It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hamas never fails to disappoint

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
www.jpost.com...

"The enemy of the Palestinian people is the Zionist enemy," Zahar said. Zahar rejected the idea of compromise with Israel, saying that "liberating" all the land between the Mediterranean and the Jordan River — a reference to Israel's destruction — is a moral and religious duty. He said Palestinians must not abandon armed resistance against Israeli occupation.

Let's hear from all the "Zionist bashers" about how Hamas "really" wants peace. It's pretty evident that they will do whatever it takes to scuttle any sort of peace talks between Israel and the Palestinians. It's hard, if not impossible, to even begin negotiations with someone who want's to destroy you completely.

Obama will soon realize what every other recent U.S. President has, it's next to impossible to get both sides to agree, we can't impose a peace on two peoples that don't really want it bad enough yet.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Were Hamas even invited to the Peace talks?

Is Gaza up for negotiation?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

These peace negotiations are between the PA (run by Fatah) and Israel. As difficult as it is we have to separate Hamas from Fatah. Gaza is just inches away from another dose of an Israeli invasion.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Supposedly, Hamas has given Abbas the ability to negotiate an agreement as long as it goes to a referendum before the Palestinian people before taking place.

Hamas claims responsibility for the recent attacks in the West Bank, there should be no doubt that the timing of those attacks are meant to derail any sort of talks. I, myself have serious doubts that Hamas ever wants a lasting peace agreement with Israel. The best they have ever implied is a ceasefire for decades.......I wonder what happens in Hamas's world once the ceasefire ends?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Actually Hamas does not want Abbas to negotiate any peace with Israel

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Peace would put them out of business. Their 'aid money' would stop flowing in. Their power would be gone. Hamas doesn't want peace - it would mean an end to their rule.

Too bad the folks there didn't know the truth about Arafat. Egyptian Arafat who raped little boys and stole millions to stuff in his Swiss bank account.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by belial259

Who knows what could be up for negotiation. Anything could be on the table. Hamas is not at the negotiations but I do not think they would have gone had they been invited.

Hamas's idea of negotiation is "Every Jew leave Israel forever and we will maybe not kill you as you are leaving".

What can you possibly do in a negotiation when someone has already stated the demands they want and are not willing to budge? It is not a negotiation it is an ultimatum. If there exists no room to coexist there exists no room for negotiations. Hamas wants it all and that is all they will accept.

It is not as simple as stopping settlement construction and giving some land back with Hamas. It IS as simple as every Jew leave or die.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You hit the nail right on the head

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by pavil

Actually Hamas does not want Abbas to negotiate any peace with Israel

Of that I have no doubt. Doesn't seem to be many Hamas supporters here???? Wonder why?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by pavil

Re the Hamas supporters on these threads: The joke's on them! Don't you think it strange that NONE of their supporters would ever dare visit Gaza and my bet is NONE of them have ever given one single dime to their cause!

top topics

join