It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Arizona Now Has 'Whopping 30' National Guard Troops and 15 Billboard Signs Warning Citizens About Dr

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by adjensen

Originally posted by Annee
Yes - - I am well aware it says the same thing.

How about - - "thanks for taking my post seriously - researching it - and posting an article that supports what I said".

Because when you post an article decrying the change in the law and precede it with:

Ya mean like this: Governors lose in power struggle over National Guard

one comes away with the impression that you didn't realize that you were wrong until I pointed it out the second time.

NO - - actually my anger comes from sending mostly kids to war that are not prepared. I could be wrong - but I don't think the National Guard is as trained for combat as other branches of the military.

I do agree with the slant of that particular article. But it is still saying the same thing - - in support of you being correct.

QUESTION FOR YA: Has the National Guard ever been sent to war before?

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Never mind - I found this. I actually do try to research.

The United States went to war in 1917 "to make the world safe for democracy." By 1939, that goal seemed remote at best. Throughout the 1920s and the 1930s dictators emerged – Benito Mussolini in Italy, Adolf Hitler in Germany, and a militarist faction in Japan – determined to use force to achieve expansionist national aims. By the summer of 1940, Germany had overrun most of Europe, and Japan had conquered much of eastern China. It was becoming increasingly difficult for the United States to maintain a position of neutrality.

In May 1940, Pres. Franklin Roosevelt asked for large supplements to his January defense budget, including a program for 50,000 planes a year. In June, the War Department began releasing surplus arms to England. In September, the first peacetime draft in American history was passed by Congress. In conjunction with the Selective Service Act, the National Guard of the United States was ordered into active military service for one year of preparedness training to ensure its viability should the nation enter World War II. The phased mobilization began on Sept. 16, 1940, and was finally completed in early spring of 1941. Thus, when the Japanese attack on Pearl Harbor brought the United States into World War II at the end of 1941, America was not wholly unprepared. National Guard forces had been mobilized for almost a year.

In 1941, the Iowa National Guard consisted of elements of the 34th Division (which also included soldiers from Minnesota, North Dakota and South Dakota), the 113th Cavalry Regiment and the 124th Observation Squadron. Eventually, the 34th Division and the 113th Cavalry were sent to the European Theater. The 34th saw action in North Africa and Italy. The 113th took part in operations across France, Belgium, Holland and Germany. Pilots of the 124th patrolled the Gulf of Mexico, searching for German submarines.

www.iowanationalguard.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Imagine there's no Heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for