scam.....

When they got hit with the emails and all the science coming out AGAINST it, all this stuff started happening.......

And of course MY MY we cannot let something like bad science effect something they have put so much money and time into can they????

[edit on 3-9-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AndersonLee

Earlier in the thread I manipulated some numbers to compare 4/20/2010 and 9/2/2010. I believe numbers can be manipulated to suggest anything. Since you brought up 2012 and 911 I'll have another shot at it.

The number of workers killed in the Deepwater Horizon Disaster was 11. 11-2 (with 2 representing the day of the Vermilion explosion)=9. 911.

Macondo, where Deepwater was drilling, has 7 letters. Beyond, a moniker for "British" in BP, has 6 letters. April, the month that the BP disaster happened, can also be expressed as 4. 7+6=13, 13-4=9. The platform that exploded was called the Vermilion Oil production platform 380, 3+8+0=11. 911

You posted this on 9/3/2010. 9-3=6, 6+2+0+1+0=9 Your user name, andersonlee, has 11 letters. 911.

Deepwater and Vermilion both have 9 letters. The platform that exploded was called the Vermilion Oil production platform 380, 3+8+0=11. 911

The BP disaster happened on the 20th day of April. The Deepwater Horizon was 9 years old and built in 2001. 9+2+0+0+1=12, the number of people initially accounted for in the Vermilion explosion. 2012.

The Deepwater Horizon exploded on April 20, 2010. If we disregard some information and manipulate it to our needs I can take the date, 20, and rearrange two digits of the year to conform to 12. 2012.

You posted this on 9/3/2010 @ 12:29. 9*3=27, 27+2+0+1+0=30, 30-1=29, 29-2=27, 27+2=29, 29-9=20. You registered on 1/14/2010. 1+14=15, 15-2-0-1-0=12. 2012.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
the science behind man made global warming and all that other GREEN AGENDA is a MONEY scam.......a very long, drawn out MONEY AND CONTROL scam.....

When they got hit with the emails and all the science coming out AGAINST it, all this stuff started happening.......

And of course MY MY we cannot let something like bad science effect something they have put so much money and time into can they????

Utter and complete nonsense that isnt supported by any evidence whatsoever.

You prop up partisan talking point sand call it proof. I laugh heartily.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   

LoL youre right, NONE of what I posted was proof at ALL and it was partisan......

Seriously?

LoL what i posted is backed up by more scientific FACT that man made global warming.......

Not only that , but how is the website about the solar system causing climate change on all the planets , partisan?

LoL you just dont like being presented with the facts............You asked, I obliged you.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Better Mouse Trap
"DRILL BABY DRILL"-Republicans

"under my plan of a cap and trade system, electricity rates would necessarily skyrocket" - Obama

nobody said drill without safety measures in place

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousMoose

Actually, they did. In Cheney's closed-door energy meetings where they deregulated numerous safety measures that may have actually prevented the blowout.

Not saying the Dems are any better. Just pointing out the Republicans-in-hiding when i see em.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

You didn\t present\ facts'. You threw up some threads.

You can call global warming a man-made myth all you want, the science is NOT in your favor.

Posting threads where you call it a myth is not evidence, btw.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Ahh those arent "threads" those are called websites with SCIENCE behind them......

And since youre the one who thinks MY proof isnt good enough, lets see your sources?

Atleast ive backed up my claims with facts and numbers, my bet is you didnt even look at those websites......

Willful ignorance is worse then being ignorant

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

Actually, they did. In Cheney's closed-door energy meetings where they deregulated numerous safety measures that may have actually prevented the blowout.

Not saying the Dems are any better. Just pointing out the Republicans-in-hiding when i see em.

They are two sides of the same coin, which is why I am no longer a republican

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Lol. Yeah, bring up that nonsense about a few out-of-context emails and call it 'evidence'. LOL.

If you want to relitigate the 'global warming myth' meme, start a thread about it. You are steering this thread WAY off-topic with your GOP talking points. Which I imagine is your point.

Besides, burden of proof is on teh accuser, which is you. Or are you as unaware of the rules of debate and accusations as you are of even the most basic aspects of Science.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood

They are two sides of the same coin, which is why I am no longer a republican

Yeah, I've heard that enough to know it's a lie. Republicans ALL pretend to be independents these days. So they can attack the current Dems without contradicting themselves.

But the POINT, is that blaming ONE political party, as the person I was originally responding to did, is PATENTLY FAlSE. Do you disagree?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   

Lol. Yeah, bring up that nonsense about a few out-of-context emails and call it 'evidence'. LOL.

Actually the Emails were capture in their entirety on a lot of them......and TWO I take it you didnt look at any of the other websites i posted did you, or even listen to the video I posted.......

I figured you didnt, you dont want a debate, at least i provided proof, links, science and numbers with my accusations, which is more then i can say for you.

This hasnt steered this thread off course at all, because MY point was that i thought it was a setup by the progressives and their GREEN agenda, youre the one who said I had no proof that the whole green agenda was a scam.....

I posted numerous links, but you are trying to obfuscate, typical tactic.

You say the burden of proof is on me, ive posted some sources, pretty easy to see, that should get you started..........and you can google.......

Or are you as unaware of the rules of debate and accusations as you are of even the most basic aspects of Science.

I believe I posted links and information on my thread, which is more than i can say for you thus far.....

But as I said, you didnt look at any of the information, which proves that you are not being objective, and ALSO means that replying to you anymore is futile, since you seem to be unable to have a debate without getting snarky.....

If you want to relitigate the 'global warming myth' meme, start a thread about it. You are steering this thread WAY off-topic with your GOP talking points

Im well aware of regulations and topic/debate flow on ATS and the requirement to stay on it, after all, I have been a member here since 2008, while yourself, youve been here since June of this year.....I think i know the rules....

My comment stands, and YES I wonder if it could have been a ploy to keep the Green Movement moving forward..........you have nothing that says otherwise......

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
So what?

Accidents on oil rigs are common. There were no fatalities and no spillage.

No big deal.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
I predicted this event with the oil rig in the thread "Not Random Predictions."

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
There's a lot of information in this article that answers some of the questions that have been asked. Here's a very brief summary.

The platform, which wasn't an exploration rig, was above 7 wells producing oil and gas. The wells were shut down for maintenance including painting and sandblasting prior to the fire, or explosion, depending on which source you want to believe. Platforms, a majority of which are unmanned, have different cutoff equipment than a blowout preventer like a deep water rig uses because of their depth and successfully worked in shutting off the flow of oil.

Coast Guard: Sheen not likely from active oil leak

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13 >>

join