It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You know you are a terrorist when..........

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

You can think for yourself and say it on the internet.

Are you sure about this one???

Are you sure you aren't letting someone else think for you...because this sounds like a lot of right wing propaganda that I have heard many many times before...doesn't really sound like "thinking for yourself".

And do I know you??? You posting style and avatar design seem sooooooo familiar. And ironicly...the member you remind me of has mysteriously stopped posting. I'm sure it's all a coincidence...just a little funny similarity I noticed

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Actually, you can classify each of those (save for Ted Kaczynski) as Militias, well Militias as they are classified by ATS Members.

Okay, fine. The point still stands, that it is both the left and the right that can be construed as "terrorists" under the current classifications made by the Department of Justice. Not just those pesky conservatives you so revile and ad nauseum throw Timothy McVeigh in their faces, but the left as well.

Ted, was a nutcase singularly, and his manifesto could very well be copied and presented as the TEA party platform.

Is that so? Well, let's put your assertion to the test:

1. The Industrial Revolution and its consequences have been a disaster for the human race.

Uhmmmm....that's just the first sentence of the Unabombers manifesto and all ready it is nowhere near any thing found in the TEA Party platform. Let's continue:

They have greatly increased the life-expectancy of those of us who live in "advanced" countries, but they have destabilized society, have made life unfulfilling, have subjected human beings to indignities, have led to widespread psychological suffering (in the Third World to physical suffering as well) and have inflicted severe damage on the natural world. The continued development of technology will worsen the situation.

Where in the TEA Party platform would we find anything similar to that idea, I wonder?

Here is a sentence from the second paragraph:

2. The industrial-technological system may survive or it may break down. If it survives, it MAY eventually achieve a low level of physical and psychological suffering, but only after passing through a long and very painful period of adjustment and only at the cost of permanently reducing human beings and many other living organisms to engineered products and mere cogs in the social machine.

Here is the third paragraph:

3. If the system breaks down the consequences will still be very painful. But the bigger the system grows the more disastrous the results of its breakdown will be, so if it is to break down it had best break down sooner rather than later.

Fourth paragraph:

. We therefore advocate a revolution against the industrial system. This revolution may or may not make use of violence: it may be sudden or it may be a relatively gradual process spanning a few decades. We can't predict any of that. But we do outline in a very general way the measures that those who hate the industrial system should take in order to prepare the way for a revolution against that form of society. This is not to be a POLITICAL revolution.

You've never even read this manifesto have you Wukky? Now let's compare that with the TEA Party platform, which is really less of a platform and more of a...well, nexus:

As the Tea Party movement continues to drum up support, we believe it is important to provide ongoing education and support to individuals interested in taking part in the movement. This includes sharing current national news on Tea Party activities, as well as insights into events and policies which will shape the direction of our government and economy. We believe everyone interested in promoting the ideals of pro-freedom, pro-individual government should stay informed of national and local events and when possible learn how to clearly articulate the arguments supporting these ideals.

Not really any complaint about industrialism in this paragraph, and it is decidedly political. Admit it Wukky, you've never bothered to read any TEA Party literature either, have you?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
You know you are a terrorist when............

The left or right keeps lying about you.

You route your IP through hideip.com.

You prefer your tobacco, poison free, aka non fsc labeled.

You prefer your koolaid ran through a filter able to remove fluoride and the coming lithium.

You post on ATS with an Avatar hiding ones true name.

You comment on nutjobs accusing them of being right wing when they turn out to be left wing.

You comment on nutjobs accusing them of being left wing when the turn out to be left wing.
or muslim.

Hey whatukno, I attempted to make a light hearted come together type rant and you of course have to bring your ideology into it.

Seems some can never leave their tunnel can they? Can never think outside that mindset they place themselves into.

Tell me whatukno, since you brought up McVeigh, what do you think about Janet Reno? Would you agree to this......

You might be a terrorist if you immolate dozens of children.

You might be a terrorist if you kill children for the killing of children.

Yeah, kazinski was a tea partier.

You might be a terrorist if you think ted kazinski is from a right wing mindset and not a nutbag.

Do not like the shoe on the other foot.

Oooooh, did I hurt your wittle feelings when I DESTROYED your wittle thwead on your supposition and lies about the fire at a construction site?

