It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we all aliens from outer space ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I saw this blog at Technology Review.

Do you guys remember about the red rain wich fel in India 2001 ? There are claims that the rain contained cells from outer space. There is now new evidence that these cells can reproduce themselve.

Panspermia is the idea that life exists throughout the universe in comets, asteroids and interstellar dust clouds and that life of Earth was seeded from one or more of these sources. Panspermia holds that we are all extraterrestrials.

While this is certainly not a mainstream idea in science, a growing body of evidence suggests that it should be carefully studied rather than casually disregarded.

For the full article see :

technologyreview.com...

As the article points out there is still more evidence needed but it remains a fascinating mystery.

So if they are right about the panspermia idea, then life must exsist througout lots of places in the universe. This means that alien life form even in bacterial form must be verry common in space.

As this was also alway's my point of view, I am verry interrested in other people's point of view about this subject.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by css1981]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Absolutely!
I would go further & say that maybe we crashed here & started colonies aeons ago, we have actually devolved from far higher beings. There is plenty of evidence that we 1) all stem from one particular area, and 2) We were a lot smarter than we are now.
Darwin is bunk, at least where Man is concerned. Neanderthal man was actually a small isolated community that degenerated due to the small gene pool. There are even suggestions that there was a small nuclear war about 4,200 years ago.
They do say history repeats itself

However, i am sceptical of 'cells' that can withstand near absolute zero temperatures, vacuum, hard radiation, & then float down onto a planet & suddenly thrive.
The 'cells' may have been Diatoms, large (despite their name) silicon based algae, it's the only explanation i have that fits....

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Whether purposely sent here by other (or the same) beings or not, I also have to say I absolutely believe it is so. I am not one who believes nor disbelieves evolution though, and I am not religious.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I've always thought it's a very reasonable explanation for how life got to earth. Francis Crick (one of the discoverers of DNA) theorised that panspermia was responsible for the start of life on earth. He actually believed that intelligent life forms may have distributed life throughout the universe.

So he went to another level and explored the fact that the spreading of life could have been intelligent and deliberate.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by DrHammondStoat]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Come to think of it... there could be life on Titan, Europe, Enclades, Mars maybe.... even or own moon

So maybe in theory we al could originate from..... Mars.

Mars was miljions of years ago a much warmer planet and was much more earth like then it is now.

new topics

top topics

join