It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would you do? (short story)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
PICTURE THIS
Picture this:
You have a friend that you talk to about every day. You haven't heard from him in a couple days and decide to go over to his house and see what he's been up to. He doesn't live far from you-only a block away. You decide to walk. It's a nice summer day. The sun is shining and the birds are singing in the trees.
You reach his house a few minutes later. Your friend has left the inner door open to let in the sunlight. The glass is closed on the storm door. You look into the living room and see your friend. He's sitting on a recliner with his feet up. It looks like he's sleeping. You knock on the door but he doesn't stir. You call his name and nothing happens. You begin to worry. Something doesn't feel right. You open the door and enter the house. It smells like he might have a dead mouse somewhere in the house. Sunlight is streaming through the door and a couple of windows but the light falls short of where your friend is sitting. It looks like he isn't breathing but you can't be sure. You walk up to the chair and lean down to check.
You try to tell yourself that the goosebumps on your arms are from the air conditioning. The smell is stronger here. You see something black sticking out of your friend's left nostril. It looks like a nose hair. Then, the hair moves and a couple more come out, followed by a red head. It's a fly. The fly climbs out of your friend's nostril and up onto the tip of his nose. It cleans its self for a couple of seconds and then its wings buzz. It rises into the air and lands on your lips. You flinch back in horror and swat it away. You know now that your friend is dead.
You look at your friend and see his eyes move a little under the lids. His eyelids open with the sound of sweaty skin separating from hot vinyl. His eyes are cloudy and milky; like he has cataracts. They roll toward you and you see that they are as empty as the glass eyes of a doll. He sits upright and, as he does so, his spine pops like someone cracking his knuckles. His arms are stiff as he raises them. He turns his body toward you and is getting out of the chair. He stands and takes a step toward you. What do you do?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Skid Mark

I would do what anyone with any common sense would do: scream like a banshee, and then quietly pass out.

It will be interesting to read some of the replies.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Weird post, I would smash his head open & probably end up getting arrested for 'murdering' a zombie.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
I would probably mess myself
then run as fast and as far as my chubby little legs will carry me.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skid Mark
PICTURE THIS
Picture this:
You have a friend that you talk to about every day. You haven't heard from him in a couple days and decide to go over to his house and see what he's been up to. He doesn't live far from you-only a block away. You decide to walk. It's a nice summer day. The sun is shining and the birds are singing in the trees.
You reach his house a few minutes later. Your friend has left the inner door open to let in the sunlight. The glass is closed on the storm door. You look into the living room and see your friend. He's sitting on a recliner with his feet up. It looks like he's sleeping. You knock on the door but he doesn't stir. You call his name and nothing happens. You begin to worry. Something doesn't feel right. You open the door and enter the house. It smells like he might have a dead mouse somewhere in the house. Sunlight is streaming through the door and a couple of windows but the light falls short of where your friend is sitting. It looks like he isn't breathing but you can't be sure. You walk up to the chair and lean down to check.
You try to tell yourself that the goosebumps on your arms are from the air conditioning. The smell is stronger here. You see something black sticking out of your friend's left nostril. It looks like a nose hair. Then, the hair moves and a couple more come out, followed by a red head. It's a fly. The fly climbs out of your friend's nostril and up onto the tip of his nose. It cleans its self for a couple of seconds and then its wings buzz. It rises into the air and lands on your lips. You flinch back in horror and swat it away. You know now that your friend is dead.
You look at your friend and see his eyes move a little under the lids. His eyelids open with the sound of sweaty skin separating from hot vinyl. His eyes are cloudy and milky; like he has cataracts. They roll toward you and you see that they are as empty as the glass eyes of a doll. He sits upright and, as he does so, his spine pops like someone cracking his knuckles. His arms are stiff as he raises them. He turns his body toward you and is getting out of the chair. He stands and takes a step toward you. What do you do?

ZOMBIE KILLIN' TIME!

"This... is my boomstick! The twelve-gauge double-barreled Remington. S-Mart's top of the line. You can find this in the sporting goods department. That's right, this sweet baby was made in Grand Rapids, Michigan. Retails for about a hundred and nine, ninety five. It's got a walnut stock, cobalt blue steel, and a hair trigger. That's right. Shop smart. Shop S-Mart. You got that?!"

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Cataka]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
"Dude! There was a fly in your nose! What the hell man?!"

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
In case of zombie uprising find something heavy and hit him in the head. If I can't find something heavy find something with a trigger and aim for the brain.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Thanks for reading and for the comments. Have a good one.

new topics

top topics

join