Tell me whatukno, can you be considered a terrorist if you comment about nutjobs and criminals labeling them right wing and they end up being leftys and muslims?

Like I said, show me evidence of a TPM or righty over the last 2 years that have done any racist things, or nutjob actions. Nope, cannot do it can you?

You might be a conspiracy forum terrorist if your avatar name is whatukno.

How bout that one?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

And no where in history...um,....like yesterday, was there someone with a progressive mindset, has ever been a, or engaged in terroristic activities?

You championed not long ago that the left/right paradigm was a destructive force yet you perpetuate here.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Sorry JPZ, I am not going through this with you again. I won't have you twist what I say into a divisive narrative.

I did not say the left did NOT engage in some of this behavior. What I said was that the modern conservative (especially some posters on ATS) mirror the words of Timothy McVeigh often.

I am not going to get into a long drawn out debate with you on this subject, especially in a thread authored by endisnighe's latest incarnation of himself.

But on the subject, You know you are a terrorist when.....

You plan to kill your fellow Americans, you want a violent revolution, you want to destroy the Government, rip up the Constitution and want to instill a Conservative/Fascist government that would make Hitler's Nazi Germany look like a PTA Assembly.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

I think I said that the left/right paradigm in government is a destructive force. People are going to align left or right it's a natural thing and people are going to have differences of opinion.

I don't think our government should be filled with Republicans or Democrats but independents working for their constituency.

But the people are going to always align themselves left or right in various degrees, and it's my opinion that the Far Right want a fascist government filled with genocide bigotry and hate.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Dear politicians and departments from justice, remember, that one day when you point a finger at someone, there are 3 other fingers points back at you!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:48 PM
link   
You might be a terrorist...when you can no longer compromise.

Just started reading a book about NC in the Civil War. Just finished the first chapter...oddly enough and despite history's brief convenient account, NC was most hesitant in joining the seccession movement.

Here in NC, many were dissatisfied with the overbearing weight of centralized government, but wanted to fix the problems within the bounds of the law and union. However, after Lincoln was elected...the mood darkened. After authorizing federal troops and federalizing local militias...NC grew into two camps...pro union and secession. The neutrals and central but pro southern leaning citizens were forced into one of thje two extremist camps.... secession soon followed.

The reason I mention this....is that is where we seem to be going. The lack of the ability to compromise for the greater good, and the forcing of all viewpoints into the two extreme camps... Obama is as galvanizing and divisive figure as Lincoln ever was...ironic that Obama frames himself in the sillouette of Lincoln.

And, then as now...we have outlets painting all sides as one of the two sides...even with humor... as here.

I hope we are able to equally laugh in another 3-5 years as we are now.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
To keep the flow of my OP.

You might be a terrorist if you believe you should not force your beliefs upon another.

You might be a terrorist if you believe the government should not listen to the majority and follow the Constitution.

You might be a terrorist if you believe in non interventionalism in both the micro and macro.

The problem ALWAYS goes back to the statists and the individualists.

Since the statists believe in tyranny, you know I am in the individualists camp.

And yes, Obama is so much like Lincoln it is scary. But instead of the cry for saving the union, the cry is to destroy the union and usher in the new Global society, be it under the jackboot or whatever.

You will not have a choice, you will either follow into the new age of oppression, or be jackbooted.

Here is a couple of videos to prove my point, from their own mouths.

Dem Gov on Beck Rally "It's a free country, I wish it weren't."

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
I didn't mean to break the flow... I actually see some opportunity here....

The Don't Tread On Me Comedy Tour

You might be a terrorist if you actually read your Bible

You might be a terrorist if you know the words to the Star Spangled Banner and understand them

You might be a terrorist if you know this is a Republic and understand what a Republic is... and can remember the John Wayne film in which he talks about "...republic... kinds' leaves a lump in your throat."

You might be a terrorist if you fly the Confederate Flag... especially if you fly all of them.

You might be a terrorist if you carry a copy of the US Constitution and the Declaration of Independence in your truck.

I guess that amkes me a terrorist.... by the way, the movie is The Alamo.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

And the Far Left want one filled with a tyrannical nanny state where we must adhere to the almighty Government for our marching orders....

So it is okay for 'the people' to hold beliefs and convictions but politicians are to not be human and be robots for 'the people'?

