It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man falls 40 storeys and survives

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Man falls 40 storeys and survives

www.sbs.com.au

A man who's leapt 40 storeys from the rooftop of an apartment building in New York has survived after landing on a parked car.

It is believed Magill would have reached upwards of 160kmh whilst falling

But he has multiple injuries including broken legs and is in a critical condition.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
What a freefall, 40 storeys.The last thing to go through your mind in most cases would be your rear end but this guy just trashed a perfectly good dodge charger and lived to pay for the damage maybe.A second chance at life for this guy and he should make the most of it. Although he probably wont be running in any marathons for a while with broken legs and other critical injuries.

www.sbs.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 2-9-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

This is the kind of thing that goes to show that what is for you will not go past you.

When its your time its your time.

I think this person should take heed after this and I am sure they will.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Not really, it's just simple luck...anyway, i would be pretty annoyed if i were that guy, im sure he thought it seemed a pretty efficient way of committing suicide...guess not, ouch
It was suicide right? doesn't mention but i would assume it was...i have heard of people surviving sky diving attempts without the parachute opening...so it's not that hard to believe i guess. All comes down to luck like i said.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Solomons]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

40 Storeys and lived, poor fool.
There are some things that are worse than death.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
People need to try harder when committing suicide. Go up 40 stories, drink some arsenic, jump off with a loaded gun, insert into mouth, shoot self upon jumping, and I think that combination will do the trick.

THINK before dying, people!!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
In the late 1970's a woman jumped off the 86th floor of the Empire State Building, the wind was so strong that it pushed her back into the 85th floor and only broke a hip.

I also hear going limp helps survive large falls, I heard of a man who survived a tornado dragging him a large distance because he was knocked out cold and limp.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by Segador]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Wow...
A family friend of mine jumped from an overpass years ago due to medication and physiological health problems. She broke almost every major bone in the lower half her body but she lived to make a full recovery and regain her mental health.

She has a minor limp but without the medication she is a sane and very nice person.
Now that was maybe two stories. I can't imagine 40, hopefully he bought a lottery ticket after he shattered his bones

[edit on 2-9-2010 by GummB]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I'll bet the guy who owns that Charger is happy this guy lived.

Its kinda hard to sue a dead guy.

Life is gonna suck for that suicide survivor, a lifetime of pain and recovery and a big fat lawsuit to boot!

I hope they throw the book at him.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

to be honest. I wouldnt really care if it was my car. no matter how expensive it was. I would just be happy the guy's alive, and hopefully will recieve the councilling he needs.

I would probably send him a card and a small gift too

(i wonder if his insurance covers falling guys)

[edit on 2-9-2010 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

OK it's a little funny, but not that funny.

A man is in pain...and now he's in more pain, not much to laugh at.

[edit on 2-9-2010 by _Phoenix_]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   
well so many people here say you should take your self out I am sure many at ATS are disappointment this guy lived.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

it's all karma, helping someone that down can never be bad for you. But what good is it adding to his misfutune.

We have really no background info, like I said earlier a family friend nearly died due the same way because of medication and it affecting her head. It's sad to see people wasting their life, so many would give anything for that life

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz

What a freefall, 40 storeys.

Lucky man. But here's yet better:

Vesna Vulović (Serbian: Весна Вуловић; born 3 January 1950) is a former Serbian flight attendant. She holds the world record, according to the Guinness Book of Records, for surviving the highest fall without a parachute: 10,160 meters (33,333 feet).
Source

Now that's lucky!

-v

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

She must have really been sick of airline food,heres another freefaller.
Alcides Moreno plunged 47 stories that morning last month, clinging to his 3-foot-wide window washer’s platform as it shot down the dark glass face of an Upper East Side apartment building
www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 2-9-2010 by 12voltz]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If he didn't wish he was dead before... I'm guaranteeing he is wishing he was now. Like someone else pointed out, there are worse things than death, and I'm sure this is one of them.

new topics

top topics

join