It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islam and America

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by cindyremains

Cmon Cindy, your just being sarcastic .

Don't be silly.

I was being quite serious. I do not understand this concept of USA vs. Muslims. The only Muslims I know are from the US. They are US citizens by birth. So, can you please clarify for me?

If you think I am being silly, I can accept that. I think ATS could use a bit more silliness and lot less anger but I was not trying to be. My question is genuine.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

What part of that are you not getting? Someone here is not going to be able to tell someone over there what they should do. Expecting them and condemning them because they cannot is silly at best.

Might as well justify World War 2 concentration camps for anyone of Japanese Ancestory and tack onto it that they should have done something to stop that whole Pearl Harbor thing.

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Yes and that constitution includes suprise suprise,
FREEDOM OF RELIGION.

You don't get to pick and choose who are American and who aren't. It's not your place. If they live by the ideals of America and live here by all rights it does not matter what some bonehead in a far away country does in the name of a common religion.

[edit on 6-9-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows]

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Watcher-In-The-Shadows

Since when did I disagree with the freedom of religion?

All I am saying is that if a religion demands tolerance, that same religion should make well sure that
They are more than willing to give tolerance. That way everyone is on the same playing field.
I am tolerant of all different methods of peoples worship of God. However, I would be foolish to be tolerant
of a religious people who would want to end my life because I worship in a different method than them.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   

So,lets consider this example: A moderate Muslim comes to the United States and becomes a citizen.
After a while this particular person decides to embrace Sharia Law and then becomes a radical Islamic
type.Kind of like the fellow who just tried to cause havok in NYC. Now granted there are all kinds of kooks
all over the world who pull this kind of thing. It maybe has nothing to do with their background. The Major Difference however,is the Religion that Promotes this type of behavior or brainwash. Troublesome, wouldn't you say?
The Christian Conquistadores did it to the natives as well. Does that make it right or acceptable to you?
Well it doesn't to me. I believe in moderation in ALL things. As well as tolerance. But I will be honest here.
Due to the separation of "Church and State" I don't believe Sharia Law nor any other religious laws are
compatible with open and free laws of The United States Constitution AND Bill of rights. Period.
By the way, I respect your opinion and am only stating mine. I am starting to get the feeling that I am
causing your mind some level of discomfort as well. So, I think it best that I move to other pastures here.
My aim from the beginning was to only be open and honest with logic.
Out of respect for you being the original poster, I will give you the last word.
Thanks again for the interesting conversation.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am not the one blaming others for the faults for still others based upon the fact they share a religion with those others. You have. Just because they could decide to back Sharia Law does not mean they will.

Anyway, good day. Enjoy your attempt at a tactical retreat with the classic inference that I just want the last word.

edit on 8-9-2010 by Watcher-In-The-Shadows because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Well if you want to put it that way, I'll have the last word then. It wasn't a tactical retreat at all. I was starting to think
that while both our somewhat opposing viewpoints are valid, the conversation was becoming counter productive
and not leading anywhere positive. So why waste each others time?

Oh yeah, ask your friend Cindy how she will like wearing a veil for the rest of her life.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by MY2Commoncentsworth

Hey There, I figure you read all of the post and replies. I stand true to my word.

You noticed.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by cindyremains

Cindy,
There is no official U.S.A. verses Islam. I am confronting direct compatibility issues.

This discussion is focused on tolerance and balance/intolerance imbalance.. Are we clear?

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Yes point taken, but then again just because they could decide to back Sharia Law does not mean

they wont.

posted on Sep, 9 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Solomons

More insults...and attacks.

I must have hit a truthful nerve.

Facts are facts, you can gang up and insult me all you want.

Nobody had insulted or attacked you at all here. They are the one supplying facts, you are the one arguing against them with juvenile arguments that would quickly be ignored by anyone capable of preforming a thought process...

THIS would be insulting, and not even necessarily untrue:

"You are an idiot, how dare you believe that American Muslim people can even try to change the laws in their country, or the stipulations of their religion; they are members of a faith, they do not control it; you're logic must be declining in your old age, that or you're just another brainwashed American that will brainlessly accept anything that the right-winged media has to offer you. Try developing your own opinions, you witless buffoon.

Comprendez?!"

Furthermore, you are getting way off topic. Nobody here can change the fact that, in Islamic countries, there is still religious segregation; they simply aren't there yet, and it is not our place to force it without making the country look like it consists primarily of reckless yahoos like George Bush did.

P.S. the manner in which you repeatedly respond to posts that oppose "your ideas" is extremely immature. This 25-year old white male christian is now telling you that you have some serious growing up to do; What say you?

edit on 9-9-2010 by Brood because: Adding a thought

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Brood

Your judgement is noted , your insults are unimaginative,and your overall response is emotionally reactionary.

I find your assumptions comical. Thanks for the chuckle.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   

reply to post by Brood

Your judgement is noted , your insults are unimaginative,and your overall response is emotionally reactionary.

I find your assumptions comical. Thanks for the chuckle.

Good argument, adult.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 03:59 AM
link   

You spoke earlier about the constitution correct?
Since when, exactly, was it constitutional to judge people by what they have a potential to become?
Wouldn't that not be strictly unconstitutional considering such an idea would be a sound basis for throwing everyone in prison as potential murderers, rapists, etc, etc, etc, etc?

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

So,lets consider this example: A moderate Muslim comes to the United States and becomes a citizen.
After a while this particular person decides to embrace Sharia Law and then becomes a radical Islamic
type.Kind of like the fellow who just tried to cause havok in NYC. Now granted there are all kinds of kooks
all over the world who pull this kind of thing. It maybe has nothing to do with their background. The Major Difference however,is the Religion that Promotes this type of behavior or brainwash. Troublesome, wouldn't you say?
The Christian Conquistadores did it to the natives as well. Does that make it right or acceptable to you?
Well it doesn't to me. I believe in moderation in ALL things. As well as tolerance. But I will be honest here.
Due to the separation of "Church and State" I don't believe Sharia Law nor any other religious laws are
compatible with open and free laws of The United States Constitution AND Bill of rights. Period.

so you have a conquistador problem in you neighborhood, too?

By the way, I respect your opinion and am only stating mine. I am starting to get the feeling that I am
causing your mind some level of discomfort as well. So, I think it best that I move to other pastures here.
My aim from the beginning was to only be open and honest with logic.
Out of respect for you being the original poster, I will give you the last word.
Thanks again for the interesting conversation.

very interesting to say the least.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   
Islam is a very misunderstood religion, it makes me sad to see the religion judged as if it isn't the radical people who are to be blamed. The religion of Islam does NOT support this radical behavior whatsoever, and yo will not find a passage in the Quran that proves me wrong beyond a reasonable doubt.

For the sake of perspective, have you read the Bible? I have, three times over my education through private elementary schools and religious secondary schools. truly, you cannot blame the Quran for these radical behaviors if you do not blame the Nazis for their genocide based on the book of Joshua? Do your research. I am atheist an I educate myself about religious beliefs so that I can respect them and not dwell in my own ignorance; it is a shame other cannot do the same.

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
we have an OLD testament with a vengeful god, before jesus.

then we have have the NEW testament. which, well do i really have to say?

god is less prominent than jesus.

that was 2000 yrs ago.

you find where it says all this loviedovie crap in the koran.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join