So I ask then, what do you think of the principles and ideas on a whole, of say Ron Paul? Who would you champion as someone most politicians should model themselves after? How can you expect people to drop all their convictions and become neutral once elected? They will still hold those convictions....

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Now, I am sorry OP.....I haven't addressed your original statement.....

You might be a terrorist if... you are old, white haired in a wheel chair going through security to visit your grandchildren.

You might be a terrorist if... you are not marching lock step to the sounds of the Government.

You might be a terrorist if... you still, for some odd reason believe in personal property rights and will defend your land.

You might be a terrorist if... you video tape a public peace officer doing their duty, upon a public street.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Man "The Alamo"! Hahaha have not seen that in ages.

You might be a terrorist if... you are idiotic enough to tape cell phones to a pepto bismol bottle and then check the bags on a flight you have no intention of taking.

You might be a terrorist if... you DISAGREE WITH THE GOVERNMENT!!!

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
No problem folks, just wanted to keep the discussion on the OP.

Hell, I thought some on the left might jump into the flow.

I will get them started.

You might be a terrorist when..........

You want your government to quit starting wars in other countries.

You want your government to quit policing the world.

You want your government to quit being in bed with corporations and banksters.

You want to take control of all the corporations.

I have a hard time actually seeing what they want so I will stop here.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   

I know... The Alamo is an oldie but a goodie...

But truthfully, I like those old movies...they taught individualism, self reliance, love of country, respect for opposing views...may not agree, but I respect them, ... taking a stand against injustice, never hit a woman, love your parents, rswpect your neighbor and their property...

such ideals may seem outdated and corny and old fashioned....

but like my mama says, " Good manners, and being clean never go out of fashion."

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
But on the subject, You know you are a terrorist when.....

You plan to kill your fellow Americans, you want a violent revolution, you want to destroy the Government, rip up the Constitution and want to instill a Conservative/Fascist government that would make Hitler's Nazi Germany look like a PTA Assembly.

EDA: Oops....edit my mistake and undue crack at Wukky...sorry didn't realize that the title was KNOW, thought it was Might BE.....my mistake. Forgive me.

Man, I want to be just as cynical as you.....

So my response, which I will jump into this because I could not let this go...

You know you are a terrorist when...(removed incorrect statement)

You want to control the lives of over 300 million people by imposing a far reaching, know it all attitude towards those pesky individuals that believe they know what is best for themselves. Continue to force feed millions with entitlements that is and will be far greater than they ever aspired for in their lives, thus effectively keeping them on the dole and in their pockets. For producing quality individuals that believe that 'parasitic babies' are the real problems of the world and will go on a rampage to prove their point....and on and on, round and round the carousel goes...

[edit on 2-9-2010 by ownbestenemy]

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Funny, cause those that you just listed...fall into the minds of nearly everyday Americans.

You might be a terrorist if... you want Bush to stand trial, but leave the senators and congressmen that voted for the war to get off scot-free

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

And the Far Left want one filled with a tyrannical nanny state where we must adhere to the almighty Government for our marching orders....

You might be right about that.

So it is okay for 'the people' to hold beliefs and convictions but politicians are to not be human and be robots for 'the people'?

That is right, politicians aren't supposed to be idealists with their own convictions but representatives of the people, and do what the people want.

So I ask then, what do you think of the principles and ideas on a whole, of say Ron Paul? Who would you champion as someone most politicians should model themselves after? How can you expect people to drop all their convictions and become neutral once elected? They will still hold those convictions....

Ron Paul is just as much of a snake as the rest of them. He appeals to a lot of right wing nuts out there, and at the same time suckers them out of their hard earned money.

People need to be elected for and by the will of the people and not their own personal convictions.

Those that want to be elected should campaign not on their personal convictions but with the understanding that if they are elected they will serve the will of the people.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Unfortunately this is not the post for us to debate what you have said, as I wish not to derail the thread. Maybe we will have the opportunity to. As I do have a rebuttal against your view on what a Representative Republic is and what our representatives are supposed to embody.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   

I agree, we should not derail endisnighe aka tyrannyispeace aka saltheart foamfollower's thread here.

So with that, I will continue...

You know you are a terrorist when...

You want to replace the 13th Amendment of the United States Constitution that outlawed slavery in this country forever with a made up one that would allow you to enslave more people.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join