It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Stig's Identity was revealed.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

ANGRY fans have demanded that Ben Collins be sacked after he was revealed as UK Top Gear's The Stig.
Collins has been revealed as the motoring show’s secret test driver after a court blocked the BBC’s bid to keep his identity under wraps.
HarperCollins, which is publishing Collins' autobiography, said it was disappointed the BBC had tried to suppress the book in the High Court.
But news.com.au readers sided with the broadcaster, with some responding with fury at the unmasking.

Read more: www.news.com.au...

Looks like we need to kill another off.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
maybe they should pay the stig more so they quit writing books to sell where they give themselves up

can him i say, bring on cousin blue stig!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Segador

I would have to know how much they paid him to play the part compared to how much they made off him before I can decide who is right or wrong..

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
Old news, found out about 6 months ago.

Remember..... GOOGLE is your friend.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by scubagravy

worst thing is the BBC used licence payers money to try and protect the "Stigs" Identity in court. What a joke. I hate Top Gear anyway, bunch of men behaving like naughty school boys

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:15 AM
link   
There have been several Stigs, including former formula one drivers. If you guys can remember the U.S stig was fat. There was also a zulu version of the stig.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Terrible decision from the judge overruling a confidentiality clause.
I guess now it take away the stigma that remains

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Yeah, its a shocker, gonna spoil the show, which is what the BBC were trying to avoid.

Originally posted by scubagravy
Old news, found out about 6 months ago.

Remember..... GOOGLE is your friend.

No, its was speculated, they even tried to make out it was Michael Schumaker a few months back to throw people off the scent.

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
reply to post by scubagravy

worst thing is the BBC used licence payers money to try and protect the "Stigs" Identity in court. What a joke. I hate Top Gear anyway, bunch of men behaving like naughty school boys

Whilst I agree about it being a disgrace using license payers money to fight it out in court (they could have just denied it, killed off the stig and brought in a new one), I disagree on your thoughts of the show, ITS AWESOME!! Acting like naughty schoolboys is what makes the show, who wants a boring show thats just about the specs of cars?

I think James Mays response to the whole thing was fantastic.....

But Top Gear presenter James May, who was a studio guest on BBC London when High Court's decision was announced, made light of the situation.

He said: "Obviously I'm now going to have to take some legal action of my own, because I have been the Stig for the past seven years, and I don't know who this bloke is, who's mincing around in the High Court pretending it's him."

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Who cares who the Stig is?
I don't , all he was , was a merchandising gimmick for the BBC to fleece the license payers for more money.
He can STILL BE the Stig and drive cars round a track while wearing a helmet, its now that everyone will know his real name.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   
WHO CARES?!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
I wonder, do Top Gear now have the right to fire Mr Collins and get someone else in, I would have thought they do as the only point of being the Stig is that no one knows who you are so Collins is now completely unsuited to the job.

Seems like a bit of a stupid move to me, putting a job on one of the BBC's biggest shows at risk to sell a few autobiographies when book sales are at a serious low

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Is this one going to get 'killed' by driving off an aircraft carrier also? it's a real shame, that's one the best reasons of Top gear all that mystery of who the stig was. I can still remember when schumacher came on as stig and whilst taking his helmet off, Clarkson goes, is it Susan Boyle. lol

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I could have told you it was Ben Collins about five years ago. The original stig was another racing driver called Perry McCarthy.

Nothing new to real petrolheads so nothing to worry about.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I alway's thought there were even several racing drivers who played the stig during one series....

They probaly have to search for a new stig now......

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
One of the only shows I can relax and have a good laugh when I watch it.

I like the Stig, I like the anonymity and secrecy around it, I laughed at American Stig, African Stig, Enviro"MENTALIST" Stig ( Emphasis to relay how it pronounced on the show) Trucker Stig with his sunburnt window arm.

Its one of those shows were you either Love or Hate it.

From James May Flying in a U2 near Space, Building a house out of LEGO and the Worlds longest model Railway ten miles along a real abandoned rail route.

Richard Hammond the big kid, balls of steel though, driving at 250+ miles an hour after nearly dying in the Jet Car Crash

Jeremy Clarkson The big Buffoon, the man people love to hate, he still has me in tears through laughter several times during a show.

My Favourite stunt ever.

Reliant Robin Space Shuttle what a challenge, to actually build a Space Shuttle out of a car, I know it was never going anywhere near Space, but that wasn't the idea, the idea was to launch and land the car after separation, watch to see what happened.

You either Love it or Hate it, either way, with the Stig included, they are a team, and the perfect combination for that show, I'm sure they will find a solution to this in a whole new way, maybe the Stig should have a Wife?

MRS Stig.

new topics

top topics

join