It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dirty Little Secrets

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SpartanKingLeonidas

Just so you know my family has a Catholic background, they left the church decades ago because of exactly what you posted.
The stories they tell are sad, disgusting and outrageous.

Jesus also said we would recognize his true follower by their actions and deeds.
Anybody abusing kids disqualify themselves from God's favor.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Jay33

I see your family doing that as having gained honor.

I have nothing but respect for their choice.

I have no problem, specifically with people deciding to stay, but sometimes people have to take a stand, because it makes a strong point.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Study a little anthropology and you'll find that there are NO universal taboos...that what's abhorred in one society may well be normal in others.

We are looking at this scenario through our own cultural lens and left shocked while Afghanis shrug. There's just no clear answer, and we sure as heck aren't going to change it on them in a hurry. Further, considering other accepted customs like rampant government corruption and the treatment of women, one really has to consider what we're doing there trying to 'Westernize' them. They don't see these things as evil...simply the way it is.

Best thing we can do is blast them with our Western culture, not guns, control our funding, and let the wheel turn a little slower.

All very queer, and no pun intended.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join