It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Obama's Adminstration Starting On The Road To Gun Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
I remember posting in a thread about Eric Holder saying that gun control was a part of the Obama plan. He said the time wasn’t right to make the move yet. Well now that the great gun craze of 2009 is over it looks like the time has come.

The Obama administration’s State Department has decided to refuse South Korea the right to import M1 Garands and M1 Carbines that were carried by US soldiers during the Korean War. The State Department says that the weapons may be used for “illicit purposes.” They also say they are talking to South Korea and the US Army about ways to “Dispose” of these weapons.

I urge everyone here to take the time to write their elected officials and let them know that these weapons are more than guns. They are a part of America’s history. They are also tax payer property that is legal to own according to federal law.

Here is a link to the story.
Obama Reverses Course

These weapons are over fifty years old and are considerred curio and relic guns. They are of special interest to collectors and museums. Beyond that they are used to teach marksmanship and gun safety courses. There is no reason to ban the importation of these guns.

My grandfather carried an M1 Garand in the Korean war. I would love the chance to own one of these weapons. We he died I recieved nothing of his. For me this would be a way to stay connected to his legacy. However, this administration feels it is fine to destroy the legacy of our forbearers. They believe it is the right of unelected bureaucrats to tell us that we are not allowed to own a piece of our history because they are scared of "high capacity magazines."

By allowing things like this to happen Obama's adminstartion is saying that the soldiers who served in Korea did so in vain.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I, for one, would love to own one! We'll see if the sellout NRA stands up and says anything or if other gun-rights advocates bring this issue to the forefront.

Recently the EPA rejected a petition filed by an environmental group to outlaw lead ammunition. I believe this was a back-door attempt by the Obama Administration trying to use the "environmental" venue to get around the 2nd Amendment. Even though there was NO MENTION of this attempt in MSM, it got enough internet circulation that calls of outrage were enough to make them back down...

For now

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
well as always they seem to want to take away the guns from people who are allowed to have them, but do little to suppress the guns from the criminals. Taking away guns, well only increase murder rates. without not knowing who has guns, the criminals have little to fear... The Fort Hood shooting never would have happened like it did, If it was not for that Idiot Jimmy Carter... being so scared of the military taking over the disaster of his 4 years, as president... take away guns, then people well just have to get more creative when they lose it, and have to find new ways to murder people.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I agree with Target.

Even if he did pull off this whole gun control ban or whatever. What's he going to do send his people door to door asking to search are home for guns? Not to mention all the gun/pawn shops that deal them, shut them down? There is no way he is going to succeed in this issue.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
They don’t do it all at once.
They do it a little bit at a time.
Chipping away at the rock.

50 years ago, If you told the average brit that they was going to have a ban on all knives with a blade longer than 3 inches, he would have thought that you had freaking lost your mind.

But it is law in the UK.
It didn’t get there in one bit step.
Just little steps as the decades pass.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Mr Tranny]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Maybe I'm hoping for too much but maybe someday he'll prove himself by acting like a "true American".

For now it's certainly worth keeping an eye on what he continues to do.
I mean, he was the number one firearms salesman of the year last year.

new topics

top topics

join