It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The elderly want their "chips" for convenience

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I just had a patron handing me her card comment about her massive key chain of cards. Library cards, gym cards, discount cards, the ring must have had over 20 cards on it.

She told me about a conversation she had with her neighbors in her retirement community. They all want a "chip" (she said "chip") with all of these cards information on it so they would only have to carry around one key tag or card. Wide-eyed and ecstatic about the idea.

They want the Babylon chip.

The soccer moms want to track their kids, the elderly want convenience, the professional twenty-somethings want the cutting-edge tech. The victims of life want all the convicts chipped. The banks are already chipping the debit and credit cards as my latest debit card came RFID equipped.

Who is left to oppose besides nutcase religious fundies and paranoid schizo with foil hats?

I'm afraid at the current course this battle is already lost. The current of natural progression is going to take hold and a tech that we dont need will eventually go into us at birth like it does livestock or show dogs containing our numbers and info. A Futurama style 'career-chip' will no doubt follow soon after.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Well I've said this before about the NWO. They will not have to force this on anyone....we're gonna ask for it. And when it comes we will surrender life as we know it, but the majority will not know any better, because it is what they have been conditioned to accept.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All they have to do is pass it off as this years 'must have' gadget , or say that to be cool or popular you have to have one, or bombard the public with ads on TV and you watch them line up for it, whilst in principle a good idea for both convenience and practicality the problem is that the ones that really are forcing it on us are the ones that will abuse the system.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
When too many people opt into a thing and the minority opts out it's only a matter of time before that majority sees the minority as sick, wrong or even dangerous. Where an option suddenly becomes mandatory. Where opting out becomes a crime. Where just wanting to be left alone results in imprisonment.

Taxation is a great example of this. No harm if one guy doesnt pay. No real harm anyway. But the majority cries out and spends millions to send armed troops and helicopters to collect thousands. And the majority is pleased.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I can't opt out on the chip.. My bank sent me a new debit card and rendered my old one useles. My Visa came with a chip as well. Now a days even your phone and GPS in your car can track you.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   
The problem is the people accepting the cards in the first place. Most people hear about a discount card that can give you X amount of dollars back on your purchase, what they don’t know is that by accepting these cards, your data gets entered into a database that is combined with other databases as well that enables them to build a profile for them and their shopping habits, so that specific ads directed towards them and their shopping habits are then sent to them, much the same way as your internet traffic is monitored and agencies are able to present you with adds targeted towards your internet habits, unless you have software that blocks such monitoring and tracking from going on.

Government agencies have already used this type of information to track criminals, so the government can gain access to this info, so the chip just makes it easier for tracking, but is not a sole point of tracking. There are so many people who are clueless as to what is going on and when you try to explain to them, they treat you like you were just released from the loony bin and need to go back.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

You can take a screwdriver or knife and destroy the chip in your cards. I did it immediately. Now I get questioned about the hole in my card whenever I hand it to a clerk. Gives a nice opening to tell them about ID theft and fraud. Concerns they really have. I avoid the "human cataloging" stuff. That might freak them out.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

You can only opt out of extra services that are offered to you unfortunately, because no one wanted to listen to the “tin foil hat” community back when it all was starting, and now that it is “more convenient” there is not an easy way to go back.

You can decide to use cash only, but there are already some businesses that prefer card transactions only, and others that are “not set up” to receive currency in any form. I myself do not use cash because I have my own theories about how they track that as well (I have worked for a bank in the past), so pretty much they can track you no matter what you do, because it has already been set in motion.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well, according to Matthew 24 it's about time. It states the generation present at the start of the end times would see the end of it. Assuming the rebirth of Israel in 1948 was an fig leaf/end time event that would mean the generation is at least 62 years old.

The Apocalypse should be over with by 2028 at the latest. But could be much sooner.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

They can still track you information even without the chip, the chip just is an easier method. Your are catalogued as soon as you open an account with any agency, be it a bank account, credit card, or simply an online gaming account. Even you account that gives you the IP address that allows you to access the internet is tracked as well as you IP address al by itself. They have you coming and going any more, and even you social security number that you receive at birth that was originally only to be used in conjunction with the social security system, is now your unique tracking number in the states. Anytime you do anything, it is the most required number to be used.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
I have no problem being chipped so to speak but I want it to be externally...perhaps a watch that integrates with my specific dna...but most critical is that it needs to be something I can simply put down when I dont want to use it or get nervous...nothing to dig out of my skin, just a simple take it off and place it down.

If the spooky shadow government wants to chip the population for nefarious things, they wont ask you, nor will you even know it. remember, these supposed powers are the same guys attributed to all sorts of evil genius stuff...chipping from such an organization would be a microbe sized thing in that pepsi you just drank, not in a big chip you can simply yank out of you.

get some perspective...either they are these giant superintelligent evil organizations, or they are not...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Well I guess I got lucky. I just checked my Debit Card and it does not have a chip on it. This makes me happy.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

This is why I don't use banks. I have a non GPS equipped phone, and I drive and 84 Camaro. Some call me paranoid, others, a thinker. LOL I just say I was always taught, "better safe than sorry."

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OpenMindCuriousMind

Yet you go on the internet where you can be traced back by your IP address, if someone really needed to.

Also they don’t need to track the GPS in a cell phone, it simply makes it easier than triangulating your location based on the towers that were used during you call.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
The elderly don't understand that the chip just contains one series of numbers. The number is read electronically. What they want is all businesses to use the same number. They could just have it written down. It does not need to be on a card or a chip. Please take time to explain these things to the elderly.
People think the chip has the data on them, no, it is big brother that has the data, not the chip. The chip is but a mark or a designator. The chip cannot be located with GPS.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
I don't think this has to be restricted to the elderly. We're all conditioned to live in a fast food society where convenience is King.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
It is silly to disable the chip in your card. The magnetic strip on the back contains the same number. You are just making it harder to read. You give them the card because you want them to read the number.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by earthdude]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by earthdude

The chip can be picked up by a pick pocket with a reader walking behind you. The magnetic stripe cannot unless they take your card and swipe it.

www.wfaa.com...

Dummy.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by earthdude

The chip can be picked up by a pick pocket with a reader walking behind you. The magnetic stripe cannot unless they take your card and swipe it.

www.wfaa.com...

Dummy.

Oh, thanks for educating me. Now I am less dumb. I took the dummy away. I thought it was paranoid ignorance and got taught a lesson. Let us know next time.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join