It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveler's Scratch Pad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Arrived in the late 60's with a load of modern electronics gear. Even the house went back with me and the answering machine was left on. [The phone ringing and machine was Carly calling on "this side" of things.]

House was about a mile tall from outside. A board was missing from its balcony. Was not afraid to stand out on it at first but later wanted to "keep down" for fear of falling.

Little development in area (yet). Went walking down trail in woods and started crying at the scene of lots that were cleared away. A giant old maple tree and the like populated the forest. It was in danger.

Loading the car in view of people might make them suspicious as the devices don't belong in that time. Perhaps the government already knows about them or will out and then they will want to question me. How do you tell them you are a time traveler? I surely could never get back home then!

Mind the places, the cars and the drivers. They are friendly but they go only so far with that. They shouldn't find out about my oddity.

Why the hell is Lee here? Coming close to wakefulness lets him and his family show up. He has no clue what's going on but I think the family might. [Not sure of this and not if Dianna's friends are either]. Perhaps I don't care. They don't really care anyways, only about themselves. Showing or telling them won't help them care or understand any more than they do now.

Job is done. I'll see them soon.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Is this the introduction to the book your writing or.......?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Haha- what a trip! More info, please.
xox

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Could be a book intro, or I might need a coffee, shower and a shave. That reminds me, the soup kitchen is open. Time to eat.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Nice scene-setting. Now focus in on the story.

I'm looking forward to seeing how this turns out. U2U me if you need to discuss anything technical.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Irony is good.

Hmmm...one involving the Masons, McDonald's and a small town where the citizens electrocute those whom they see as different to test one's loyalty (there's one of those in my head).

ETA: I said too much!

[edit on 9/2/2010 by EnlightenUp]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The soup, I wondered, "What's in that stuff?"

A voice, with the obvious desire to keep things private, whispered forcefully from an undiscernable location, "Pssst. Check the meat, it's in the meat!" I stood up, knocked over my soup. The meat!? They must have found out what had occured. Why did it have to be today? I could have picked any. Something might have changed. I felt sick. I had to leave.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by EnlightenUp
Irony is good.

No, you silly gubbins, I meant it.

Writing is what I do for a living. I really was offering technical advice and assistance--if you want it.

Hmmm...one involving the Masons, McDonald's and a small town where the citizens electrocute those whom they see as different to test one's loyalty

That one's not very original. I'm sure you can do a lot better.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Astyanax

Irony is good.

No, you silly gubbins, I meant it.

Oh, well thank you then. I thought you said "gibbons".

Writing is what I do for a living.

Interesting. I tend to have such ATS'ers collect around me whilst all I do is write whatever comes to mind for random thrills.

I really was offering technical advice and assistance--if you want it.

Thank you again. In what areas? Time travel?

That one's not very original. I'm sure you can do a lot better.

Somewhere giant, beakless emus with large human teeth and a sinister smile fit in.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   

In what areas? Time travel?

Writing. Oddly enough, there's a technical or craft side to it.

Somewhere giant, beakless emus with large human teeth and a sinister smile fit in.

Yes, but what are they doing?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   

Writing. Oddly enough, there's a technical or craft side to it.

Something I'm aware of but that seems non-existent within my own mental framework. To me, writing looks like mysterious witchcraft.

Yes, but what are they doing?

Being slapped in the heiney because they were blocking my way through a tight alley between a wooden picket fence and a farmhouse. Once they made their way into the emu corral after clearing out of my path, they smiled back as though they were promising patient vengence. There's a birthday party I must attend, but I don't know the address or the name of the place and my sister, who was there but didn't know where she was, forgot to write down the phone number.

[edit on 9/2/2010 by EnlightenUp]

new topics

top topics

join