It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Two-Party System: Two sides of the same coin

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir

So what can we do? Well... many of things.

1. Elimination of civil servant pension
2. End collaboration between big business, big labor and big government.
3. Send all illegal immigrants back home and set immigration limits from non-western countries.
4. Stop all forms of affirmative action.
5. Stop with so called 'progress'.
6. Stop judges from enforcing elitist views upon the public.
7. Return to focusing on the family and family values, teach morals in schools.
8. Establish a tariff that would make up the difference in labor costs.
9. Stop Consumerism, corporatism and elitism immediately by ending the catering to big business and punish Wall Street.
10. Let the people choose in state referendums on any more 'progressive' issues such as abortion, gay marriage, gays in military, etc...

[edit on 9/2/2010 by Misoir]

Misoir

I know I am late with this but I have intellectually disagreed with you before in other threads because you leaned left (nothing wrong with that--of course) so I felt I must respond to this post because it is so level-headed and reasoned. Good job! I agree with all of your posts--except maybe #8--can you expound on that?

Since I am a die-hard right-winger I too must admit that I now have many misgivings towards the two-party system which I did not have until perusing many of the ATS threads such as this.

As an admitted conspiratorialist (aren't we all here at ATS?) if this 2-headed power structure were true I cannot think of a greater conspiracy to inflict upon us common plebes. I want to believe it isn't true...but...it is getting harder to defend the system with each passing year.

posted on Sep, 5 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Some people just found out now about this, It's been like this from the start, in every government, whoever wins left or right or even both(hung parliament) the 'family' always win. Since our 'recorded' history this has been gong on. If you wish to enslave man, make him think he is free. By giving him the right to vote, he believes he has a say in how the county can be run but in fact everyone from the president/prime minister to the least official are chosen for you. Created to uphold your slavery.

Regards, Naeem

posted on Mar, 10 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 21 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people. To destroy this invisible government, to befoul the unholy alliance between corrupt business and corrupt politics is the first task of the statesmanship of today."

- Theodore Roosevelt.

-----
(snip)
-----

edit on 21-6-2011 by SmokeAndMirror because: better text formatting

edit on Tue 21 Jun 2011 by Hellmutt because: T&C § 19) Advertising

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
If memory serves It's "WE THE PEOPLE"! When did we all forget that we control the government? We ELECT our officals, and laws our passed in front of our very own eyes. If you disagree with the way political parties our running the government, then tell them! Or better yet, use the right bestowed to you and vote! Ranting about government, and it's flaws, is in and of itself a cycle. There will always be individuals who disagree with the way things are being run, and in this country, unlike much of the rest of the world, we have a unqiue opportunity to change our government. If the government is out of control, WE LET IT GET OUT OF CONTROL, if the government is repressive, materialistic and self-serving, then guess what, I guess we all are too. Don't get me wrong, I myself have a lot of problems with the way our current government is running things, but the difference is, instead of sitting around pointing fingers, I truly am taking a stand. Want to know how? By getting my college degree in political science, with an emphasis on economic development, so that when my opportunity comes I will be able to change the laws that limit individual and states rights. I am doing it the right way. Calling for the complete and total destruction of a form of government that allows you the right to say the things you are saying now, is ridiculous. When we come together as a country, we are able to do the impossible. Think about the amazing things we as a country have accomplished together, when we laid our differences aside, and each person took it upon themselves to be the change they wanted to see. We defeated the Nazi's, went to the moon (ironically with help from Nazi scientists) and defeated Communism. We have done the seemingly impossible before, and we can again with regards to our current finacial situation and many other problems facing American's, if we just come together, take whole-hearted responsibility for our government and understand that the government is a reflection of the masses.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
I found this to be funny and thought it would make a good addition to this discussion. When they don't think the cameras are rolling the opposition laughs about about being "barbarians" and discuss golf scores like old chums.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
the American Government was founded on Christian God given rights and freedoms. It is amazing to see how Evolution has completely infiltrated every aspect of our lives to the public school education system to the music industry and Trans-humanist propaganda to movies like "Limitless" and Paradise Falls, Bradley Cooper's newest movie coming in 2013 about Lucifer the fallen angel(Satan) and what will undoubtedly have Gnostic leanings just like "Legion" and "The Matrix".

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Americans think they are standard
democracy for the rest of the world

posted on Oct, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
Great Thread,

It certain does appear that way now, doesn't it? It seems
policy never changes for the most part, and when someone
decides to upset the apple cart, a stalemate ensues.
It is particular shameful that the middle class has been
ripped apart by the decisions of this "Two Party Crew".
The level of lobbying and Bribery is Criminal.
I have never been so troubled about the future of our
beloved United States of America as I am now.
Pray for a miracle.

By the way, your thread is well written, but I must say
that the Joker faces are somewhat disturbing. I respect
your freedom of expression though.
Salutations

Have to agree, it seems nothing but an illusion this two party system.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
the goverment will always do that

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

I've said this 100 times on ATS and you get 57 flags.

It sure takes you folks a long time to finally WTF up.

A two party system with rigged votes does not work.

posted on Jul, 30 2012 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Enjoyed

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 03:57 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 31 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I think it's kind of redundant to have only a 2 party system. Thats basically like saying yeah ok, the world is black white. There should be more than 2 sides for people to choose from. When was the last time there was a republican president? *sarcasm* i could simply google that.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join