It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what if this is the case

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I seem to be going a little posting crazy today but im trying not to think about some things that are going on lately.

Anyway i got to thinking that what if a lot of the oddball creatures that are cited just happen to be animals that have been released/escaped into an area that they just arent indiigenous to. That wouldnt explain lock ness nor big foot but it could explain some of the others that have been seen throughout history. So i got to looking through some pics i have taken of animals that have passed through my possesion and i came across a pic that i would think if he escaped would cause several people to swear they had seen some sort of mini monster. So tell me can you identify this animal?

pics.xs.to...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
is it a fosa? whenever i look at pics of these they often look quite different.

weecheng.com...

see here is a pic of fosa. i have never seen one that had spots before, perhaps it is a juvenile.

so you had that thing for a pet how was it as a companion? not saying that is for sure what it is though.

[edit on 6/21/2004 by panchovilla]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Close but no cigar , i am however impressed to finad anyone who knows what a fosa is though. This particualiar critter has twice the ear length of a fosa and if you notice its tail coiled behind it that will give you an idea of how long it is, the tail is twice the lenght of that of its body. On a fosa you would find a tail equal in length to its body.

keep guessing..............

Also do you agree if this little guy where released and sited that people would start clalling it a devil creature of some sort?

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
yea it would definetly trip people out. it would trip me out if i saw one running throung my back yard.

at on site i read that the Fossa fossanna, striped civet, is the madagascar's second largest predator. i also saw pics of juvenile fossas the kind i am more familiar with and they do not have stripes. so there must be two different types of fossas.

i can not believe how difficult it is at times of find decent info on the net i have seen many sites with good info of the larger solid gray fossa and the scientific name now i cannot find a single site with scientific name. this pisses me off. i'm still searchin.

i am seeing lots of pics of ones with stripes now. people may claim that they saw this
ew2.lysator.liu.se...
also saw a pic of a prehistoric fossa. MEAN!!!

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
is it Cryptoprocta ferox? Cryptoprocta ferox is madagascar's largest predator and is sometimes called fossa.

Fossa fossanna(sp?) is madagascar's second largest predator also called fossa and striped civet.

here is a pic of Cryptoprocta ferox

well now that i have looked at many pics of Cryptoprocta ferox i do not think it looks to be the same creature as in your picture. extremely interesting though.

tell us how that critter is as a pet. he looks nice. i would like to have one of the big fossas. that would be sweet. i read that fossas walk flat footed like bears, unlike felids that walk on there feet.

also saw a #e load of different types of civets yet nothing just like your pic.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well i got the thing i will refer to as "evil little bastard" several months back from a friend of mine that insisted it was friendly. After my first encounter with it i determined my friend had obviously never heard the definition of the word friendly. However after it being in my care one night it escaped downstairs and when i came around the corner to see its cage door open i turned and there he was standing on his hind legs allmost as high as my waist. It scared the hell out of me but not because i thought it could hurt me but more the initial shock of seeing it when i went to turn around. Oddly enough the little guy followed me around the room wherever i went like he was a puppy so apparently my first encounter with him was very misleading.

Anyway ill give you another hint on what it is , the creature does in fact actually have black spots on its coat similiar to that of the first fosa pic you linked. However the creature is what is known as melanistic which is basically the reverse of albino, so you can only see its spots in the proper lighting. Also civet was real close, by the way dare i ask how you are familiar with the fosa?
Its a rather odd creature for anyone to even know of.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   
is it a melanistic ring tailed cat or coati?

well enough guesses for me maybe someone else knows.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 04:37 PM
link   
It's a young Black Panther or Melantistic Leopard from India and Southeast Asia? Just a guess though.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Nope mountain its not that big...........

However i got to thinking last night when i was feeding it, when i was little i used to be scared to go in the basement by myself becuase i was sure some sort of monster lived down there. Now that im older the kids in my house can litterally say a devil creature lives in the basement. Odd thing is they arent scared of it nor any other animal ( even dangerous ones ) but they are scared as can be of the dark, go figure.

top topics

join