It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Tests Released Using BP’S Actual Crude Mixed With Corexit*

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Here we go folks, this is going to go viral and the days of siding with BP to save face are over! This is such an important video, please watch and listen to what he has to say, imho he is right on.

More individual testing venues are going to blow this out of the water, this has become a National Scandal!

What is so damning about our dispersant testing is that we – through court-obtained channels – used the actual oil from the Macondo Well and the actual dispersant, Corexit. The results are undeniable. Watch the video [below]…

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... -video

[edit on 1-9-2010 by antar]

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 1/9/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Corexit is mixing the oil with the water, in a sense, hiding it. Problem solved!..

Paraphrased, corexit breaks the oil down in a certain way, releasing the most toxic components into the water itself instead of remaining in the crude, they're making some sort of sordid witches brew, using the gulf as a cauldron.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by depth om]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
my mistake.

having a user on ignore makes these threads difficult to read.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by justadood]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by depth om

Just hang on to your hat, the real Transparency has only just begun to ehem surface.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Great find Antar,its sad to see whats goin go all around us!I found this story on the foam in the St Johns river that I told you about.
Bizzare white foam plagues St Johns river in Florida:More Corexit 9500 proof?______beforeitsnews/story/121/095/Bizarre_White_Foam_Plagues_St._Johns_River_in_Florida:_More_Corexit_9500_Poisoning_Proof.html

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I really love what Marco has to say:

"They are making a choice, they are keeping the oil off of the beaches, and maybe out of the public eye, but you're putting the oil into the parts of the water, into the parts of the Gulf of Mexico where there's more creatures living."

www.youtube.com...

Biological Oceanographer: “GREAT CONCERN” over the many recent *UNUSUAL* fish kills that have “covered the ENTIRE WATER COLUMN”

Normal fish kills cause “fish to come to the surface to be in distress, flopping around, and slowly they die, and new ones come up. This was not observed in any of these kills. All we had was a massive amount of dead fish coming to the surface

“A fish kill from a red tide, as I’ve observed, causes fish to come to the surface to be in distress, flopping around, and slowly they die, and new ones come up. This was not observed in any of these kills. All we had was a massive amount of dead fish coming to the surface.”[ /quote]

www.floridaoilspilllaw.com... lumn

[edit on 1-9-2010 by antar]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Interesting. It's a shame there's no information regarding the test conditions e.g. water temp, salinity, amount of oil used in the flask vs water on a wt% basis, etc. and how those conditions relate to what's actually occurring in the Gulf.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by PatriotsPride

You should check out this site and see if you can get involved, it really is going to become more widespread than just the GUlf Coast states, but the way I figure it, even if BP pays every man woman and child in America 1 million dollars a piece, they will still come nowhere close to what they have spent to cover this up.

testtherain.com...

They have chosen to be irresponsible in this mess, they have not stood on the side of solutions and amendments, so that means that they need to pay and pay dearly.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Thanks,I will check it out..I did some more research and found out that a couple of different local people did some tests on the foam and or wate in the St Johns and it came back with 200ppm cyanuric acid.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Wow! Can you get more info on that? Great post, good info, this is the kind of movement that is going to bring transparency to this disaster.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Heres another link for you to check out,this is the story where the locals did some testing of their own..
Foam on St Johns churns up environmental interest
jacksonville.com...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:51 PM
link   

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/facae5c9b650.jpg[/atsimg]

That is REALLY strange looking foam!

From your link above:

Orangedale resident Don Girvan, a consultant for a chemical business, said he collected water and foam near his home to analyze Sunday and was troubled by his findings.

Girvan said his tests showed an unusual level of cyanuric acid, a product commonly used in swimming pools to slow the breakdown of chlorine. Although Florida regulations don’t allow cyanuric acid concentrations above 40 parts per million in pools, he said his results indicated levels in the river greater than 200 parts per million.

He said his results might be wrong, but he was concerned because of research suggesting high levels could pose health hazards. Two years ago, Chinese investigators said interaction between melamine and cyanuric acid in contaminated milk caused kidney damage in some small children.

State agencies apparently won’t try to verify Girvan’s findings. Segelson said the conservation commission believed the Department of Environmental Protection might be best suited to do that testing, but Strong said his agency’s laboratories don’t have testing protocols to check river water for cyanuric acid.

Cyanuric acid can be produced by hydrolysis of crude or waste melamine followed by crystallization. Acid waste streams from plants producing these materials contain cyanuric acid and on occasion, dissolved amino-substituted triazines, namely, ammeline, ammelide, and melamine. In one method, an ammonium sulfate solution is heated to the "boil" and treated with a stoichiometric amount of melamine, by which means the cyanuric acid present precipitates as melamine-cyanuric acid complex. The various waste streams containing cyanuric acid and amino-substituted triazines may be combined for disposal and during upset conditions, undissolved cyanuric acid may be present in the waste streams.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I also noticed that this foam is in the Intercoastal Waterway as well,so it is not just confined to the St Johns river,my mother works downtown by the river,she sent me a video from her phone,where there was tar balls in that foam...

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Great find, though I don't know about being viral just yet. It doesn't even have 600 views at this time and it's been up for two days. I can see this video taking off though.

Is there any proof that they are using corexit aside from their word? Just curious.

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by asianeko

Confirmed: Corexit Still Being Sprayed in the Gulf

Washington’s Blog
Sunday, August 29, 2010

Veteran chemist Bob Naman says that Corexit is still being sprayed in the Gulf, and that he found 13.3 parts per million in Cotton Bayou, Alabama.

As I pointed out last week:

Parts per million might not sound like much.

But the EPA has found that exposure to 42 parts per million killed 50% of mysid shrimp within 4 days (and most of the remaining shrimp didn’t last much longer).

www.prisonplanet.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by depth om
Corexit is mixing the oil with the water, in a sense, hiding it. Problem solved!..

Paraphrased, corexit breaks the oil down in a certain way, releasing the most toxic components into the water itself instead of remaining in the crude, they're making some sort of sordid witches brew, using the gulf as a cauldron.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by depth om]

This post pretty much sums it up. Think of it as the dispersant allows the water to do the impossible and mix with oil. This means individual molecules of oil and dispersant are running through the water currents. Vice the oil remaining separate from the water and drifting along.
As for the conspiracy twist on this topic; do you think BP did not know this before utilizing massive amounts of said dispersant? Or would it be par for the “Big Oil” course if this dispersant was used not to reduce the damages caused by oil in the gulf but to reduce the visibility of the massive slick?
Classic out of sight, out of mind mentality.

posted on Sep, 10 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   

top topics

join