It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

September 2, 2010 NAACP launches coalition watchdog site to ‘monitor’ Tea Party ‘racists’

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Clearly, the NAACP needs an enemy to stay relevant and some key partners to help along the way. Amazing!!

The NAACP partnered with Media Matters, Think Progress and New Left Media to launch teapartytracker.org, a website that will specifically publish and monitor “racism and other forms of extremism within the Tea Party movement.”

Media Matters and Think Progress representatives said their content and reporting haven’t changed and that the NAACP approached their organizations seeking only to republish select content they’ve produced. The NAACP’s new teapartytracker.org is aimed specifically at highlighting “racism” in the Tea Party.

New Left Media, the duo of Chase Whiteside and Erick Stoll who use a “Trojan trick” to get interviews with Tea Partiers, is also a partner organization on the new site.

Funny, the last time I checked, the Tea Party isn't even an official 3rd. party. It's a general movement. I believe the New Black Panther movement can be classified in the same manner even though they clearly have a different agenda.

The radicals are getting restless and the great divide is about to grow even larger than the one that our President has helped to create.

Conservative media guru Andrew Breitbart, who was once a victim of New Left Media’s trickery (though he says he doesn’t object to that type of journalism), said Think Progress and Media Matters shouldn’t, by any means, partner with an advocacy group, especially the NAACP, in trying to the paint the Tea Party a certain color.

“It’s called projection,” Breitbart said. “The alliance of the left, the Think Progress, the Media Matters and the NAACP are projecting onto the Tea Party. The accusations are a projection of who the coordinated, well-funded left is. They are manufacturing the racism. They are the ones who are fomenting the violence, the ones who are the only perpetrators of violence over the last year.”

This next part is a hoot

He continued, “There are elements within the Tea Party movement that display extremism and racism and other aspects that should be noted.

Don't we see extremism from all political angles?? Just look at the left wing kook who just attacked the Discovery Channel.

Anyway, I think the tea party in general has done a rather nice job of policing themselves especially, at large rallies. Any extreme racism that is being anticipated will actually come from formal racist groups. Keep your eye on them and don't worry so much about my 70 year old Aunt who attends Tea Party Rallies dressed in red, white and blue.

Read more: dailycaller.com... 80%99/#ixzz0yNfZzli7

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think the list of partners in this endeavor makes it pretty clear where the NAACP stands in its politics.

I thought they stood for the "Advancement of Colored Peoples", rooting-out those who would oppress minorities wherever they are found. It seems now to be no more than an extension of the DNC, which probably has taken advantage of and exploited that voting bloc more than anyone.

I find it sad that a once great and needed organization has become a partisan cheerleader instead of a community leader.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
The NAACP is a racist organization in its own right. Let them talk and do whatever they need to but in the end the truth sets us free.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Well we all know how it is anything that starts out good gets turned into crap, So I'm not suprised by this move at all.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

It is unfortunate that a group of people WANT to be victims. What is more unfortunate are the people who believe these organizations have their best interests at heart and go through their lives believing they are.

These people are literally foaming at the mouth trying to push this race hate agenda, the prob is the rest of the country has moved on since the 60's.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by ljtg123]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

LOL as much as i despise the NAACP - i have to say - any time i get to watch a bunch of white, uppity, bigoted cowards squirm in their seats....i have a good time!

Squirm on, Tea Partiers....Squirm On!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
double post...again

sigh

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Snarf]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

The tea party has no reason to squirm. They just need to remain vigilant above all. Notice that the ones who are squirming right now are the ones grasping at some very short straws.

Why is the left so nervous? So caustic? So negative? So scared? I guess no one is buying their song any longer. We are now seeing some very unusual allegiances forming on the far side of the aisle. Must be a Blue Light special sale on desperation at K-Mart.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

I hate to burst your bubble but to the best of my knowledge there is no evidence of the tea party being racist at all. The rumors are unsubstantiated and unable to be backed up, The one video that was taken turned out to be a mole from a left leaning group posing as a tea partier.

“If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it. The lie can be maintained only for such time as the State can shield the people from the political, economic and/or military consequences of the lie. It thus becomes vitally important for the State to use all of its powers to repress dissent, for the truth is the mortal enemy of the lie, and thus by extension, the truth is the greatest enemy of the State.”

Joseph Goebbels

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Sorry Snarf, that reply wasn't meant for you lol

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Yeah well, look at this exciting comment I found on the Daily Kos...it should be easy to find racists if you bring your own faux-racists with you, don't you think?

The link is to Satan's Candidates by Frederick Carlson, on the Daily Kos dated September 1 2010...the quoted excerpt is a comment appended by an entity calling itself G2geek...

Show up at these rallies with signs that will variously mock and discredit him. In the former category: "Lou is jealous because he doesn't get any!" and "Hey Lou, why are you so obsessed with SEX?" In the latter category, anything with overt bigotry on it, the more outrageous the better, for example something simple along the lines of "Stop the Jewish Conspiracy!" or "It all started with inter-racial marriage!"
Folks carrying bigoted signs ...should also make up believable phony names for themselves and seek out members of the media to talk to. Start out with something along the lines of "We could have told you that homos would be next, once the 60s Supreme Court allowed inter-racial marriage!" Escalate to "Once you allow race-mixing, it's all down hill from there! And I'll bet the Jews who own the media won't let you publish that!"

Brought to you in the public service by the Department of Gray Ops.

I can find flying pigs, if you give me enough lead time to set up a catapult...

[edit on 2-9-2010 by nine-eyed-eel]

top topics

join